Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Real Football..... Australian Style..

Real Football..... Australian Style..

Old Mar 20th 2010, 2:01 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Real Football..... Australian Style..

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
And so it starts.... Just cracked my first Cider of the day. People turning up in 25 mins.... BBQ, drinks MVP Melbourne Victory Piss..... Malibu Vodka Pineapple.... On the tram circa 3.30 pm then the pub crawl.

See you around the GWHotel and Colonial hotels 585 lonsdale... circa 4.30 pm to 5.00 pm apparently now. Afterwards the Word Bar...14 Goldie Place...Near Lonsdale st... Free entry for MV Membership holders... 8 dollar Jagerbombs and 6 dollar pints of Carlton draught 5 dollar bubblys.

I'm not sure I would make it to the ground!
Have a great day.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
I'm not sure I would make it to the ground!
Have a great day.

Years of football following back in the UK, taught me that if your half stonkered, it doesnt hurt half as much if you lose.. You still have a good time.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 3:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommy Dan
Nothing wrong with that, IMHO.

Of course, by 21:00 tonight a grand final will eiathe rbe a brilliant idea or a rubbish one.

go MV
Indeed...

And so it starts.... Just cracked my first Cider of the day. People turning up in 25 mins.... BBQ, drinks MVP Melbourne Victory Piss..... Malibu Vodka Pineapple.... On the tram circa 3.30 pm then the pub crawl.

See you around the GWHotel and Colonial hotels 585 lonsdale... circa 4.30 pm to 5.00 pm apparently now. Afterwards the Word Bar...14 Goldie Place...Near Lonsdale st... Free entry for MV Membership holders... 8 dollar Jagerbombs and 6 dollar pints of Carlton draught 5 dollar bubblys.
Ozzie - the way you talk about your game has actually inspired me to join you one of these days, if I may! And I'm not easily impressed with soccer.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 10:01 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Indeed...

Ozzie - the way you talk about your game has actually inspired me to join you one of these days, if I may! And I'm not easily impressed with soccer.
same here
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Indeed...

It wasnt the best yesterday dammit. Although we did have a very good leadup to the game. We took a female neighbour with us, she really enjoyed herself and her response was "very intense" and she definitely wants to come again. Twas far from a classic game, however it was very hard fought in the middle of the pitch.

So yes certainly, would love to have you along. It should be even better next year as the new and compact ground, should make for an even closer feel and interaction with the game. It's the away games that are the most engrossing in all aspects.

Those 3,000 Sydney supporters have just had a day they will relive and remember with real clarity and affection for the rest of their lives. They did their City proud. . Saw a fair few Family groups amongst them and a large percentage of Women.

Got to sort out the new Pub run first.... as we will be coming in from the Richmond side of the City. ... bit of a hike from the closest pub by all accounts. We'll work it out.

I'll be starting a thread about it for sure around August/September when the new Season starts, plus we have 5 memberships so generally a spare ticket.