Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nice areas in Gold coast city..?

Nice areas in Gold coast city..?

Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:52 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice areas in Gold coast city..?

Originally Posted by che2318
7 years.....

That is a fair amount of time. No thoughts about returning?

My other half was upset last night. She is scared about it all and worried. Since she is pregnant and is going to be away from family and friends. I am not sure what I can really do to ease her fears. Not often do opportunities like this come along and although she is pregnant I think it will be good for us.
Never say never but no thoughts at all of ever returning.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:59 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure there is anything you can really do to ease her fears to be honest. It is a huge leap and only the 2 of you will know if it is for you when you get here. I hope it all works out for you.

My other half was upset last night. She is scared about it all and worried. Since she is pregnant and is going to be away from family and friends. I am not sure what I can really do to ease her fears. Not often do opportunities like this come along and although she is pregnant I think it will be good for us.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:57 am
Just Joined

che2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really nice

Originally Posted by chris955
I'm not sure there is anything you can really do to ease her fears to be honest. It is a huge leap and only the 2 of you will know if it is for you when you get here. I hope it all works out for you.
Thankyou.

We have discussed it a few times and I suggested we give it 12 months to see how we feel. still think she will be crying alot for the first couple of weeks.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 8:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou.

We have discussed it a few times and I suggested we give it 12 months to see how we feel. still think she will be crying alot for the first couple of weeks.
It's a very crappy time to move for her. Can you not leave it until six months + after the birth? Hormones are a bastard at the best of times but pregnancy hormones and post natal ones are beyond horrible, especially if she's close to family but is 12,000 miles away and you're out working. Good luck.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

che2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's a very crappy time to move for her. Can you not leave it until six months + after the birth? Hormones are a bastard at the best of times but pregnancy hormones and post natal ones are beyond horrible, especially if she's close to family but is 12,000 miles away and you're out working. Good luck.
I would like to leave till after but I have been doing my visa application since march this year and have just got a reply today saying that I have been granted it. So i'm not sure if the company would hold on another length of time as 6 months from the due date of birth (feb 2012) would make it August next year. 17 months after I signed the contract!!

Any 'mothers clubs' in Oz? Or something of such sort?