Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Top Queensland Schools

Top Queensland Schools

Old Jul 17th 2010, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Queensland Schools

[QUOTE=DadAgain;8707245]In terms of high school you missed the BEST performer of the lot! This school blows the others away by a LONG way if you're looking at raw statistics.

..and the good news? Its not a $16k a year private school its a state school: Qld Academy of Science Math & Technology at Toowong (selective 'geek' school).

My sons science teacher has suggested we look into that school for our geek He went into a NSW science competition and despite being a year younger ( qld ) was in the top 2% of entrants ( actually I think it was top 1% ) better check that Hes one of those math, science wizards, like his mum not.

The 2 hour commute to school would mean yet another move so it might just be the IB path he is on now.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Top Queensland Schools

Originally Posted by James516
I don't understand the point of private schooling. If I'd paid $16K per year for my kid to go to a top school and then they only got an OP2 I'd be fuming. I'd want my money back unless they got an OP1 and it seems only 30% or so of the kids there get one.
Even if the same child would have received an op6 somewhere else...surely it is all relative....the facilities at some are great as well. I doubt it is all about the op.