Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Portable email account

Portable email account

Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:13 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Portable email account

Originally Posted by bridiej
thanks worzel.

fsmail is freeserve (or Wanadoo as it is now) and I think I should be able to access it in oz.
Wanadoo is about to be rebranded yet again as Orange I read.

Is that your normal ISP? I ask because NTL told me that as soon as I close their account for broadband internet they will stop me getting my mail via webmail (though plenty of people on here have said they still got it for months afterwards)

I have set up an auto forward on my main account to my gmail account so I will have 6 months history on my gmail account.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:14 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel

Is that your normal ISP? I ask because NTL told me that as soon as I close their account for broadband internet they will stop me getting my mail via webmail (though plenty of people on here have said they still got it for months afterwards)

I have set up an auto forward on my main account to my gmail account so I will have 6 months history on my gmail account.
no, my ISP is BT, my address is a btinternet one so I assume I will lose this, although I have two fsmail ones set up anyway so will probably revert to those when the time comes.

thanks for the info though
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

no, my ISP is BT, my address is a btinternet one so I assume I will lose this, although I have two fsmail ones set up anyway so will probably revert to those when the time comes.

thanks for the info though
Bridie - you can keep your BT Internet email account live for £1.50 a month if you're interested let me know.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by marco121068
Bridie - you can keep your BT Internet email account live for £1.50 a month if you're interested let me know.
oooh, sounds interesting, are you able to email the info please?

somehow i've got to work out how to get all my bookmarks from my BT Yahoo browser into IE so I dont loose them.....
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

oooh, sounds interesting, are you able to email the info please?

somehow i've got to work out how to get all my bookmarks from my BT Yahoo browser into IE so I dont loose them.....
Info on its way. Not sure about the bookmarks. Are they stored on your hard drive or the internet?
Old Aug 1st 2005, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by marco121068
Info on its way. Not sure about the bookmarks. Are they stored on your hard drive or the internet?
This link will tell you all you need to know about importin Yahoo bookmarks:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/br...rowser-04.html

Hope it's useful

Cheers

BD
Old Aug 1st 2005, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
This link will tell you all you need to know about importin Yahoo bookmarks:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/sbc/br...rowser-04.html

Hope it's useful

Cheers

BD
Thanks BD

Marco: they are saved on the internet.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 5:33 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

You should reconsider Yahoo in my honest opinion. However, NOT the UK Yahoo. Instead sign up for your free mail account at Yahoo Australia :

Yahoo Australia and NZ

Why ?
Its Free, 1 GIG of space, anti spam and this is the best thing of all, you can upgrade for the price of being sent 1 item of spam per month so you can use it as a POP3 account from Mail or Outlook as well as the usual webmail stuff.

I've not got 1 bit of spam in 3 months and have a nice yahoo.com.au address.
Yahoo offers different packages in different countries and Oz really lucks out!

Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:17 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by worzel

Ntl closed my email account after a year. Slightly annoying as I left all my Singapore airline air mile details on there. and I cant remember the password.....Duh
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Hi Guys

Yes Yes Yes I have about 40 GMail Invites..... PM me with your email addy if you would like a couple (or however many you need!)

BTW: WELCOME to the madhouse!!!
Hi,
We've been looking around too, and have been interested in gmail, never even thought of asking on the forum. We are due to go to Brissie in Jan 06, but lose our email in Sept coz we are moving in with the parents :scared: . Do you still have any spare invites you could send our way? Ideally we would like two, but would also be grateful for one.

coming your way

Cheers!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:53 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
Hi,
We've been looking around too, and have been interested in gmail, never even thought of asking on the forum. We are due to go to Brissie in Jan 06, but lose our email in Sept coz we are moving in with the parents :scared: . Do you still have any spare invites you could send our way? Ideally we would like two, but would also be grateful for one.

coming your way

Cheers!
pm'd you!
Old Aug 1st 2005, 9:54 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure if having Gmail invites means much but if anyone does need one I have loads left. I've only recently moved across to Gmail from hotmail and Yahoo and think its fab!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Davey is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Not really sure if having Gmail invites means much but if anyone does need one I have loads left. I've only recently moved across to Gmail from hotmail and Yahoo and think its fab!
Can you please send me some info... We are off in Sept and need to get someting sorted out asap.
I was going to go for hotmail until i logged on to BE this morning and would be interested to find info on Gmail.

Thanks..
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 12:18 am
Just Joined

redmini is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: Portable email account

Originally Posted by tygwyn

tygwyn - would really appreciate receiving a Gmail invite (that means one thing sorted out - never mind minor things like a job or place to live!)

Thanks