Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sos!! Calling All Femail Expats In Sydney!!!

Sos!! Calling All Femail Expats In Sydney!!!

Old Jun 11th 2005, 6:46 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sos!! Calling All Femail Expats In Sydney!!!

Originally Posted by Pants
I am just going to butt in now and say I am really envious...talking as an western sydney expat now back in east sussex...I reckon you will all have an excellent night out..!! I have a dear mate in the hills area who would love to come out with you all...she is missing the UK heaps and could really do with a girly night out. She does know a few expats from this site but I think she doesn't come on here anymore...do you mind if I nudge her to take a look at this thread??

She's a mad northerner...absolutely lovely...!!!great fun and can take her booze...??pls let me know.....thanks wish I was there for this one..!!!!

P
How can you wish you were here?!?

Hows is back 'home' Pants? all of the homesick/missing it/not knowing it/rosy glasses etc......need a decent email from you and you can send it with your mate to read out on the evening .....it could be fun

Cheers Sand
Old Jun 11th 2005, 7:50 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sandra
How can you wish you were here?!?

Hows is back 'home' Pants? all of the homesick/missing it/not knowing it/rosy glasses etc......need a decent email from you and you can send it with your mate to read out on the evening .....it could be fun

Cheers Sand
Hello
Just for the fact of you all having a girly night..and possibly at Darling Harbour that would have been fun when I was there....still no worries. ekkkk I have got that Aussie saying !!!

I will email my friend this thread..she may be able to get a babysitter and get her gladrags on for the night. As for the decent email.....eerrrrrr...I might just do it...!!

But its good here..it's taken a while to settle but feeling more like home now..!!but I do miss certain aspects of Oz. We have got a place down in East Sussex. Little miss Pants is very happy and my aussie hubby absolutely is in his element.He settled back better than I did....!!weird huh !

Well thanks for that Sand..your'e up early aren't you??
What's the housing market like now in Oz?Still buyers market or is it on the up?

Take care girls and have an excellent night out....mines a Toohey's extra dry !!!
P
Old Jun 11th 2005, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Chalkfarm will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Hi again Claire,
Great to hear that your up for a drink or two, sounds like you need it :scared:
Hi the 24th sounds good to me,my mum is over at the moment but she will be visiting my brother is brisbane that week, so I will not feel guilty about going out and leaving her....
Have you thought of a place to go yet?
I live in the eastern beaches so coming home could be a bit tricky if its late,where is everyone else coming from?
I am lookinig forward to this,it will be good to meet up and have a drink or 3....
Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pants
I am just going to butt in now and say I am really envious...talking as an western sydney expat now back in east sussex...I reckon you will all have an excellent night out..!! I have a dear mate in the hills area who would love to come out with you all...she is missing the UK heaps and could really do with a girly night out. She does know a few expats from this site but I think she doesn't come on here anymore...do you mind if I nudge her to take a look at this thread??

She's a mad northerner...absolutely lovely...!!!great fun and can take her booze...??pls let me know.....thanks wish I was there for this one..!!!!

P
All mad northerners welcome, the more the merrier!!

I am going to have a scout round Darling Harbour this week looking for a decent venue, I take it we will be eating, even if its just bar snacks or a pizza; need something to soak up the alcohol Does anybody have any real aversions to anything in particular?

Once I have found somewhere I'll PM all those interested parties re: time and place, think this is the safest way, after all we are all mere defenceless femails seriously though, we don't want any loons turning up and ruining our fun :scared:

As regards getting home, I shall be getting a cab to the lower north shore area, anybody else heading in that direction is welcome to share.

