Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nice areas in Gold coast city..?

Nice areas in Gold coast city..?

Old Aug 15th 2011, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

che2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really nice
Default Nice areas in Gold coast city..?

Is there anyone here who lives or stays near Gold Coast city?

Just hoping to find out what areas are ok to live in. My new job will be near Pacific pines and I was thinking of finding somewhere near there or Helensvale or Nerang.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:02 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice areas in Gold coast city..?

Depends on your preferred lifestyle. Gold Coast covers the full range from the high-rise apartments of Surfers and Miami to the bushland blocks of Bonogin.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 7:56 am
Just Joined

che2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really niceche2318 is just really nice

um...

I guess somewhere quiet ,not smack bang in the middle of the city.

I'm not a huge hustle and bustle fan, born and raised in Devon!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Gold Coast city doesn't have a conventional city centre. It's a big area of many suburbs all brought together for administrative purposes. There are council offices all over the place; the more major 'centres' are Southport and Robina. Sometimes it's difficult to know where one suburb ends and the next begins - it might just be which side of a road you are on. Other places can be quite distinct and separate. Start from Pac Pines and just work out from there until you find somewhere that appeals.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 10:22 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by che2318
born and raised in Devon!
My commiserations.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 10:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
Depends on your preferred lifestyle. Gold Coast covers the full range from the high-rise apartments of Surfers and Miami to the bushland blocks of Bonogin.
Miami?
Old Aug 16th 2011, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou. Ill see what I can afford in Pacific Pines and Helensvale then work out from there.

Devon is the best part of Britain!.....
Old Aug 16th 2011, 2:20 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Devon is the best part of Britain!.....
Not to a Cornishman.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bix
Not to a Cornishman.

Funny you say that, I have just been down to Truro to do some work today!
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:22 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Funny you say that, I have just been down to Truro to do some work today!
Enjoyed visiting Truro but it's like Claustrophobic Central to my memory now.

I emigrated from St.Austell.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:00 am
Just Joined

I find everywhere quite claustrophobic in Cornwall. Except maybe Bodmin moor!

My nan used to run a pub in Lizkeard. The Great Pot. So im kinda keen on the place, although its a little run down.

Why did you move to Oz?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:26 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Why did you move to Oz?
Asked myself that several times.

We lived a pretty insular life down in Cornwall and I guess the time had come when we were ready to do something different; to move on and expand our horizons so to speak.

Eventually I was head hunted by a company and found that we could get a visa so we went for it. Glad to say there have been no regrets
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

I feel like that. I have been in my town for so long and I felt like I needed a change. Also due to the fact that career progression for me was at a dead end with everything that is going on here. So just applied for a job on the off chance and they said yes and are sponsoring me.

Obviously I may hate it in Australia, but I will never know unless I take the leap.

How long have you been there?
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:36 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

I feel like that. I have been in my town for so long and I felt like I needed a change. Also due to the fact that career progression for me was at a dead end with everything that is going on here. So just applied for a job on the off chance and they said yes and are sponsoring me.

Obviously I may hate it in Australia, but I will never know unless I take the leap.

How long have you been there?
Twas a gamble for us too as we came blind without a reccie.

Emigrated Oct 2004 so coming up for 7 years now.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bix
Twas a gamble for us too as we came blind without a reccie.

Emigrated Oct 2004 so coming up for 7 years now.

7 years.....

That is a fair amount of time. No thoughts about returning?

My other half was upset last night. She is scared about it all and worried. Since she is pregnant and is going to be away from family and friends. I am not sure what I can really do to ease her fears. Not often do opportunities like this come along and although she is pregnant I think it will be good for us.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.