Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Too Early to Jack It All In????

Too Early to Jack It All In????

Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Too Early to Jack It All In????

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I can't. I'm tipping....

His point is clear. Some people should not migrate. Some people are at higher risk than others and it's measurable to a point. That's also my opinion too. The rest is detail.
Then he probably should have just said that, as it is, what he did say is pretty stupid & over simplistic, like some of his other posts....& that is just my opinion!

Last edited by Sally Simpson; Dec 28th 2009 at 5:33 am.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:27 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Speaking to a mother more than 3 times blah blah blah is symbolic? No, it's not. It's complete ignorance and just shows how little he knows about anyone migrating other than himself.
We have been here for 7 years. My OH speaks to his mother daily for at least an hour. They are very funny and say the same things every day. He is quite quiet and so rarely speaks unless he has something to say but I get all the feedback via overhearing these calls.

He's never going home
Old Dec 28th 2009, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Then he probably should have just said that, as it is, what he did say is pretty stupid & over simplistic, like some of his other posts....& that is just my opinion!
Sure. But I think he is right with the message even if the delivery is not pleasant for some.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sure. But I think he is right with the message even if the delivery is not pleasant for some.
It's not rocket science to work out that emigration/Australia are not for some but as with many things in life, you have to try it for yourself to see.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 6:36 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking to a mother more than 3 times blah blah blah is symbolic? No, it's not. It's complete ignorance and just shows how little he knows about anyone migrating other than himself.
I speak to my mother maybe once or twice a year, the rest is via email, letters, facebook, whatever. I refuse to pay for phone calls to hear how tell me how the cat is been sick again, and she says she has better uses for the money - which probably very true!
So going by this ridiculous yardstick I'm a perfect candidate for migration, and you aren't
Old Dec 28th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Probably not Polly, but maybe you can educate me here:

1. Is it Australia’s fault if someone is unhappy here????? Really????? Forget personal feelings and your mates on BE and look at it realistically…..
2. If someone is unhappy why don’t they go back home? If its about money, they can’t be that unhappy can they? Really???? And if its about husband/wife girlfriend/boyfriend then they obviously are unhappy with the entire package or have a big disagreement on a basic issue with their life partner…..

Its about time this blame mentality got pushed back where it belongs. The only person to blame for being unhappy in Australia and continuing to be here is YOU.
I hear what you are saying. Some people will never be happy or satisfied no matter where there are. Some people think it is their god-given right to find fault in Australia and Australians, like the Aussies have begged them to come here and forgotten to bend over backwards once they come. However, some get homesickness to such a degree that it is unbearable, and this is a different matter.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 6:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't. I'm tipping....

His point is clear. Some people should not migrate. Some people are at higher risk than others and it's measurable to a point. That's also my opinion too. The rest is detail.
That's hardly rocket science is it? Find me someone who doesn't think that there are some who shouldn't migrate - you won't, they don't exist. He's not making a point at all, just making a fool of himself.

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I speak to my mother maybe once or twice a year, the rest is via email, letters, facebook, whatever. I refuse to pay for phone calls to hear how tell me how the cat is been sick again, and she says she has better uses for the money - which probably very true!
So going by this ridiculous yardstick I'm a perfect candidate for migration, and you aren't
Damn it. Wish I'd realised earlier. That's it, I'm packing up and moving back. Have my house Poll, I obviously don't need it
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:01 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it. Wish I'd realised earlier. That's it, I'm packing up and moving back. Have my house Poll, I obviously don't need it
We were wrong all these years
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We were wrong all these years
It's wonderful though, don't you think, when someone comes along and is able to show us the error of our ways? We should be grateful I think.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's hardly rocket science is it?
Do you mind not pinching my lines!

It's wonderful though, don't you think, when someone comes along and is able to show us the error of our ways? We should be grateful I think.
Indeed!
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:12 am
Home and Happy

Can you lend me a cloth, I need to clean up the drink I just spat on my laptop
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Can you lend me a cloth, I need to clean up the drink I just spat on my laptop
And you wonder why your keyboard is dying Eating dinner the other evening and I said something that really tickled the youngest. She laughed so hard a lump of bread shot out of her nose - very funny but very revolting at the same time
Old Dec 28th 2009, 7:58 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Eating dinner the other evening and I said something that really tickled the youngest. She laughed so hard a lump of bread shot out of her nose - very funny but very revolting at the same time
A lump of bread. You sure about that?. That 'bread' wasn't slightly green and slimy was it?
Old Dec 28th 2009, 8:21 am
Home and Happy

And you wonder why your keyboard is dying Eating dinner the other evening and I said something that really tickled the youngest. She laughed so hard a lump of bread shot out of her nose - very funny but very revolting at the same time
bet she was sooo embarrassed!! As for my keyboard I really have to pluck up the courage to change it for a new one, there's a whole group of keys now around F and X that only work if i remember to hit them really hard I'd like to blame it on Australia but unfortunately it came from PC World back home
Old Dec 28th 2009, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

...and back on topic. Yes, 5 weeks is far too early!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.