Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Steve Irwin has died

Steve Irwin has died

Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default RIP Steve

Been a couple of times to Aussie Zoo, unfortunately never saw Steve there.

What an Aussie icon!

Such a sad loss.

RIP
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:27 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Steve Irwin has died

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We go to a beach south of Margaret River called Hamelin Bay & Stingrays come right up to the edge of the surf, literally in a few inches of water, right next to you. It's an awesome experience. They are beautiful creatures & actually quite friendly. I knew they were dangerous but not that deadly.

The thing is had it been in any other part of the body. it would not of had such a drastic outcome...........anything piercing the heart is going to have serious if not fatal results. On the news it has just been reported he, MAY have pulled the barb out himself before he died.

Just a tragic accident....as the old saying goes, in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Hubby has caught a couple of stingrays while fishing in the surf (where we swim)....and after being hooked for over 15 mins, it still didnt have a go at him when he took the hook out, but then he was aproaching it from underneath.............most people get stung when they stand on them and the flick their tails up in defence.

Rest in Peace Steve, our thoughts and Sympathy to Terri, Bindi and wee Bob.

My 9 year old nephew is coming over in March, and there holiday plans were based around him spending his 10th Birthday at Australia Zoo to see Steve, he is gutted by the loss
Old Sep 4th 2006, 11:32 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

The world has lost a fantastic passionate man, there will never be another one like him , he was unique.

my thoughts and sympathies to his two lovely children and his wife

Rest in Peace Steve.

Attached Thumbnails Steve Irwin has died-sirwin.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
steve.bmp (171.7 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Fiona&malc; Sep 4th 2006 at 11:35 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:25 am
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold

Seemed a top bloke - He'll be missed. A really sad story.

Mind you, he did have a very dangerous job.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Steve personified many of the great things about the Aussie way of life. I was so shocked when I heard the news, and I'm sure he will be sadly missed by many. RIP Steve.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

I said the same to my mom (who loved him ) the wrong place, the wrong time. Goes to show how life is precious. God bless you Steve and family
Old Sep 5th 2006, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

This is the first celebrity death to ever really trouble me.

Why?

Because I have a daughter too. It's the family.

About the only danger I face is re-acquainting myself with power tools or maybe entering a burning building or being near a car explosion. Makes you wonder.

Steve
Old Sep 5th 2006, 5:03 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
This is the first celebrity death to ever really trouble me.

Why?

Because I have a daughter too. It's the family.

About the only danger I face is re-acquainting myself with power tools or maybe entering a burning building or being near a car explosion. Makes you wonder.

Steve

First time Ive seen you use your real name.
Old Sep 5th 2006, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
First time Ive seen you use your real name.
oops!! :scared:

Maybe the fact he's a namesake distracted me!
Old Sep 5th 2006, 5:41 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
oops!! :scared:

Maybe the fact he's a namesake distracted me!
Getting slack
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
Getting slack
I'm shocked. I thought his name was Badge
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I'm shocked. I thought his name was Badge
One of those people who works undercover......he'll be putting up a picture next

Feeling any better?
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

One of those people who works undercover......he'll be putting up a picture next

Feeling any better?
Unfortunately I have only seen a rearview pic of him!

Sense of humour is trying to resurface, but then I remember I'm leaning over a crap keyboard that is sitting on a John Mason packing case and my back aches and I want my lap top back. Really must do some decorating and furnishing
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Unfortunately I have only seen a rearview pic of him!

Sense of humour is trying to resurface, but then I remember I'm leaning over a crap keyboard that is sitting on a John Mason packing case and my back aches and I want my lap top back. Really must do some decorating and furnishing
I've never seen him, and only live a short way away....unless he was at a meet...and hiding
Old Sep 5th 2006, 6:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I've never seen him, and only live a short way away....unless he was at a meet...and hiding
He'll kill me for bringing it up, but somewhere lurking in the mists of time is a photo of him and Dagboy facing away from the camera both wearing nothing more than a pair of speedos (each - obviously)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.