Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

things u miss most about home

things u miss most about home

Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point

Geesh, I hit the sack and wake up to all this. Hell everyone, we're all in the same boat and yes, 90% (or more) of all Brits will slag off peak hour Tubes and motorway jams so chill out. It's the same everywhere - my tube pic came off the tube website and no, there wasn't a public outcry because of it, it's reality (along with congested motorways!!!)

We're all very aware that Aus has equal/other problems which will replace the problems we have here and we're still going.

Originally posted by kala
What are you on about????? It was a tube station and a motorway, how is that slaggin the UK off?? am I not getting something? it is merely slaggin off the the shite means we have to take to get to work.

show me any picture of the trams in Melbourne and having to pay tolls to get anywhere in Melbourne I aint gonna get all upset about it and say you are slaging Australia off I'm gonna have a little chuckle to my self and feel a bit sorry for any poor bugger that has to go through that to get to work.

Come on people where have the sense of Humours gone.

Kala

:scared:
Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:59 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gordys
Geesh, I hit the sack and wake up to all this. Hell everyone, we're all in the same boat and yes, 90% (or more) of all Brits will slag off peak hour Tubes and motorway jams so chill out. It's the same everywhere - my tube pic came off the tube website and no, there wasn't a public outcry because of it, it's reality (along with congested motorways!!!)

We're all very aware that Aus has equal/other problems which will replace the problems we have here and we're still going.

thanx mate, thats what i was trying to say, but u talk pish better than me
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bordy
Thanks for that Soapy, I will of course re imburse you for DVDs & postage.
hi bordy, the discs were hand delivered tonight. ive got a prob with the burning though. windows wont read the discs for some reason, if u can think of a way round it, ill get a copy to you.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 6:24 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by soapy
hi bordy, the discs were hand delivered tonight. ive got a prob with the burning though. windows wont read the discs for some reason, if u can think of a way round it, ill get a copy to you.

Haven't a clue soapy, maybe someone on here might help.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:23 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by Bordy
Haven't a clue soapy, maybe someone on here might help.
good idea.
right peeps i got a copy of a dvd sent over, the problem is the pc crashes when i try to copy it. error msg saying. windows cant read disc. any ideas please?
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:48 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

good idea.
right peeps i got a copy of a dvd sent over, the problem is the pc crashes when i try to copy it. error msg saying. windows cant read disc. any ideas please?
Maybe your DVD has set itself to the Oz region and the disk is UK region. There are some utilities out there to reset your DVDs region. Put region free DVD <your model DVD> in google.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 10:51 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by bondipom
Maybe your DVD has set itself to the Oz region and the disk is UK region. There are some utilities out there to reset your DVDs region. Put region free DVD <your model DVD> in google.
thanx pal, ill go work on it now
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by gordys

I think this thread has got completely out of proportion. I can relate to most of the pics of England and felt negatively about those aspects as well when we lived there.

Aus has got problems, but I can honestly say none of those pictures you have posted are anything like it is around here.Maybe the cities are more similar to the pics, so that is why we did not move to another city! If you want to get away from congestion etc head out of the cities. There is hardly any traffic/ graffiti./ litter etc around here and we just laugh when people complain. Also rain - what's that??
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Also meant to add if you come from a nice rural part of England you could not really cite those reasons for leaving anyway. For example I would feel a lot differently around here if I had left Somerset rather than London. Things might not look so attractive to me!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:25 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by tinaj
Also meant to add if you come from a nice rural part of England you could not really cite those reasons for leaving anyway. For example I would feel a lot differently around here if I had left Somerset rather than London. Things might not look so attractive to me!
your missint the point, it was just a laugh
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know it was meant as a laugh! I found it funny, just giving reasons as to why people might agree/ disagree.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by tinaj
I know it was meant as a laugh! I found it funny, just giving reasons as to why people might agree/ disagree.
oh right. oops sorry
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

bmxboon is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking i will/wont miss this place

when i go i know i will miss scotland but as ive spent about half my life here i feel its time for a change and i cant wait to start exploring oz! scotland has some of the best (and worse ) views in the world (my opinion) but to me its a case of" been there, done that and bought the t-shirt". i'll be sad to leave but can't wait to buy more t-shirts
Attached Thumbnails things u miss most about home-ben-nevis.jpg  
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:15 am
Master of verbal pish©

Look lets just set the record straight. This thread was started to keep posters busy while waiting for an answer to serious questions they had asked.
The idea of adding photos was to help visualise the things you wont miss.
Here’s my slant, I was born and bread in Glasgow. I had a great upbringing, in a huge family. I loved being brought up there, but it changed and got really bad. So I moved my kids out for their sake, to a place called East Kilbride. It was a great move, we moved in and the kids moved out lol. But the weather was still getting us down. The kids spent most of the year in their rooms because it was too cold and wet to go out. It doesn’t just rain in and around Glasgow it rains horizontally. It can be like razor blades hitting your face.
Going outside was becoming a joke, for most of the year people walk about with their heads down, It’s gloomy, cold, wet and you don’t want to lift your head in case some nutter catches your eye. We wanted more for our kids. Australia might not be the answer. But we have family and friends here who have made the move a few years ago and life is so much better for them. After listening to them we thought we would give it a go. To be honest what have we got to loose that we can’t get back?
Sorry to be so serious, but I thought people were taking me the wrong way.
I initially used the forum to help me find out more about Australia and still do. I try my best to answer any serious questions that I know the answer to. While I’m doing that I like to have a laugh and a joke with other posters. Oh and by the way any nast answers to this post will just be ignored lmao
Old Jul 7th 2004, 12:21 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Look lets just set the record straight. This thread was started to keep posters busy while waiting for an answer to serious questions they had asked.
The idea of adding photos was to help visualise the things you wont miss.
Here’s my slant, I was born and bread in Glasgow. I had a great upbringing, in a huge family. I loved being brought up there, but it changed and got really bad. So I moved my kids out for their sake, to a place called East Kilbride. It was a great move, we moved in and the kids moved out lol. But the weather was still getting us down. The kids spent most of the year in their rooms because it was too cold and wet to go out. It doesn’t just rain in and around Glasgow it rains horizontally. It can be like razor blades hitting your face.
Going outside was becoming a joke, for most of the year people walk about with their heads down, It’s gloomy, cold, wet and you don’t want to lift your head in case some nutter catches your eye. We wanted more for our kids. Australia might not be the answer. But we have family and friends here who have made the move a few years ago and life is so much better for them. After listening to them we thought we would give it a go. To be honest what have we got to loose that we can’t get back?
Sorry to be so serious, but I thought people were taking me the wrong way.
I initially used the forum to help me find out more about Australia and still do. I try my best to answer any serious questions that I know the answer to. While I’m doing that I like to have a laugh and a joke with other posters. Oh and by the way any nast answers to this post will just be ignored lmao
I agree, we all have our own reasons for goin to wherever we are goin to.

I wish everyone all the luck in the world and hope they find what they are looking for in life.

Night night all
Kala

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.