Tasmania??

Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tasmania??

Hi Folks

Thought I'd update everyone, I'm booking the shippers today, we hope to exchange contracts on house sale in 2 weeks time or sooner with a veiw to complete end of August, so it looks like we'll be coming over by September.

I have butterflies in my tummy right now, properly pooing myself!!!

Kerry
Old Jul 17th 2007, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Jolly Janner is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm also in MK.

I fly at the end of September leaving the family behind. They will come over to Hobart for the Christmas break, and will come over for good once son finishes school next year.

Assuming my wonderful Tassie friends can help me get a job that is, otherwise I will be back in the UK early 2008 after my funds run out

Also bricking it...
Cheers,
JJ
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:09 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jolly Janner
I'm also in MK.

I fly at the end of September leaving the family behind. They will come over to Hobart for the Christmas break, and will come over for good once son finishes school next year.

Assuming my wonderful Tassie friends can help me get a job that is, otherwise I will be back in the UK early 2008 after my funds run out

Also bricking it...
Cheers,
JJ
Can I join the brickin it theme? Flights are getting booked on Monday hopefully for 27th August! EEEKKK! I still have lots of things to sell.....
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

I'm also in MK.

Also bricking it...
Cheers,
JJ

Hi JJ

Where abouts in MK are you? Do you realise there is an MK thread? There are loads of us in MK off to OZ! Thought we were the only ones going to Tas though. What do you do for a living?

Kerry
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Can I join the brickin it theme? Flights are getting booked on Monday hopefully for 27th August! EEEKKK! I still have lots of things to sell.....
Hi Ozzie Nurse

Oh my god its all happening now aint it?

Please feel free to PM me with your email address or some form of contact maybe we could meet up once we are all there.

Kerry
Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:19 pm
Just Joined

Jolly Janner is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Hi JJ

Where abouts in MK are you? Do you realise there is an MK thread? There are loads of us in MK off to OZ! Thought we were the only ones going to Tas though. What do you do for a living?

Kerry
Hi Kezza,

We are in Wavendon Gate. Where are you? Didn't realise there was an MK thread. So the mass exodus is about to begin.

Why Tas for you?

As for what I do for a living; nothing at the moment apart from children and house duties.

Cheers,
JJ
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi Kezza,

We are in Wavendon Gate. Where are you? Didn't realise there was an MK thread. So the mass exodus is about to begin.

Why Tas for you?

As for what I do for a living; nothing at the moment apart from children and house duties.

Cheers,
JJ
We are in Bradville at the moment. When we've exchanged and completed the house sale we will be heading to Yorkshire to stay with Duncan's parents for a week or two.

We chose Tas cos its nice and quiet and reminded us of England when we were a kids. And being very child friendly. We went for hol last year and fell in love with the place and peeps. And love the fact that they get 4 seasons and guaranteed snow on the mountains, we love the snow. Oh and the clean fresh air and beautifullness of the place.

Kerry
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Kerry

I bet you can't believe its really happening, very close now.
Have you booked flights yet? Where are going to head to, Hobart?
We are still waiting on OH's exam in Sept then (fingers crossed) we can apply for visa in October, bloody skills assessment!!
Good luck with all of your final packing and preparations, let us know how its all going.

Ozzie Nurse

Are you going straight to Tas now or still going via Perth (which I think I read somewhere or I might have got that completely wrong)
What area of nursing are you in? I am a midwife but have heard varying opinions on midwifery in Oz so will be looking for a low risk, small, midwife led unit, although I would prefer to only work part time it will depend on OH's job position as well.
Good luck, have a good flight over, not long now!!

Sammy
Old Jul 17th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Kerry

I bet you can't believe its really happening, very close now.
Have you booked flights yet? Where are going to head to, Hobart?
We are still waiting on OH's exam in Sept then (fingers crossed) we can apply for visa in October, bloody skills assessment!!
Good luck with all of your final packing and preparations, let us know how its all going.

