Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

things u miss most about home

things u miss most about home

Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Double Standards?

Originally posted by lucyb
I really dont want to start a web war, but double standards? This is a forum for people who have had enough of the UK, and this posting was VERY tongue in cheek...a bit of light hearted banter after all the petty arguing that has been going on for the last few days since some of our newer members appeared.

When did this forum become the place to post for people who have had enough of the UK, thought it was for people to discuss living in Australia which I DO. And with respect to Australia and the UK I shall say it again, neither is a shit hole.

Any number of equally shitty pictures of Australia could also be dragged up but, and you know as well as I do if anone posted them there would be outrage as it would be seen to be slating Australia, in fact you would probably be the first to scream.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:02 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Double Standards?

This is a forum for people who have had enough of the UK,
Really?
I thought it was for people discussing lifestyle and culture in Australia (and yes, they should be British, so I shouldn't be on here! )

and this posting was VERY tongue in cheek...a bit of light hearted banter after all the petty arguing that has been going on for the last few days since some of our newer members appeared.
Don't know what newer has to do with it!

So, who started these petty argument threads? :
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=240315
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=239987

Then there's these + a view others.... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=239926
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=239941
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=239991

All in all, more than kong ever posted.....
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:04 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

probably...Im trying to stay positive about Oz and get upset when people are negative about it!!!
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:04 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Picture corrected....
Attached Thumbnails things u miss most about home-tube.jpg  
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:08 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Seems some people have had a MAJOR sense of humour failure. Jeez.
No Lucy come on now I really was in the wrong for slaggin the M25 off I mean think of the good point, it gets you from A to B oops no sorry it gets you from A to A.

you can make great friends with the person in the car next to you as you are likely to spend at least an hour each morning sitting a few feet away from them

The views of the transit van infront are great and as for the guy/gal in the car up your butt, well you can almost see what they had for breakfast.

Seriously guys this thread was a bit of light hearted fun, People taking the pee, having a laugh. I know emmigrating is a tough business but we really dont need to loose all sanity over it.

Kala
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:11 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kala
Seriously guys this thread was a bit of light hearted fun, People taking the pee, having a laugh. Kala
Yep, and threads go off topic all the time on here!
Or partly off topic!

On it's own, this thread is, of course, funny.
In combination with the slagging off of people posting about actual Ozzie lifestyle(or generalising about it ), it's a whole new situation
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:21 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Simone
Yep, and threads go off topic all the time on here!
Or partly off topic!

In combination with the slagging off of people posting about actual Ozzie lifestyle(or generalising about it ), it's a whole new situation
I think that has hit the nail on the head Simone the generalizing is what has got peoples backs up, In generalizing people have been shoved under 1 heading and when that heading has been slagged off people have taken it personally.

All countries have problems and I'm sure no-one on here is under the illusion that Australia or anywhere for that matter has zero crime rate, everyone goes surfing all day and doesn't have to go to work (nice dream though). But to be told that you are stupid because you are moving to another country is not the best way to go about getting what could be a very valid point accrss to the many people who are trying to learn as much s poss about there new home/home to be.

I'm goin off on one again but I've had a few drinks so please excuse me. I realy think that Kong could have some very valid information regarding Australia and I for 1 wish that he would share that info to us but in a less derogatory way.

Kala
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone

Exactly, The point was what would have been the reaction if the same thread had been put up by people living in Australia of all the shi* that goes on here! My point is not one person in the UK would find it funny they would whinge like hell about it.

Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:43 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by jad n rich
Exactly, The point was what would have been the reaction if the same thread had been put up by people living in Australia of all the shi* that goes on here! My point is not one person in the UK would find it funny they would whinge like hell about it.

What are you on about????? It was a tube station and a motorway, how is that slaggin the UK off?? am I not getting something? it is merely slaggin off the the shite means we have to take to get to work.

show me any picture of the trams in Melbourne and having to pay tolls to get anywhere in Melbourne I aint gonna get all upset about it and say you are slaging Australia off I'm gonna have a little chuckle to my self and feel a bit sorry for any poor bugger that has to go through that to get to work.

Come on people where have the sense of Humours gone.

Kala

:scared:
Old Jul 5th 2004, 10:58 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Not to piss on anyones parade but for everyone of those bad pictures there is an equivalent in Oz. There is bad weather here, the traffic jams are horrendous on the freeways, there is an abundence of shit looking buildings.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:31 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kala
Come on people where have the sense of Humours gone.
Kala
:scared:
You rang m'lady ?
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:43 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by Bix
You rang m'lady ?
ha ha a sense of humour has been found and a bloody helpfull one at that.

I've got an avatar thanks to you and your little lesson in the other thread

Cheers
Kala
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

PopeyeDoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Personally I really miss these people.....

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/month.html
Old Jul 5th 2004, 11:57 pm
kong

I miss beautiful australia, unpolluted heaven for us chavscum brits....
Attached Thumbnails things u miss most about home-mt%2520isa.jpg  

Old Jul 6th 2004, 12:12 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by kong
I miss beautiful australia, unpolluted heaven for us chavscum brits....
Looks a bit like the industrial estate down the road to me in sunny Sussex places like this are everywhere.

Yep I agree it is a down side to Australia but we have the same down side here.

And for the record I happen to think that all the original photo's on this thread show parts of Britian that I will miss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.