Louise
Old Jun 13th 2005, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
Hi the 24th sounds good to me,my mum is over at the moment but she will be visiting my brother is brisbane that week, so I will not feel guilty about going out and leaving her....
I live in the eastern beaches so coming home could be a bit tricky if its late,where is everyone else coming from?
I am lookinig forward to this,it will be good to meet up and have a drink or 3....
Anybody else coming from the Eastern Beaches area, wanting a cab buddy?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=WHEEZY]
Originally Posted by soapy

Have mooted the 24th June, 2 weeks today, but if that is a bit soon I am willing to be a little flexible (is my desparation showing? ... oops), just waiting for the others thoughts on dates.
24th is great for me. It's in the diary! If the plan is cargo then we'll have to get someone with good table reserving skills there early - that place goes crazy on Friday nights.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:20 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Claire, if you need a place to crash you're welcome to our air mattress!

As for a bar at Darling Harbour (I was only joking about that by the way!), how 'bout the Docks Hotel or the Watershed? They're on the northern side of the harbour (so opposite side to the CBD and the likes of Cockle Bay Wharf), so might be a bit quieter?

Here's a link to the Darling Harbour website, should people want to have a squizz.

24th is fine for me. Let me know a venue and I'll turn up.

GG

Originally Posted by Chalkfarm
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George

As for a bar at Darling Harbour (I was only joking about that by the way!), how 'bout the Docks Hotel or the Watershed? They're on the northern side of the harbour (so opposite side to the CBD and the likes of Cockle Bay Wharf), so might be a bit quieter?

GG
Other good bars around there are Slip Inn (where Princess Mary met Fred!!), The CoHi bar, James Squires Brewhouse and Pontoon (early gets a bit full on later)
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

smidgemum2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anywhere is good for me. This will be my first Sydney night out to a bar!!!

Looking forward to it already!

Angela
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Here's a link to the Darling Harbour website, should people want to have a squizz.

GG
Thanks for the link GG, after getting kids into bed I shall be perusing at leisure, may even call a few to see who may be willing to reserve tables for us, never know your luck

P.S. I notice you've changed your signature, does this mean you're no longer a lady of leisure?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:08 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

No longer a lady of leisure <sniff>. Start a new job on Monday, so I get the rest of this week to officially sit around being on holiday!! Yay!

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Thanks for the link GG, after getting kids into bed I shall be perusing at leisure, may even call a few to see who may be willing to reserve tables for us, never know your luck

P.S. I notice you've changed your signature, does this mean you're no longer a lady of leisure?
Old Jun 15th 2005, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

smidgemum2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello....just a quick one! I'm still up for next Friday but we are moving tomorrow (10 mins up the road!) and I have just checked with our broadband provider and it takes around 5-8 working days to move our account over to a different number .... ahhhhh! So I may not have access to this site after today. I will get my hubbie to check this site next week to see where you have all decided to go!

Silly me, I thought I could just ring them up and they could change it over just like that....never that easy though, is it?!!!

I'll see you next week!
Cheers,
Angela
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smidgemum2
Hello....just a quick one! I'm still up for next Friday but we are moving tomorrow (10 mins up the road!) and I have just checked with our broadband provider and it takes around 5-8 working days to move our account over to a different number .... ahhhhh! So I may not have access to this site after today. I will get my hubbie to check this site next week to see where you have all decided to go!

Silly me, I thought I could just ring them up and they could change it over just like that....never that easy though, is it?!!!

I'll see you next week!
Cheers,
Angela
Hi Angela

Just sent you a PM

Louise
Old Jun 15th 2005, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

No longer a lady of leisure <sniff>. Start a new job on Monday, so I get the rest of this week to officially sit around being on holiday!! Yay!
Congrats on the new job, and great timing with the girls night out, we'll all be able to celebrate the end of your first week with you
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

OK, here is the roll call for Friday:

TOB: Tracey
Mrs Fastfunker: Sarah
Chalkfarm: Claire
Sandra
Un-Co
Geordie George: Nichola
Jayne+Doug: Jayne
SuzySu: Su
Smidgemum2: Angela
Mrs Soapy?: Pauline

Anybody else fancy coming out on Friday night please let me know and I'll PM you the details. And to all those in two minds, because you're thinking we all know each other etc.... , thats not the case. Some of us know one or two going, some of us don't know anybody. So just come along and have a good time, its going to be like one big female blind date

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.