Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things to do on the Gold Coast with visitor who is blind?

Things to do on the Gold Coast with visitor who is blind?

Old Jan 18th 2012, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all
Default Things to do on the Gold Coast with visitor who is blind?

Hi,
My parents have some friends coming over to visit them here on the Gold Coast who are blind ...
Can anyone suggest some things to do that they may appreciate?
I know much of their enjoyment will have to be from a running commentary of what my parents can see but i just wondered if anyone could help?
I think they are aged approx in their 40's
Thanks Sunbound
Old Jan 18th 2012, 7:44 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to do on the Gold Coast with visitor who is blind?

What about tactile stuff like cuddling a koala or swimming with dolphins? I reckon Dreamworld would be interesting if you couldn't see the big drop only feel it!

When are they arriving? Some good concerts coming up in Brisbane.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 8:21 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Hi,
My parents have some friends coming over to visit them here on the Gold Coast who are blind ...
I know much of their enjoyment will have to be from a running commentary of what my parents can see but i just wondered if anyone could help?
Thanks Sunbound

Maybe contact the Gold Coast office of Vision Australia and see if they have any suggestions?

http://www.visionaustralia.org/info.aspx?page=1914
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Currumbin Wildlife park and take the behind the scenes tour. You can get up close to lots of animals and have expert commentary.

http://www.cws.org.au/getcloser/tickets_and_bookings/
Old Jan 19th 2012, 10:00 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunbound
Hi,
Thanks Sunbound
when are they coming over ? Hopefully in the warmer months i.e. now. I'd take them to all the usual spots. The beach and cavill mall at surfers, the spit, beach at burleigh heads... maybe climb the currumbin rock on the windy day... into the rainforest at mt tamborine or oreillys.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to allSunbound is a name known to all

Thanks guys , very helpful ..
All fabulous ideas , i'm going to look into them all ..
Thanks again,
Sunbound x
Old Jan 20th 2012, 10:26 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I took my friends Brother on all the two or more person rides at Wet and Wild, he loved it!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 10:46 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
I took my friends Brother on all the two or more person rides at Wet and Wild, he loved it!
bet his guide dog shat himself though