British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   salary adelaide (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/salary-adelaide-686604/)

evielynn Sep 23rd 2010 6:20 am

salary adelaide

Hello,

As a new comer I would like to say hi to all of you :-):thumbsup:

im working at the moment in Hong Kong (I’m Dutch), and have received a offer to move to Adelaide with my wife and baby girl.

They offered 80K + car + bonus (didn’t define exact bonus amount yet).

Title function is Branch Manager (for Logistics Company, not big branch around 5 people).

I did some searching on the wonderful forum, and I feel this is on the low site….

Can you please give me your opinion based on your ausie experience? Is 80K good, or is it bad and are they trying to lowball me.

Thanks!!

Wendy Sep 23rd 2010 6:34 am

Re: salary adelaide

Does that include Super?

Wendy Sep 23rd 2010 6:42 am

1 Attachment(s)
I have attached the Hay's Salary guide for you. :)

James516 Sep 23rd 2010 7:13 am

Adelaide has notoriously low salaries - in my field they are at least 30% lower than Brisbane, let alone Sydney/Melbourne.

milly123 Sep 23rd 2010 7:17 am

For Adelaide it is OK,
As someone has stated Adelaides wages can be lower than other states, and dont be fooled by the cost of living being any lower.

Amazulu Sep 23rd 2010 7:22 am

Originally Posted by evielynn (Post 8869807)
Hello,

As a new comer I would like to say hi to all of you :-):thumbsup:

im working at the moment in Hong Kong (I’m Dutch), and have received a offer to move to Adelaide with my wife and baby girl.

They offered 80K + car + bonus (didn’t define exact bonus amount yet).

Title function is Branch Manager (for Logistics Company, not big branch around 5 people).

I did some searching on the wonderful forum, and I feel this is on the low site….

Can you please give me your opinion based on your ausie experience? Is 80K good, or is it bad and are they trying to lowball me.

Thanks!!

As others have said - it will be shite compared to the other capital cities and the Cost of living will be similar.

evielynn Sep 23rd 2010 7:29 am

Hi Wendy.

I dont think this included Super.

Wendy Sep 23rd 2010 7:50 am

Originally Posted by evielynn (Post 8869930)
Hi Wendy.

I dont think this included Super.

Make sure won't you. Because if it is included your actual salary will be $72,800 ;)

My cousins hubby is a Logistics Manager, but I don't know what his pay is. He used to work at Wolf Blass and his bonus was wine - he could help himself to 2 cases a month of whatever he wanted :D (my kinda job!) :beer: