Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Registered Professional Engineer/EA membership/CPEng - in Queensland

Registered Professional Engineer/EA membership/CPEng - in Queensland

Old Dec 29th 2011, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Question Is it wise to apply for EA membership before applying for CPeng?

Hi
I am going to apply for EA CPeng registration. I am not still member of EA but have passed EA assessment (MSA).
I am eligible to apply for EA membership. I was told that obtaining membership will enhance the process of chartered registration.
Could you advice please ?
Regards
REZA
Old Dec 29th 2011, 6:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is it wise to apply for EA membership before applying for CPeng?

Merged with your previous thread
Old Dec 31st 2011, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

Originally Posted by QLDlover
Hi
I am going to apply for EA CPeng registration. I am not still member of EA but have passed EA assessment (MSA).
I am eligible to apply for EA membership. I was told that obtaining membership will enhance the process of chartered registration.
Could you advice please ?
Regards
REZA
any advice on my question ?
Old Dec 31st 2011, 5:45 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

any advice on my question ?
You've started and bumped three threads on much the same subject, which are now merged together. If anyone really knew the answer, beyond what has already been posted, they tell you. In addition to which its the Christmas holidays, which are celebrated by the vast majority of posters and thus the forum is very slow at present.
Maybe you should look for a forum that deals with your subject area? An Engineering forum maybe?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Registered Professional Engineer/EA membership/CPEng - in Queensland

Hi
I am preparing my EPR, is it possible to include my master's degree thesis as a CER unit ?
Regards
Old Jan 4th 2012, 6:13 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registered Professional Engineer/EA membership/CPEng - in Queensland

Hi
I am preparing my EPR, is it possible to include my master's degree thesis as a CER unit ?
Regards
sure go ahead.....
Old Jan 5th 2012, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
sure go ahead.....
Thanks for your reply, I sent an inquiry to EA and got this answer
"
Your email was passed to me to answer as an Assessor.

There is no point in including your Masters Degree thesis. The thesis itself tells us very little. We are interested in HOW you do your work, not in the output. You should describe work done, paying particular attention to your roles, your responsibilities, and how you solved problems. The narrative must also demonstrate how you met the defining activities for each element of competency claimed (you should study and understand the listings and descriptions in Appendix C of the CPEng Handbook)."

I am totally confused now !
Regards
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:30 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply, I sent an inquiry to EA and got this answer
"
Your email was passed to me to answer as an Assessor.

There is no point in including your Masters Degree thesis. The thesis itself tells us very little. We are interested in HOW you do your work, not in the output. You should describe work done, paying particular attention to your roles, your responsibilities, and how you solved problems. The narrative must also demonstrate how you met the defining activities for each element of competency claimed (you should study and understand the listings and descriptions in Appendix C of the CPEng Handbook)."

I am totally confused now !
Regards
Why are you confused? All you need to do is evidence each competency, describing your responsibilities and how you solved problems. Easy
Old Jan 5th 2012, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Why are you confused? All you need to do is evidence each competency, describing your responsibilities and how you solved problems. Easy
But I am not allowed to include my thesis as the assessor says
"There is no point in including your Masters Degree thesis"

I am a site engineer and do not have design exp. how would I satisfy unit C2 which mostly refers to designing activities ?
Regards
Old Jan 5th 2012, 6:01 pm

But I am not allowed to include my thesis as the assessor says
"There is no point in including your Masters Degree thesis"

I am a site engineer and do not have design exp. how would I satisfy unit C2 which mostly refers to designing activities ?
Regards
And therin lies the problem. If you can't evidence it then you can't do it (as far as they are concerned) so you don't fulfil the criteria. Just use your imaginaton and evidence how to do it if you can

One thing you need to know. Aus is a fantastic place to live but it's backward in terms of business thinking. Hardly anyone values the MBA cos they don't understand it, besides there are crappy MBA's people can get via on line training so even good MBA's have no credibility as they think they are all the same. In this case your MBA serves no purpose whatsoever because (as far as they are concerned) it's just a story on how to do something and not that you DO do it. They don't understand so no point banging on about it mate, it's a lost cause.

Just do what is asked and evience the skills like they've asked. Let's face it, sometimes it's best not to argue intelligently - just provide the goods mate
Old Feb 26th 2012, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Question So confused about Cpeng and REPQ

Hi
Good day
I am preparing my documents for registration as a professional civil engineer.
I am applying through EPR application as my qualifications have been achieved in middle east.
My target is to work as a registered engineer in Queensland as I am gonna live in Queensland.
I am so confused about the procedure of applying for registration as I don't know for which application to apply and to where I should lodge my application
Should I apply for Cpeng ( chartered professional engineer ) using Cpeng application form?
Should I apply for REPQ using Queensland's branch of engineers Australia?

I have studied engineers Australia's website, Also I have contacted engineers Australia. Each division says something different

Regards
Old Feb 26th 2012, 4:48 pm
Home and Happy

Default Re: So confused about Cpeng and REPQ

Merged due to deja vu
Old Mar 9th 2012, 8:35 pm
Adventure sorted

Location: Norn Iron ... Brisbane, and now off to Melbourne East
Hoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant futureHoolio1972 has a brilliant future

Yes these registration systems are a pain. I had allot of emails 2 years ago of how and what to do . . but it still seemed overlly complicated.

In the end I gave up trying to do it in the Uk and when I got to OZ Sept10 I didn't need either of them to get a job. I worked in contracting as a consultant and then got a job in project management

Even the actual engineers where I currently work aren't registered. For specific projects we out source designs to be checked by registered engineers.

So anyway - my tuppence worth - it may not be necessary.
Also you employer may pay! I a full member of the AIPM, which my new employer renews each year.

Good luck!
Old Mar 9th 2012, 9:11 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So confused about Cpeng and REPQ

If you apply directly for RPEQ your assessment will be carried out by IEAust (EA) anyway so you might as well apply for CPEng first - that will give you automatic acceptance for RPEQ.

Hi Good day
I am preparing my documents for registration as a professional civil engineer.
I am applying through EPR application as my qualifications have been achieved in middle east.
My target is to work as a registered engineer in Queensland as I am gonna live in Queensland.
I am so confused about the procedure of applying for registration as I don't know for which application to apply and to where I should lodge my application
Should I apply for Cpeng ( chartered professional engineer ) using Cpeng application form?
Should I apply for REPQ using Queensland's branch of engineers Australia?

I have studied engineers Australia's website, Also I have contacted engineers Australia. Each division says something different

Regards
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

laomashu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just back to this thread, forgot to mention, I was successful with Cpeng and RPEQ on Jan 2012.

Happy to answer if any question.

Regards

Henry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.