Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:35 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Originally Posted by thebutts
Hi Tiawamutu, great thread, just found it and have speed read all 43 pages!!!!! Hope your in your house real soon.
We are currently waiting our visa but hope to be in perth early next year. We love the idea of having a new build, but am wondering how the mortgage works, we bought new here in the uk and the mortgage started once we signed and moved in but i think its different in oz with payments needed by the builders at different stages???????
We will be bringing enough money for a deposit, cars furniture etc, but will still need a reasonable mortgage. Am trying to do a bit of financial planning and would like to know do you pay full mortgage payments from beginning of build, ie whilst still renting?
If anyone can point me in the direction in information on mortgages to build that would be great, dont mean to hijack the thread but as your building and renting thought you would know tiawamtu, unless of course your loaded and have bought your house cash.

Good luck, im subscribed to the thread now eargerly awaiting more piccies.

We have bought off the plan, so the payments aren't made at intervals like a normal build. We don't pay until after settlement, although we did pay for extras that we chose at pre selection, and paid a very small deposit (under 10k)

Never in a million years be able to afford to pay out this much cash Unless we won the lottery that is
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:05 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

They put the extractor fans in the bathrooms, toilet and kitchen today (yesterday ) and the ventilation mushroom looking thingys on the roof (probably a proper name for them but who knows what it is )

They have 2 more days this week, to get on with things, so let's hope they do
Old Oct 10th 2007, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
They put the extractor fans in the bathrooms, toilet and kitchen today (yesterday ) and the ventilation mushroom looking thingys on the roof (probably a proper name for them but who knows what it is )

They have 2 more days this week, to get on with things, so let's hope they do

Did you ask for a key, or are you looking whilst they workers are there?
Old Oct 12th 2007, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Tracey O
Did you ask for a key, or are you looking whilst they workers are there?
I climbed in through the window tonight , and then went out through the door

They have done the undercoat/sealer on all the walls, and woodwork throughout the house.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 11:50 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

They have done the undercoat/sealer on all the walls, and woodwork throughout the house.
try lookin in the leckie box thats usually where the key is kept
Old Oct 12th 2007, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Tracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to allTracey O is a name known to all

OMG - Thats sooooo funny Did you switch the lights on??
Old Oct 12th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

LOL that is so funny.....you nearly made me spit my coffee out through laughing so much !!!
Old Oct 12th 2007, 2:33 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

you dafty
i can just see you trying to explain that one to the police
Old Oct 13th 2007, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Tracey O
OMG - Thats sooooo funny Did you switch the lights on??
No cos it was light....and there's no light, just wires coming out of the walls
Old Oct 13th 2007, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
you dafty
i can just see you trying to explain that one to the police
I know, although everyone that lives in the near vicinity knows who we are, as we've been there that many times
Old Oct 15th 2007, 2:26 pm

Went down today, and they've put the solar hot water unit up on the roof.

And the reticulation box is on the wall, ready for the landscaping which they are supposed to be doing tomorrow

They also did all the undercoat, ready for the painting. This won't be done til after the tiling, which will be next.

It's all coming along now
Attached Thumbnails Tiawamutu's House Build-15.10.07-004.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-15.10.07-021.jpg   Tiawamutu's House Build-15.10.07-023.jpg  
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:48 pm

...Forgot to mention....One of the trades climbed through the window for me today, and let me in through the door
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:17 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

...Forgot to mention....One of the trades climbed through the window for me today, and let me in through the door

looking good
a x
Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

thebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura aboutthebutts has a spectacular aura about

Coming on nicely, do you have a completion date yet?
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

It looks fantastic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.