Ozzie Nurse

Are you going straight to Tas now or still going via Perth (which I think I read somewhere or I might have got that completely wrong)
What area of nursing are you in? I am a midwife but have heard varying opinions on midwifery in Oz so will be looking for a low risk, small, midwife led unit, although I would prefer to only work part time it will depend on OH's job position as well.
Good luck, have a good flight over, not long now!!

Sammy
Good luck with exams! Yes I think we will be heading into hobart. I have been checking out a few rentals online and holy crap they are behind the times! It looks as though no one updates their homes with new kitchens and bathrooms, the overall quality of the rentals I think are a bit poor! I guess we should look into buying a property asap!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I think you're right about the rentals, haven't seen any that looked very inspiring apart from the expensive ones of course
We have also said it would be good to buy quickly as prices are going up all the time but its difficult to know where to pick of course. We had a look at some areas when we were there but only really as a drive through. Our dilemma is we don't want to have to change the children's schools once they have sarted so we had better get the right area from the beginning, renting then buying.
Obviously it will all depend on where OH or me gets job, as we don't want a long drive or commute, OH loves to cycle so is hoping to be able to cycle to work every day which will be great as we will only be able to run one car which I then get to use!!
Anyway, after all of that it may still not be Tas (which is where we have set our hearts on) if no job available at the right time at the right salary. So we will have to wait and see.
Anyway, enough rambling from me, let us know what you find.

Sammy
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Yep, I think you're right about the rentals, haven't seen any that looked very inspiring apart from the expensive ones of course
We have also said it would be good to buy quickly as prices are going up all the time but its difficult to know where to pick of course. We had a look at some areas when we were there but only really as a drive through. Our dilemma is we don't want to have to change the children's schools once they have sarted so we had better get the right area from the beginning, renting then buying.
Obviously it will all depend on where OH or me gets job, as we don't want a long drive or commute, OH loves to cycle so is hoping to be able to cycle to work every day which will be great as we will only be able to run one car which I then get to use!!
Anyway, after all of that it may still not be Tas (which is where we have set our hearts on) if no job available at the right time at the right salary. So we will have to wait and see.
Anyway, enough rambling from me, let us know what you find.

Sammy
Thats funny cos my OH likes to cycle too. Although I had to go and pick him up today cos it was pissing down with rain!!

Haven't booked flights yet. will do that when we have definately exchanged and signed on the dotted line!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Now that I am finally living here you are welcome to pick my brain on areas etc.

There is a cycle track that follows the old rail line that goes in from Claremont through Montrose, Glenorchy, and into the city, quite flat and easy cycling.

Steer clear of Bridgewater, GageBrook and Risdon Vale. Cheaper property in reasonable areas are Glenorchy, Moonah, Austins Ferry, New town

Other side of Hobart, Kingston and Blackman's Bay are near nice beaches, more quite areas but bit further out and higher property prices. But everything is pretty close in Hobart, it's very small
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Teabag
Now that I am finally living here you are welcome to pick my brain on areas etc.

There is a cycle track that follows the old rail line that goes in from Claremont through Montrose, Glenorchy, and into the city, quite flat and easy cycling.

Steer clear of Bridgewater, GageBrook and Risdon Vale. Cheaper property in reasonable areas are Glenorchy, Moonah, Austins Ferry, New town

Other side of Hobart, Kingston and Blackman's Bay are near nice beaches, more quite areas but bit further out and higher property prices. But everything is pretty close in Hobart, it's very small
Brilliant I've been looking at places in Glenorchy, Moonah and New Town as they are fairly close to Derwent Park, reason being we think Duncan has a very good chance of getting work there. Not seen Austins Ferry yet will look that one up too. Thanks for that tea bag, its reasuring to know I'm looking in the right places.

Whats the likelihood of getting somewhere that has broadband? And do you know of any decent ISP's to go with?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi folks if this has worked its a book by an American about Tas

You need adobe to download it

Life-In-Tassie.pdf
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:49 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kezzabird
I have been checking out a few rentals online and holy crap they are behind the times! It looks as though no one updates their homes with new kitchens and bathrooms, the overall quality of the rentals I think are a bit poor! I guess we should look into buying a property asap!
a lot of houses for sale aint much better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.