Perth anyone?

Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

debbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to beholddebbieuk is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Perth anyone?

hi
we are going...hopefully in november.
got job and being sponsored for PR..now just need to find somewhere to live!

accepted offer on house yesterday! this is the second buyer so i am not holding my breath until we exchange.

good luck on your viewing!!!

sending you karma

see you all in WA

debbie
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Deb8181
Hi me and my family are thinking of migrating to Perth.
Just going through the process at the moment with the Vetasses etc.
Been told it will take about 12 months.
Got a holiday booked in August to Florida before we thought about migrating to Australia so thought we would put our house up for sale when we get back around early September and then if we sell early we will have to rent.

Something I wanted to ask is that I am taking my pedigree siamese cats and wondered if you are able to get rented accommondation over there that will accept pets as obviously we will need to rent whilst we get a job and then enquire about a mortgage?

Debbie
Welcome to BE debbie

You will find lots of usefull information on this site

use the search bar at the top of the page

everyone is very friendly here and will soon will be able to answer you question

Unfortunatley i cant, sorry

Any way, enjoy the ride

Doc
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tawkins1
HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!
GOT A VIEWER AT 8!!!!
Wish me luck..... Gotta go & clean my house now
Hey Good Luck
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debbieuk
hi
we are going...hopefully in november.
got job and being sponsored for PR..now just need to find somewhere to live!

accepted offer on house yesterday! this is the second buyer so i am not holding my breath until we exchange.

good luck on your viewing!!!

sending you karma

see you all in WA

debbie
Hi debbieuk

Welcome, and good luck with your house exchange. Sorry I can't help you about your cats, although I'm sure rental properties permitting animals exist.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

pstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the rough

Moved to Perth in 2006 after visiting most of Oz - we did a house swap and within two weeks did a mad thing and bought a house. It was the best thing we ever did. Perth is beautiful and the people are just great.
Yes, you will get homesick but every time you go out you will know you have done the right thing. All good things come to those who wait - the visa process. - just ask where yourself where you want to be in 5 years time and if its not the Uk, then Perth is a great place to be going.

Good luck - doing this on your own is very brave. Get out there and meet lots of people that enrich your life and your never look back.

pstanton
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Looks like I will be heading out anytime between Oct this year to Feb next year - negotiating exit from my current employers!

Validated visa back in 2005, finally looks like I will be off. Perth first then likely I will end up over east as that's where the work is for me but you never know!?
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Hi debbieuk

Welcome, and good luck with your house exchange. Sorry I can't help you about your cats, although I'm sure rental properties permitting animals exist.
Hi DebbieUK - Rentals that allow pets are available in Perth, we have a dog at our rental in Como (just near South Perth). It's actually getting a rental that is quite difficult in WA. We moved here from Brisbane in January and it took us until the end of March to actually get a house. Lucky we had old friends here that were happy to take us our dog and our three kids for two and a half months. Rental properties are scarce and the property managers are milking it for all it's worth.

You can't apply for a rental property without viewing it, then you can only view it when the property manager feels they have enough people interested in it. Then everyone that views the property can put in an application, but, now here's the big "but" you need to provide a weeks rent with the application. If you are successful with the application, they keep the week's rent. This means that if you put in several applications and are successful for each and every one of them, you forfeit the rent on the places you don't take.

The rental market may have settled down a little now hopefully. January is always a bad time to find a rental in Australia because everyone moves in the summer holidays for the start of the school year in January.

We're off to Dubai now, so we're having to break the lease here in Perth. Hopefully we'll have an easier time finding a rental in Dubai.

Apart from the rental nightmares, Perth is a great place to live, much slower than the east coast of Oz. My kids love it here more than anywhere they've lived though.

Hope you have a great move and don't encounter anything too problematic.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

You can't apply for a rental property without viewing it, then you can only view it when the property manager feels they have enough people interested in it. Then everyone that views the property can put in an application, but, now here's the big "but" you need to provide a weeks rent with the application. If you are successful with the application, they keep the week's rent. This means that if you put in several applications and are successful for each and every one of them, you forfeit the rent on the places you don't take.

The rental market may have settled down a little now hopefully. January is always a bad time to find a rental in Australia because everyone moves in the summer holidays for the start of the school year in January.

QUOTE]

Hi Kim

I didn't realise they keep the weeks rent. I would be looking to rent initially in Perth. Originally would have gone in Oz winter, but now now looks like summer, the busiest time! Hope its before Dec. Mind you, if the house sale takes forever it may well be winter
Good luck finding somewhere in Dubai.
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Scotland to Saudi to Scotland to Netherlands to Scotland to Oz!
Fima_Cege will become famous soon enoughFima_Cege will become famous soon enough

Hey All,

Also heading to Perth for hopefully around Feb/Mar09.
Most likely will end up in the hills somewhere.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fima_Cege
Hey All,

Also heading to Perth for hopefully around Feb/Mar09.
Most likely will end up in the hills somewhere.
Same time as me, I will be staying at mu parents place in Mount Nasura initially while I go about sorting a job!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

we are hoping to go around christmas / new year. got visa (finally) and now getting house on market. if its not gone by christmas will look at renting it out. we are looking at the hills area too.

lee, christina and baby eleanor.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

fiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nicefiona1975 is just really nice
Smile Re: Perth anyone?

Hi All!

We are also off to Perth, hopefully by Jan09. Going on a 457 (I'm a nurse) Taking OH and our 2 kids aged 11 and 2. Been looking at Joondalup and Rockhampton areas but not sure yet.

I'm going to work at the Royal Perth Hospital. Good luck to everyone hope your visas come soon!,

Fiona x
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Al reet every one?

Anyone found any good web pages that does renting?

Looking at renting north of Perth, Geraldton etc

Just seeing if any one can point me in the right direction please.

Doc
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by docgp
Al reet every one?

Anyone found any good web pages that does renting?

Looking at renting north of Perth, Geraldton etc

Just seeing if any one can point me in the right direction please.

Doc
You may know them already but here's a couple just in case:

http://reiwa.com/lst/lst-resrent-search.cfm
http://www.realestate.com.au/
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kryptonix
You may know them already but here's a couple just in case:

http://reiwa.com/lst/lst-resrent-search.cfm
http://www.realestate.com.au/
cheer for the link,

i have found the major ones online but was thinking more like local newpapers who advertise private rentals or a smaller company that does rentings etc

no rush like, as the visa is still about 7 years away,

doc

Last edited by docgp; Jul 15th 2008 at 6:00 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.