Reload this Page >

Registration with Diabetes Australia

Registration with Diabetes Australia

Old Apr 23rd 2015, 10:51 am
Just Joined

Cathrina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registration with Diabetes Australia

Hi All,

We live in Sydney and my husband is a diabetic and in medication, we arrived in Sydney couple of months back and when we go to store to purchase the blood glucose test strips they ask for Diabetes Australia registration for discounts, since we do not have that they charge the retail value which is bit high.

can any one provide some help on how to register? and further registering with Diabetes Australia would bring us trouble with the VISA since it is connected with DIBP?

Please help.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registration with Diabetes Australia

You can register quite easily : NDSS - Diabetes Australia

I don't see how it would affect your visa. If you are from a country such as the UK with a reciprocal health agreement then it is fine to register.
Old Apr 23rd 2015, 1:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registration with Diabetes Australia

Originally Posted by Cathrina
Hi All,

We live in Sydney and my husband is a diabetic and in medication, we arrived in Sydney couple of months back and when we go to store to purchase the blood glucose test strips they ask for Diabetes Australia registration for discounts, since we do not have that they charge the retail value which is bit high.

can any one provide some help on how to register? and further registering with Diabetes Australia would bring us trouble with the VISA since it is connected with DIBP?

Please help.
Just register at the link given above.

If you mean VISA as in the credit card, simply pay another way.

If you mean Visa as in the visa you are on, this is a medical issue and has nothing to do with DIBP. If you are on a temp visa applying for PR you will need to declare it then. If you are on PR already, DIBP won't be interested and you don't nede to tell them,