Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"There's a rat in my kitchen what am I gonna do"?

"There's a rat in my kitchen what am I gonna do"?

Old May 29th 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Red face "There's a rat in my kitchen what am I gonna do"?

Well, not exactly, but I thought the song reference was quite amusing lol!

Tonight as I was putting my 7 year old to bed I heard a weird noise and thought someone was trying to break in. Hubby has popped out for a while and forgotten his mobile, so I freaked a bit. There was a weird noise coming from the toy shelves and I could hear the lego moving and then I spotted a little mouse. Sid the cat was waiting outside the door so I let him in and moved our daughter to our bed. 5 minutes later I was still dithering as to whether I'd done the right thing (hubby not there to ask grrr....) and I couldn't think of a way to hygenically catch it. Anyway as I went into the room, Sid finished munching on something and dashed out. He's looking a bit shifty so I think he's eaten it.
Anyway you'll probably think I'm totally inhumane but I couldn't have a mouse running around my daughter's room. Hubby the animal lover probably won't be too impressed when he gets in but I think bringing our cat over was a smart idea.
I sure hope we don't have any more and i'm not looking forward to cleaning all that lego and what-not in the morning!
atb
Larissa
PS I'm sure it wasn't a rat... too small. Incidentally I was chatting to a pommie woman who mentioned she'd been to a home open nearby and there was a dead rat in the kitchen! Ick!
Old May 29th 2005, 12:59 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "There's a rat in my kitchen what am I gonna do"?

Originally Posted by Larissa
Anyway you'll probably think I'm totally inhumane but I couldn't have a mouse running around my daughter's room.
Inhumane nothing. You let nature take it's course. I would have done the same (except I hate cats anyway ).
Old May 29th 2005, 1:08 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

You get my vote Larissa, as for the lego, chuck it in a pillowcase and in the washing machine (cool wash of course )

Lynn
Old May 30th 2005, 7:26 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

20 minutes per pound plus twenty minutes, unless you prefer yours well done.
Old May 30th 2005, 4:25 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Larissa
Well, not exactly, but I thought the song reference was quite amusing lol!

Tonight as I was putting my 7 year old to bed I heard a weird noise and thought someone was trying to break in. Hubby has popped out for a while and forgotten his mobile, so I freaked a bit. There was a weird noise coming from the toy shelves and I could hear the lego moving and then I spotted a little mouse. Sid the cat was waiting outside the door so I let him in and moved our daughter to our bed. 5 minutes later I was still dithering as to whether I'd done the right thing (hubby not there to ask grrr....) and I couldn't think of a way to hygenically catch it. Anyway as I went into the room, Sid finished munching on something and dashed out. He's looking a bit shifty so I think he's eaten it.
Anyway you'll probably think I'm totally inhumane but I couldn't have a mouse running around my daughter's room. Hubby the animal lover probably won't be too impressed when he gets in but I think bringing our cat over was a smart idea.
I sure hope we don't have any more and i'm not looking forward to cleaning all that lego and what-not in the morning!
atb
Larissa
PS I'm sure it wasn't a rat... too small. Incidentally I was chatting to a pommie woman who mentioned she'd been to a home open nearby and there was a dead rat in the kitchen! Ick!

Theres been an out break in Alebert Square too
Old May 31st 2005, 3:50 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Surely it would have eaten the roaches wouldn't it Larissa!
My wife arrived back from the school run with a stray dog this morning, so I've spent the morning ringing round the dog pounds!