salary adelaide

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:20 am
Just Joined

evielynn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default salary adelaide

Hello,

As a new comer I would like to say hi to all of you :-)

im working at the moment in Hong Kong (I’m Dutch), and have received a offer to move to Adelaide with my wife and baby girl.

They offered 80K + car + bonus (didn’t define exact bonus amount yet).

Title function is Branch Manager (for Logistics Company, not big branch around 5 people).

I did some searching on the wonderful forum, and I feel this is on the low site….

Can you please give me your opinion based on your ausie experience? Is 80K good, or is it bad and are they trying to lowball me.

Thanks!!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: salary adelaide

Does that include Super?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I have attached the Hay's Salary guide for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HaysSalaryGuide_2010-AU_log.pdf (364.5 KB, 353 views)
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Adelaide has notoriously low salaries - in my field they are at least 30% lower than Brisbane, let alone Sydney/Melbourne.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:17 am
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

For Adelaide it is OK,
As someone has stated Adelaides wages can be lower than other states, and dont be fooled by the cost of living being any lower.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evielynn
Hello,

As a new comer I would like to say hi to all of you :-)

im working at the moment in Hong Kong (I’m Dutch), and have received a offer to move to Adelaide with my wife and baby girl.

They offered 80K + car + bonus (didn’t define exact bonus amount yet).

Title function is Branch Manager (for Logistics Company, not big branch around 5 people).

I did some searching on the wonderful forum, and I feel this is on the low site….

Can you please give me your opinion based on your ausie experience? Is 80K good, or is it bad and are they trying to lowball me.

Thanks!!
As others have said - it will be shite compared to the other capital cities and the Cost of living will be similar.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:29 am
Just Joined

evielynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Wendy.

I dont think this included Super.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by evielynn
Hi Wendy.

I dont think this included Super.
Make sure won't you. Because if it is included your actual salary will be $72,800

My cousins hubby is a Logistics Manager, but I don't know what his pay is. He used to work at Wolf Blass and his bonus was wine - he could help himself to 2 cases a month of whatever he wanted (my kinda job!)