Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:20 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sydney CBD after-work drink meet up

OK, OH, me and the two friends will be there tomorrow. Might not arrive until after 7pm though, due to work commitments and stuff.

My mug shot's in the gallery. How do we recognise everyone else?
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:27 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Oh yes, for those needing to get to Balmain from the city:

1. Go to the bus stops on York Street, next to the QVB.
2. Find Stand B.
3. catch the 441 to Birchgrove or the 442 to Balmain. Both follow the same route.
4. On the bus, you will cross over The Anzac Bridge, and then come into Balmain. As the bust starts to climb the hill, you come to a large cross roads with a couple of pubs on either side.
5. Get off of the bus here. The Exchange is on hte left hand side of the road.

If you miss the stop, then you can stop at the top of Montague Street, and just walk back down. It will only take a couple of minutes.

I've produced one of my now famous helpful maps to help you get there.
www.131500.info also helpful

Geordie George: Swerv-o usually obliges by wearing something that stands out in a crowd
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:29 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels
also helpful

Geordie George: Swerv-o usually obliges by wearing something that stands out in a crowd
yes, I've got a giant chicken suit for tommorrow night!

I'm not sure if I have anything outstanding in the wash, so I will post tomorrow what I'm wearing.

S
Old Nov 8th 2006, 2:35 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

yes, I've got a giant chicken suit for tommorrow night!

I'm not sure if I have anything outstanding in the wash, so I will post tomorrow what I'm wearing.

S

Not sure I'm going to be able to get on t'internet tomorrow. If you see three lost souls in t'pub (only one of whom is Aussie), it's probably us.

I have an essay to write, best crack on.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 5:55 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

We'll both be there at 6.30ish. You'll recognise us as we'll be the ones with the 'newly arrived pom sunburn' LOL

Graham
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:05 am
FPM
Banned

Location: knuckle dragging, cultureless, boring, dingo oblivion
FPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond reputeFPM has a reputation beyond repute

Can you park around there? If you can I can pick up Yoosun from work first and we can drive over. If not, I'll come on me own.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:12 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
Can you park around there? If you can I can pick up Yoosun from work first and we can drive over. If not, I'll come on me own.
Plenty of parking in the side streets.
Old Nov 8th 2006, 6:14 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPM
Don't know the area very well as we've not moved in yet, but there's lots of side streets etc where you will be able to park without too many problems. Might be a couple of minutes walk back to the pub but shouldn't be too bad.

Graham
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:24 am
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by northerner
Don't know the area very well as we've not moved in yet, but there's lots of side streets etc where you will be able to park without too many problems. Might be a couple of minutes walk back to the pub but shouldn't be too bad.

Graham
Oops forgot to do this - I'll be wearing a brown jacket with a white and blue stripey shirt and blue jeans. I have dark, spikey hair, and right now I could really do with standing closer to the razor when I shave.

S
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:29 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
You'll recognise us as we'll be the ones with the 'newly arrived pom sunburn' LOL

Graham
you'll be lucky with this weather!!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

TheJez is an unknown quantity at this point

Oops forgot to do this - I'll be wearing a brown jacket with a white and blue stripey shirt and blue jeans. I have dark, spikey hair, and right now I could really do with standing closer to the razor when I shave.

S
I too could stand closer to the razor. However, on principle I refuse to replace the now-blunt blades as they cost more than the electric razor itself, so I shall wait until a concerned relative or loved one feels compelled to buy them for me. Thanks for organising the meet-up, enjoyed meeting people, and the pub in Balmain had a 'Call of the Wild' Stag Hunt game, which is fantastic if you've had a couple.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:19 pm
now sweet kraut

sour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to allsour kraut is a name known to all

I enjoyed the meet too! It's always good to share a pint with some "fellow brits" . The Exchange was good, especially the balcony and the plush sofas, however, would prefer something closer to Circular Quays next time, just for staggering-home convenience...

Wild Stag hunt - you shot all the cows, didn't you?!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:33 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by sour kraut
I enjoyed the meet too! It's always good to share a pint with some "fellow brits" . The Exchange was good, especially the balcony and the plush sofas, however, would prefer something closer to Circular Quays next time, just for staggering-home convenience...

Wild Stag hunt - you shot all the cows, didn't you?!
Well, thanks to everyone that came last night - I think there were about 25 people at one stage, so a cracking turn out.

Yet again, sorry for all the terrible jokes, but they did seem to make Sour Kraut laugh, so they couldn't have all been bad...

The pub was an excellent choice, so well done to Chels for suggesting that one.

Now, I've had a request that next week we go to a place called Establishment, as they give away free champagne to the girls on a Thursday night, and in line with Sour Kraut's request, is not far from circular quay. In the spirit of sexual equality, I don't think that the boys get any free drinks though. But who wants to drink champagne when you can drink beer?

S
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

katherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nicekatherinious is just really nice

Well, thanks to everyone that came last night - I think there were about 25 people at one stage, so a cracking turn out.

Yet again, sorry for all the terrible jokes, but they did seem to make Sour Kraut laugh, so they couldn't have all been bad...

The pub was an excellent choice, so well done to Chels for suggesting that one.

Now, I've had a request that next week we go to a place called Establishment, as they give away free champagne to the girls on a Thursday night, and in line with Sour Kraut's request, is not far from circular quay. In the spirit of sexual equality, I don't think that the boys get any free drinks though. But who wants to drink champagne when you can drink beer?

S
Sounds like we missed another good night - glad you had fun. Would definitely have been there if I wasn't feeling so ill OH almost made it, but got called home to look after me. Establishment looks cool so hope to be there next week.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 11:27 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Hi all,

Sorry we ran out without saying goodbye to everyone last night. After way too much excitment shooting moose, we jumped in a taxi and sped off. Didn't mean to be rude.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.