Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mumps - anyone had them as an adult?

Mumps - anyone had them as an adult?

Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:35 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mumps - anyone had them as an adult?

Originally Posted by emma75
i had it as a child and i vividly remember how painful it was and how hard it was to swallow anything so i feel for you...... get well soon.
Me too. It's the one childhood illness I can remember having.

I remember going to see my brothers school play and telling my Mum I didn't feel well. She thought I was just creating a scene to upstage my brother and wasn't very sympathetic
Old Mar 13th 2010, 11:44 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hope you are feeling a little better today Jen! My friend has just returned to work after having mumps. She was off work for around 3 weeks and like you her face was swollen - well wishes Nicky
Thanks Nicky, I'm kinda feeling like a bit of a cop out as I'm not actually 'resting' ooopsies lol
Old Mar 15th 2010, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice

Hi Jen
My complete sympathies. I had mumps at 22 while at Uni.
I remember that it started as the worst ear ache I had ever had and then the next day my face exploded. I think I was quarantined for two weeks and it took about this long for the swelling to subside.
Swallowing was very difficult and much to my surprise I was sick of all the sweet smooth edibles (ice cream, yogurt, jelly, etc) very quickly. Finally discovered creamed spinach and was so grateful for something savoury that was smooth enough to swallow.
Hope you are feeling better soon!!
Lynette