Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne/Berwick/Chase Estate....Any POMS present?

Melbourne/Berwick/Chase Estate....Any POMS present?

Old May 22nd 2010, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

Danaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant future
Default Melbourne/Berwick/Chase Estate....Any POMS present?

Hi guys,

Hopefully people seeing this thread are people living on or around the Chase Estate in Berwick.

I have encountered quite a few idiots with bitter thoughts on here but luckily they are the minority and hope that the Chase Estate where I am moving to is full of the good guys.

So come on you Chase'worth Estate gang, do you exist?
Are you normal?
Do you love it there?
Do you like the school?
Do you hate your fellow poms trying to make it there like you?
Do you miss Pot Noodles?
Old May 23rd 2010, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne/Berwick/Chase Estate....Any POMS present?

Originally Posted by Danaamatrix
Hi guys,

Hopefully people seeing this thread are people living on or around the Chase Estate in Berwick.

I have encountered quite a few idiots with bitter thoughts on here but luckily they are the minority and hope that the Chase Estate where I am moving to is full of the good guys.

Are you normal?
Do you love it there?
Do you like the school?
Do you miss Pot Noodles?
Define normal mate...

I'm sure there are a few! (I mean like-minded people!)

You can buy a Pot Noodle equivalent here, can't you?
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

Danaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant futureDanaamatrix has a brilliant future

It is hard to describe normal after the replies I got on my last post. It was about wine and then some idiot expat who is a moderator came on and changed the whole thing to being about visas. I hope to god he don't live there.

Just nice people who aren't the reason I am leaving England!

Young children, friendly, watching the world cup and whose eyes are not too close together!!!
Old May 23rd 2010, 6:59 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

It is hard to describe normal after the replies I got on my last post. It was about wine and then some idiot expat who is a moderator came on and changed the whole thing to being about visas. I hope to god he don't live there.

Young children, friendly, watching the world cup and whose eyes are not too close together!!!
You looking therefore for people who are positive about their move downunder?

People who have found positive things to say about:
The local school
Other migrants also trying to forge a better life for themselves and family

Old May 23rd 2010, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not in the Chase, but we have young tackers, and we're about 10k! away up the hill. PM me if you want to catch any WC games.
Old May 23rd 2010, 7:20 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

Are you normal?
Do you love it there?
Do you like the school?
Do you miss Pot Noodles?

any way i'll have a go at replying, but am not sure wot your after, i know of two young couples living there, and very happy with it
Old May 23rd 2010, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

What I am looking for is information on the area. I have kept my eye on it since last September when I visited and liked what was being built. I was trying to find out people thought of the school, and of the area as such.

World Cup watchers would be great too!!!!
Old May 26th 2010, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

UK-2-OZ will become famous soon enoughUK-2-OZ will become famous soon enough

Although I personally don't live there, we have lots of clients and friends who live on the Chase. They love it there and some have already bought in the same area. Schools, it would depend on if you are looking at Secondary or Primary. Kambrya Secondary has had a lot of bad publicity. If I had children in the area I would probably be looking at St Margarets/Berwick Grammar.
There is a network of poms in the area who go out on a regular basis so I am sure you would have company watching the World Cup.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:32 am
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Danaamatrix

Welcome to the Chase.

Not sure if you could class us as normal?? But we do love our wine and football. Ha Ha

Feel free to contact via PM for any other info.
Lor and Rich.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Laura,

I tried to PM but it rebounded. Can you email me direct on [email protected] or PM on here so I can reply.

Many thanks,

Dan