Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving To Adelaide in January

Moving To Adelaide in January

Old Dec 30th 2016, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Adelaide in January

Originally Posted by Aussielover
I'll bring one warm coat in case I need to head back to the UK, and couple of spring/autumn weight ones which might get some wear from in Adelaide.

I think the rest will probably end up in charity shops - someone may as well benefit from them.
I took mosr of my "coats" and I was glad I did...why...well they were excellent quality and quite different from what you could buy in WA at the time (although I did not know that when I was packing them) but really because I "used" them lol yes even in WA, we liked to head "down south" for July just to have some experience of frost etc after a long hot summer and also we use to head over to Canberra in June/July and drive to Perisher Blue for some snow or Thredbo...we love sledging and snow boarding and once again a change from weather in WA. I loved Hahndorf we still have our Steins we bought from there and of course our fridge magnets lol, it was one of the few places I would of chosen to live in South Australia that or Glenelg, we use to stay at the Stamford right on the front....I am sure you will have a fab retirement .
Old Dec 31st 2016, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Aussielover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving To Adelaide in January

I must admit I didn't know about Thredbo or Perisher - just googled them, and they sort of remind me of Aviemore in Scotland... I suppose if we get completely sick of the heat and need a 'British weather' experience we could always go for a weekend break.

We can't wait to see Adelaide now, and explore places like Glenelg and Hahndorf. It's early days, but we'll be interested see how far our house-budget could stretch - fingers crossed for a decent exchange-rate move our way, at least for a week or so sometime early next year!