Teaching In Oz

Old May 6th 2015, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

98_Richmond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teaching In Oz

Hello everybody, I am currently a qualified teacher of secondary school languages in Britain considering moving to Oz. What I would like to know is how "easy" would the emigration process be. I presume this is on the skilled occupations list?
Also, what would my job prospects be arriving in Australia.
Thank You
Old May 6th 2015, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice
Default Re: Teaching In Oz

I returned back home after one year and 60+ applications due to not being able to get a job, not even part-time or fixed short term jobs.
Old May 6th 2015, 11:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 98_Richmond
Hello everybody, I am currently a qualified teacher of secondary school languages in Britain considering moving to Oz. What I would like to know is how "easy" would the emigration process be. I presume this is on the skilled occupations list?
Thank You
So you've given up on Canada, New Zealand and USA?
Old May 7th 2015, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 98_Richmond
Thank You
Why not go and check rather than just presume?
Old May 7th 2015, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Geezer123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends what and where.

You wanna work in the middle of nowhere, and teach Maths and Science there will be plenty of opportunities.

Wanna work in the City and teach practically anything else then forget about it.
Old May 9th 2015, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

gordondownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a maths teacher and teach in Adelaide. Cannot give advice in visa as we came over on hubbies trade. Just wanted to comment on languages. No consistency on what school offer as such. Some do italian such as mclaren vale where a large number of italians settled. some do japanese and indonesia. I work at a lutheran school and they all offer german. So coming from the uk that would be a logical place to first look. It is possible to get jobs we had an English language teacher. My school does French as well for IB as ab nitio and we have a French teacher who teaches that.
Old May 11th 2015, 6:58 am
Just Joined

Hgreenwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey

Apying for a visa is relatively straight forward there is a lot to read and lots of links. I applied for and got a 189 permanent residency visa it took 11months from start to finish. Registering To teach in Australia is a very repetitive and time consuming process...none of which you can start until you have a residential address in Australia. I have been here 5 months and have repeatedly submitted the same documentation to various organizations in order to be able to teach...I am still waiting for confirmation. Having savings is essential, I have had to fund myself without a job since I got here. I have applied for other jobs to tide me over but have had no success what so ever.
The process is very long and it's not very straight forward-it is nothing like teaching or applying for a job in England. (Queensland)
Old May 11th 2015, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice

Registering To teach in Australia is a very repetitive and time consuming process...none of which you can start until you have a residential address in Australia.

That's not true - at least not for VIC. I needed registration with VIT to get the approval of state sponsorship, so I was registered even long before I received my visa. Been registered since 2010, but just got my visa in 2012 and moved in 2013.
Old May 11th 2015, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Hgreenwell is an unknown quantity at this point

hence why I said QLD and referred to a 189 permanent visa not a sponsored state visa.
Old May 11th 2015, 10:59 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hgreenwell
hence why I said QLD and referred to a 189 permanent visa not a sponsored state visa.
State sponsored visas are permanent. 190 is a state sponsored visa, just like the 189 only with the state giving you 5 points.
Old May 12th 2015, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hgreenwell
I referred to your remark about not being able to start the registration progress before having a residential address. It worked perfectly with an overseas address! I arrived in OZ being fully registered.