Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

More snaps....sunshine coast

More snaps....sunshine coast

Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More snaps....sunshine coast

Originally Posted by Angelap
Where is the "hinterland" photo exactly-looks like my kind of place(Im from Yorkshire....and the flatness of Perth is driving me NUTS!!!!)
lovely photos-youve got talent there,girl!
Hinterland starts anywhere from about 10 mins inland from the beach, most of it is absolutely beautiful and so underrated as its always overshadowed by the sunshine coasts beaches. People overlook the other stuff.

Because of the climate its also green almost all year round (go further inland or to climes with dryer summers, or hotter temps and australias bushland is often brown come summer).

Parts of it just 20 mins from beach are as stunning as english country side and just as green. Other bits have pockets of rainforest and waterfalls and more tropical looking. Brilliant views on fine days, and some of its so high up in the rain you can touch the clouds, brilliant really but a lot of people just see the beaches
Old Sep 15th 2006, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
lol .. did debs and co make that much mess!!??

fabulous pics annie ... keep em coming!

sue x
he he thankfully written before debs and co stayed over! They were very good house guests, made beds and everything! Going back to the hinterland, I love it. I came from a rural area in Suffolk, so the hinterland suits me and the kids. Its so beautiful. Waterfalls and tropical areas amazing. That pic was taken on Mapleton Rd towards Nambour. X
Old Sep 17th 2006, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner
Looks fantastic

Graham
Took these yesterday evening. We always try to take the boys walking around noosa national park at least once a week. Circuit's about 5km's so it really tires them out!
Attached Thumbnails More snaps....sunshine coast-alexbay1.jpg   More snaps....sunshine coast-alexbay2.jpg   More snaps....sunshine coast-dolphinpoint.jpg   More snaps....sunshine coast-granitebaynoosa.jpg   More snaps....sunshine coast-winchcove2.jpg  

Old Sep 17th 2006, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by glittababe
Took these yesterday evening. We always try to take the boys walking around noosa national park at least once a week. Circuit's about 5km's so it really tires them out!
and some more
Attached Thumbnails More snaps....sunshine coast-alexbay5.jpg   More snaps....sunshine coast-alexbay7.jpg  
Old Sep 17th 2006, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW you have a fantastic eye for photographs glittababe

BEAUTIFUL cheers

lace xx
Old Sep 17th 2006, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lacey21
WOW you have a fantastic eye for photographs glittababe

BEAUTIFUL cheers

lace xx
Ah TY Lacey! How are you, where are you? Haven't seen you on here for ages unless you've been lurking??
Old Sep 17th 2006, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

no chick, I have been flat out. The house in the UK is still in the process of selling and my other half is losing his hair as we speak. Nothing has gone right since we got here so I didn't want to get on and give the low down so I could get slighted for it. You know what it is like on here sometimes lol

The photos are really nice. More please, they are cheering me up lol

lace xxx
Old Sep 17th 2006, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by egghead4
Hi glittababe, I absolutley love looking at you photos, as they remind me of my travels in oz. we have just started initial TRA, so finger crossed as I have read some terrifying reports on here (how hard, frustrating it is etc) your previous photos were great, (can't remember what thread they were attached to) Please put some more on for me so I can look, dream and plan for our future. where abouts are you living and how long have you been there?
bec+egg
We live at Peregian about 10mins from Noosa, 15 mins from Eumundi. Its gorgeous. Touristy at times but thankfully as we live here we know the days to get out and about and the areas to avoid!!! We about a 40 min drive from the Glasshouse Mountains, 30 mins Mapleton and Montville, 20mins Maroochy. Fab place, kids very settled. Just some recommended things:

Glasshouse Mountains at sunrise - get there early and go to the lookout - as the sun rises the mist swirls below and the skies a weird pink/purple colour. Its truly breath taking.

Noosa at sunset - we take wine and cheese and sit on the boardwalk going up to Noosa NP and watch the sunset. Its great after a busy day at work!

Noosa river - busy most days, most people go when the evening comes as it gets cooler. The sunset's are always good!

Tinbeerwah Lookout - go on a clear day you get panoramic views of Noosa/Sunrise Beach/Peregian Beach through to Cooroy looking north.
Old Sep 17th 2006, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sending you a PM

L x
Old Sep 17th 2006, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

no chick, I have been flat out. The house in the UK is still in the process of selling and my other half is losing his hair as we speak. Nothing has gone right since we got here so I didn't want to get on and give the low down so I could get slighted for it. You know what it is like on here sometimes lol

The photos are really nice. More please, they are cheering me up lol

lace xxx
really? where bouts are you living? Maybe you need a break, you'll have to come up here! I've put negative things on here (well mixture really). I now realise it was the area we were living, this experience second time around has been completely different. Bayside served its purpose while we were there but we couldn't settle. We needed space, hinterland, surf beach etc We found Brisbane very claustrophobic. Coming from a farming community in Suffolk it was unrealistic to expect us to settle somewhere very built up and almost aggressive (thats my intepretation so don't take it personally if you're living there)! We haven't changed our lives in order to 'fit in', we haven't tried to be 'australian' we've just been ourselves, we've made friends both aussie and english, I don't take offence when the girls at work refer to me as the pommie nurse! It hasn't been smooth sailing, normal ups and downs of moving I guess! We didn't leave the uk because we hated it, far from it! We moved because it felt 'right' for us at this time. We do the same things we did in the uk - school, work, family trips out, walking etc I wouldn't even say the climates had anything to do with it cos even on a rainy day we'd just get our wellies on and go for a walk! Just say what you need to, some people may choose to ignore, others will find the info great and use it as a warning. Some may even relate to it themselves! XXXX
Old Sep 17th 2006, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Aww bless ya hun.

I don't hate Perth it si just that all the time we were migrating to Australia we were going to Brisbane. Then an unfortunate set of circumstances made us look at moving to Perth instead. I feel as though I have been cheated somehow out of looking at Brisbane after studying it so long. I have miles more friends up there. My best on cath (cathnpaul) is moving there and I miss her to bits. It is time for some drastic action and if I can move 13,000 miles around the world then I can have a look at Brisbane. I feel we will lose nothing but gain a lot.

I can't wait to see Steveo, Scissors, Cathnpaul, Si, annqldau, woogle, Mrs JFW, karenjc, flowerofscotland and loads of other people that I know I have missed lol. I cannot wait. Here I have Errrrrr lets see, not many people I can relate to.

So the time has come for a change.

I will pop round for a beer and a laugh

hugs Lace xxx
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:24 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Aww bless ya hun.

I don't hate Perth it si just that all the time we were migrating to Australia we were going to Brisbane. Then an unfortunate set of circumstances made us look at moving to Perth instead. I feel as though I have been cheated somehow out of looking at Brisbane after studying it so long. I have miles more friends up there. My best on cath (cathnpaul) is moving there and I miss her to bits. It is time for some drastic action and if I can move 13,000 miles around the world then I can have a look at Brisbane. I feel we will lose nothing but gain a lot.

I can't wait to see Steveo, Scissors, Cathnpaul, Si, annqldau, woogle, Mrs JFW, karenjc, flowerofscotland and loads of other people that I know I have missed lol. I cannot wait. Here I have Errrrrr lets see, not many people I can relate to.

So the time has come for a change.

I will pop round for a beer and a laugh

hugs Lace xxx

Love the photos, keep em coming.

I hope you find what you are after in Brisbane Lacey. All the best to yer hun.

Joex
Old Sep 18th 2006, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cheers Joe so do I. I'll die trying anyway lol

lace xx