Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Love this one :) Spiders, Snakes & Jellies!!

Love this one :) Spiders, Snakes & Jellies!!

Old Jun 25th 2010, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of
Default Love this one :) Spiders, Snakes & Jellies!!

So whats the deal?

Some sources suggest that death lurks in every garage, that peril awaits in every bundle of leaves, and certain doom looms in the oceans!!

Excellent Love all that, not the dying bit, but fascinated as to how a box jelly can kill you in under 2 minutes.

I am sure it isn`t quite like that but how far do the little blighters come down? Surely Sunny Coast is too cold ( for them) **shudders**

Need a reality check before I stand on a Taipan, fall back into a Funnel Web`s web, and then gracefully slip into the estuary in the middle of wet season...

I think I know the answer but would love to hear some doom and gloom! or any experiences to the contary...

I was watching you tube clips and there be some crazy barstard catching Sea wasps with his bear hands, removing tenticals as it is infact believed that the toxins hold many secrets for saving lives. Oh the irony...
Old Jun 25th 2010, 8:26 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Love this one :) Spiders, Snakes & Jellies!!

It's not that bad really.

This is a run-down of my typical Aussie day.

6.30am: Wake up and go for a swim before work. I get attacked by a box jellyfish and several Great White Sharks.

7.30am: I get in my ute & off to work I go. Oh shit there's a Brown Snake in here! I get bitten several times. Meh.

8.30am: Start work. Oh **** me there's a Red Back Spider . I wake up after I get bitten and continue working.

12.00pm: I go to get lunch and am attacked by a bastard kangaroo on the way.

2:00pm: Home time. On the way home I get bitten by a Taipan. **** those Taipans, man.

10:30pm: Right before bed I'm mauled to death by a Dropbear. **** those buggers.

I am quite immune to these animals now, so I can take this shit daily. That's just how we roll.
Old Jun 25th 2010, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Icarus

6.30am: Wake up and go for a swim before work. I get attacked by a box jellyfish and several Great White Sharks.

7.30am: I get in my ute & off to work I go. Oh shit there's a Brown Snake in here! I get bitten several times. Meh.

8.30am: Start work. Oh **** me there's a Red Back Spider . I wake up after I get bitten and continue working.

2:00pm: Home time. On the way home I get bitten by a Taipan. **** those Taipans, man.

10:30pm: Right before bed I'm mauled to death by a Dropbear. **** those buggers.

I am quite immune to these animals now, so I can take this shit daily. That's just how we roll.

LOL !!!!
Old Jun 25th 2010, 9:29 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

LOL!!

Our friends tried the whole dropbear thing on us in the Blue Mountains. They had us for about 2 seconds as we were still in the 'everything here can kill us' stage of our holiday
Old Jun 27th 2010, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

peggy76 is on a distinguished road

LOL, My other half told me and the kids about the dropbears. I thought he was telling us the truth,until the kids whispered to me later that they thought dad was lying so then i got a bit suss.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

Bob Tonnor will become famous soon enoughBob Tonnor will become famous soon enough

Hi there

Well then, i have been attacked by Jumping Jacks ants, could these ants really be malevolent? I think so and wow do they hurt. Paper wasps, like being having small, sharp nails hammered into your head, painful. Having poison injected into my hands from a small stripy catfish, i weighed up the benefits of having two hands at one point the pain was so bad. Bluebottle jellies, i have had these things wrapped around my neck, stuck to my head and been stung god knows where else, not really that bad but i could think of lots of things i would be rather doing than picking the tentacles off me. No bad snake stories and likewise spiders....yet!

Bob
Old Jun 28th 2010, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Well even yesterday we see our 1st brown snake probably the 6th snake in 20 months, seen loads of huntsman, orb spiders and crocodiles and we live in Cairns.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rocket01
Well even yesterday we see our 1st brown snake probably the 6th snake in 20 months, seen loads of huntsman, orb spiders and crocodiles and we live in Cairns.
forgot to say the kids found it when we went swimming at davis creek yesterday, easily could have stepped on it.Last week my son was fishing at trinity in the evening and a 6 foot croc swam past lol
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Caught a Stone Fish off Hamilton Island last weekend.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Caught a Stone Fish off Hamilton Island last weekend.
Hope you injected the little barstad with nasty toxins?..

See how he likes it....
Old Jun 30th 2010, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Last week a guy at work got bit by a redback during lunchtime...carried on working the afternoon with an ice pack on it no fuss at all, he didnt even squish it, its still in its web outside the office
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

So far we have seen three snakes, 5 scorpions and 1 large shark, we live ina bush block next to a national park and have been here just over three years. Did have a possum trying to absail up my leg while i was in my dressing gown.. that could have been nasty
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:24 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus

Oh come on you cant expect us to believe that???? Do you think we are all stupid? Everyone knows Great Whites like cold water and boxies like warm.......... a tiger shark perhaps?
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:29 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I saw 12 salties, about 20 alligators, an inland taipan, 2 king browns, several red bellied blacks and a Bindi last time I was on the Sunshine Coast.

Back home in the Gong (funnel web country) I have two huntsmen living on my back wall. I've told them they can rent a place cheap in Corrimal but they insist on staying. The noreasters bring in swarms of blue bottles but even though i go in the water most days I havent been stung yet. The thing you do have to watch out for when you're a fair skinned english rose like me is the flaming mozzies. Like pit bulls they are. Damn things!!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chrispy
So far we have seen three snakes, 5 scorpions and 1 large shark, we live ina bush block next to a national park and have been here just over three years. Did have a possum trying to absail up my leg while i was in my dressing gown.. that could have been nasty
We're in the neighbouring suburb of Lesmurdie and we've seen our fair share of snakes, spiders and scorpions but never a shark!! Was this at Wet n Wild