Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lounge recruitment drive

Lounge recruitment drive

Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:56 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lounge recruitment drive

Originally Posted by syllk
Aye, I agree to a degree...there can be hostility, just in the same way that the Oz forum has experienced recently. Ok, so you had a run in with a certain banned member; that's a completely different story, but you have to admit, your bluff was called, and end of story. The Lounge is the Lounge, just like any other forum on BE or the internet, and I rather like the sense of humour...I really do enjoy the laugh, and with that, I know that we can all post shit and just have a laugh in our lives.

Yeah, agree, the lounge is for nonsense. I just don't understand why people feel the need to be so unpleasant.

My bluff was called about what? I set up a new login so the wifey could have the JTL one. I thought it would be fun to let people guess for a day or two who I was. Instead Brit and Manc got me banned With them both obviously exchanging confidential information like my f'ing IP address

Yeah, the lounge is great fun. Lots of abuse, and people posting your IP address and getting me banned. Oh what fun I had.

The point I want to make is: the Oz forum is a genuinely useful forum. There is lots of info here, and lots of advice which people can take or leave. Lots of useful weblinks, lots of informative people. We post lots of info, and some opinions, as do lots of others. I think it improves people "feel" for what they are coming to, and genuinely helps those coming to Oz. I know of a few families who have actually rented apartments because of my recommendation.

All in all, its a goldmine of information.

The lounge is just stupid twat central. Go there if you've got twitchy fingers and want to write some nonsense. It helps if you are in the US

Just so people know
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:05 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Yep, Defoe's going to get some abuse
great player shame he`s there
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:08 am
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by A dogs life

The lounge is just stupid twat central. Go there if you've got twitchy fingers and want to write some nonsense. It helps if you are in the US

Just so people know
Being new around here I just took a look through some of the current posts in the lounge and it appears to the untrained eye that you are right.

It seems like another board on which I post which has a section called "Bull chit" which sums the lounge up quite well.
Leave your brain by the front door and brush your feet on the way out.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by menace

Sums it up perfectly.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:13 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, agree, the lounge is for nonsense. I just don't understand why people feel the need to be so unpleasant.

My bluff was called about what? I set up a new login so the wifey could have the JTL one. I thought it would be fun to let people guess for a day or two who I was. Instead Brit and Manc got me banned With them both obviously exchanging confidential information like my f'ing IP address

Yeah, the lounge is great fun. Lots of abuse, and people posting your IP address and getting me banned. Oh what fun I had.

The point I want to make is: the Oz forum is a genuinely useful forum. There is lots of info here, and lots of advice which people can take or leave. Lots of useful weblinks, lots of informative people. We post lots of info, and some opinions, as do lots of others. I think it improves people "feel" for what they are coming to, and genuinely helps those coming to Oz. I know of a few families who have actually rented apartments because of my recommendation.

All in all, its a goldmine of information.

Just so people know
LOL! I agree about the Lounge...but isn't that what it's all about? Crazy shite that has no other place else to live? As I said, it makes me laugh!

As for the bluff, I'll just say 'Dirk' and I'll say it gently.

These forums are for everyone, and people will extract from them what they will. I found a lot of knowledge here, and never once took offence to anyone that ridiculed me (and believe me, they did when I first joined ).
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:14 am

syllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond reputesyllk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by menace
Amen!
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:14 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wengerboy
great player shame he`s there
He's one of your lot, and expected to go to either you or Man u, don't think he was too impressed when they came in for him.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:17 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, agree, the lounge is for nonsense. I just don't understand why people feel the need to be so unpleasant...
Totally agree. Bunch of sad ****ers measuring out their lives by their number of post counts and playing "don't let the door hit you..." with anyone stupid enough to stray off campus and post in there.

Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:18 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
He's one of your lot, and expected to go to either you or Man u, don't think he was too impressed when they came in for him.
i personally thought it was a nailed on signing could`nt believe he went there
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:18 am

LOL! I agree about the Lounge...but isn't that what it's all about? Crazy shite that has no other place else to live? As I said, it makes me laugh!

These forums are for everyone, and people will extract from them what they will. I found a lot of knowledge here, and never once took offence to anyone that ridiculed me (and believe me, they did when I first joined ).

Ahh now 'Dirk' could have been good. He was building up nicely...

Again he was a reaction to the missus complaining about what I posted as JTL, so I set him up to say the controversial stuff.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:19 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

but there is ridiculing and then there is being downright nasty and I'm not just talking about the lounge it happens in here too, that I just cant get my head around.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by possoms
but there is ridiculing and then there is being downright nasty and I'm not just talking about the lounge it happens in here too, that I just cant get my head around.

Sometimes its trolls, some times its just people who are bitter and twisted for some reason.

Actually Syllk has got it pretty close for once. At the end of the day this is just a forum, extract what info you can from it, have fun in it, larf at the idiots, and get on with life.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Hutch
Totally agree. Bunch of sad ****ers measuring out their lives by their number of post counts and playing "don't let the door hit you..." with anyone stupid enough to stray off campus and post in there.

Aye, but some of us are able to get away with it at work!

Never been one to diss anyone though.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by possoms
I know, I know...it happens everywhere. That's simply internet life, and we just have to laugh and move on.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:30 am

<snip snip snip>
Actually Syllk has got it pretty close for once.
<snippy snip>
Whaddyamean, for once?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.