Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Steve Irwin has died

Steve Irwin has died

Old Sep 4th 2006, 4:34 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steve Irwin has died

What a star. What a loss.

Thanks to steve and his wife Australian conservation has come on in leaps and bounds. Forever remember for his mad behaviour and love of life and his family and friends.

crocs rule
Old Sep 4th 2006, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really niceMel n Daz is just really nice

Couldn't believe it this morning when i heard.

Our thoughts are with his wife and children.

RIP Steve

We are all totally gutted.

Mel n Daz and boys
xxx
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:37 pm
Off to Goldy on my own!!!

sreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to allsreeby is a name known to all

Life is going to be so much more mundane without this wonderful person around. People the world over are going to hold his family close to their hearts in this sad and tragic time.
R.I.P Steve you will forever live on
Our love and sympathy to Terri and kids xxxx
CLAIRE STEVE AND JORDAN

Last edited by sreeby; Sep 4th 2006 at 5:40 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:38 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

RIP Crocodile Hunter!!!

Such a shame! A man so young, with so much to live for, with so much zest and energy for life...........

Heart goes out to Terri, Bindi and Baby Bob!!!

It's some consolation that he died being 'Steve Irwin'....

A man not many people would forget in a hurry....
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:40 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Very shocked to hear the news today.

Is just so hard to take in. He was such a kind, caring man

RIP Steve
Old Sep 4th 2006, 5:50 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Err...because their profession is "Man who does dangerous things"?
Actually, all his risks were calculated and every safety aspect covered...ask any so called "dangerous professional"....they make sure that there are so many safety procedures in place, that it minimises the actual risk despite their occupation / hobby being perceived as very dangerous. Steve was a competent professional who died in a freak accident...only a couple of people have ever died from Stingray encounters...it just happened that Steve was unluckily caught in the chest / heart...had he been caught in the leg, arm or pretty much anywhere else, he'd have survived.

The tone of the post sounded sarcastic....I may have read it incorrectly as these posts have no emotion, but please if it was sarcasm, leave it away from this post, it has no place here....this is the place for genuine respect to be paid. We'll miss you Steve, and your lust for life, family and conservation.

RIP Steve.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

lucky enough to visit australia zoo in april , and steve was there . He was my sons hero . He will be sadly missed my heart goes out to Terri , Binidi and Bob . God bless .xx
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:16 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way Stevo, this man had so much passion, enthusiasm, excitement, love, Enjoyment for everything he did.

He opened up the whole worlds perception of snakes and crocs.

We were so looking forward to trying to get to see this LEGEND in the flesh when we get out to Oz next year.

So long Stevo...........god bless.........we loved everything you ever did.

Chase your dreams with vigour and haste cos you just never know what is round the corner, enjoy life to the fullest and try to go with no regrets.

RIP Steve 'crocodile hunter' Irwin
Old Sep 4th 2006, 6:31 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!!!!!!!!cant believe it i am gutted

the whole family are gutted

steve was such a fantastic man,hubby and dad

he was someone that we looked up to

RIP steve

our thoughts are with his lovely wife and kiddies

the worst day ever

you will be sadly missed steve!

to the crocodile hunter

jan xx
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

To me Steve Irwin encapsulated Australia, he was such a proud, passionate, enthusiastic, fantastic individual and his love and compassion for wildlife and his country endeared him to millions of people around the world.

He came across as such a kind and gentle man and I for one will never forget the episode where his dog and long serving companion was dying and he slept with it all night until it passed away in his arms. Its amazing how even though you have never met someone you can feel such loss at their death.

My thoughts go out to his family.

Steve was one in a million and he will be greatly missed.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:59 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Gutted is the only I can describe my feelings. I shared my birthday with him!

I had the pleasure of taking my daughter to Australia Zoo back in December 2003. They were nearly finished building the Crocoseum. The zoo was fantastic. My daughter still talks about Charlie the crocodile.

Steve Irwin was one in a million, a lunatic, but hey what an educator! Watching his show could make you laugh and flinch. It would always make me laugh when he said "He's a bit grumpy". Well let go of it's tail then!!!!

He will be sorely missed.

My thoughts are with his family.

Hope he's having a laugh with his mum. RIP Stevo!

CROC'S RULE!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

pinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wafc
To me Steve Irwin encapsulated Australia, he was such a proud, passionate, enthusiastic, fantastic individual and his love and compassion for wildlife and his country endeared him to millions of people around the world.

He came across as such a kind and gentle man and I for one will never forget the episode where his dog and long serving companion was dying and he slept with it all night until it passed away in his arms. Its amazing how even though you have never met someone you can feel such loss at their death.

My thoughts go out to his family.

Steve was one in a million and he will be greatly missed.
Yes he will be missed . My Grandson Jack who is 5 is sad about, he just love Steve!!!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

It is sad, i bloody cried when suey died so at least he is with his beloved dog now!
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

I have to join in this forum as I just cannot believe that Steve our hero is no longer with us. I feel so emotional about it. What a huge loss for the world of animals. His work in conservation was legendry. Australia has really lost one of its good ones.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:42 pm

bjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura aboutbjbrian has a spectacular aura about

Why is life so horid sometimes.

On a more personal note one more regret, namely that I never made it to Australia zoo (though I probably could have) and I dont think it will be the same now.

Brian.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.