Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Tiawamutu's House Build

Tiawamutu's House Build

Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:27 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

Fingers crossed for bricks after Monday!
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:29 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
how much are they charging you for the smart wiring.what factors influenced you in getting this in your home?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:40 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youngy73
how much are they charging you for the smart wiring.what factors influenced you in getting this in your home?
Ask my husband
Old Apr 6th 2007, 2:27 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Ask my husband
whos your husband?
Old Apr 6th 2007, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Its free well it was when we had ours done last year, known as e-wire.
Once installed you get the extra TV channels and broadband connection free for 6 months then you can pick your plan.

Di
Old Apr 6th 2007, 11:32 am
youngy73

Originally Posted by harveyhare
Its free well it was when we had ours done last year, known as e-wire.
Once installed you get the extra TV channels and broadband connection free for 6 months then you can pick your plan.

Di
im now confused. i was under the impression it was like cbus. thats what it looks like from the website. am i correct.
Old Apr 6th 2007, 1:08 pm

It's not free....The e-wire bit is free, and all houses in the suburb get that.

This cost a few thousand dollars

It is linked to the e-wire but is a way of having multi data (Phone/internet/TV/audio) sockets throughout the house which is all linked to one control centre. Saves messy wires everywhere. Means we can have high definition foxtel in any room without buying extra box, and we also have audio in our alfresco, which can be played from a PC in the study. There are lots of things you can do with it, and you can upgrade in the future.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 6:19 am
youngy73

It's not free....The e-wire bit is free, and all houses in the suburb get that.

This cost a few thousand dollars

It is linked to the e-wire but is a way of having multi data (Phone/internet/TV/audio) sockets throughout the house which is all linked to one control centre. Saves messy wires everywhere. Means we can have high definition foxtel in any room without buying extra box, and we also have audio in our alfresco, which can be played from a PC in the study. There are lots of things you can do with it, and you can upgrade in the future.
upgrade to what. i still dont get it. wires are only messy if there an after thought. am i right in thinking that all you are getting is cat 5 cable ran thru into each room?
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:29 am

upgrade to what. i still dont get it. wires are only messy if there an after thought. am i right in thinking that all you are getting is cat 5 cable ran thru into each room?
No you're not right about the wires. Upgrades as in controlled lighting and security.

This thread's about my house build. You obviously know something about electricals (being an electrician ) so I don't think there's any need to go into great details about this.

People are interested in the actual house build, and I'm sure it will get really boring if we start talking specs
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:31 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Tiawamutu's House Build

People are interested in the actual house build, and I'm sure it will get really boring if we start talking specs
Yes, I'm sure there's another thread about the cost of opticians in Oz

Sorry....

I'll get my coat.....

Buzzy
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Yes, I'm sure there's another thread about the cost of opticians in Oz

Sorry....

I'll get my coat.....

Buzzy
No point! There's no walls, doors or windows yet....just walk off the slab
Old Apr 7th 2007, 8:22 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

No you're not right about the wires. Upgrades as in controlled lighting and security.

This thread's about my house build. You obviously know something about electricals (being an electrician ) so I don't think there's any need to go into great details about this.

Hmmm an electrician asking about prices and your reasons for installing - sounds to me like someone trying to sus out the competition!

Adele x
Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:38 am
youngy73

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Hmmm an electrician asking about prices and your reasons for installing - sounds to me like someone trying to sus out the competition!

Adele x
not really.i actually genuinely interested as to what smart wiring was as ive never heard of it before. the website didnt really provide me with that much info. i had made an assumption that it was like cbus but it seems not to be the case. as with anything like this there are still wires. the wireless stuff is a comprimise in many cases. i was also reading this thread with interest as australia is a vast place and homes are constructed in many different ways depending on location.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it wont be long before you'll be joining us in Somerly!

Albeit that we are only renting at the moment, but it is a very good location!
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by wafc
Sounds like it wont be long before you'll be joining us in Somerly!

Albeit that we are only renting at the moment, but it is a very good location!
Yeh, we move into our rental there on Wednesday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.