Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

question for Aussie plumbers

question for Aussie plumbers

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of
Default question for Aussie plumbers

Just learning to braze copper pipes in prep for the tests for gas and plumbing permits, can anyone tell me the brazing rods and flux which are preferred in the trade?Also a quick run down of the process, flame size etc would be helpful, I have been using silicon brass rods and have achieved some joints ok, though compared to what im used to with solder in the uk they look crap, and cutting open appear to not achieve full penetration of the joint, also the pipe is left hideously oxidised and annealed, but without this heat cannot get joint to run. Any advice to save me wasting years trying to find the right way appreciated!