Kitchens

Old May 17th 2007, 12:13 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kitchens

[QUOTE=kimi;4261307]
Originally Posted by lewandkate
thanks for all the info
anyone needing a new kitchen after april let me know we be happy to fit at a good price.

Hi

Whereabouts in Perth will you be? Because if you are based say south of the river will you be interested in work in the Northern Subs like Mindarie??
Hi all thought we'd restart this thread as now in perth!
Has anyone heard of Granite Transformation? there based SOR

Kimi do you still want a kitchen fitted? cheeky I know but looking for work
Old May 17th 2007, 12:48 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

While this thread is at the top - can I ask - we have dark blue melamine cupboards and I hate them. I may replace them at some time, but has anyone ever painted them or covered them with something like sticky back plastic? And if so, was it easy to do?
Tracey
Old May 17th 2007, 12:57 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
While this thread is at the top - can I ask - we have dark blue melamine cupboards and I hate them. I may replace them at some time, but has anyone ever painted them or covered them with something like sticky back plastic? And if so, was it easy to do?
Tracey
Can paint over melamine in the UK they do a primer not sure about here.
If not the long way is finely sand the melamine then clean it with white spirit, use a universal undercoat primer, then top coat with a gloss, eggshell or satin finish. Do not use water based paints.

However you could pay me, to make some new doors or just paint them for you?

Or make a brand new cupboard from MDF then you could paint it anyway you like!

Lew
Old May 17th 2007, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for all the info
anyone needing a new kitchen after april let me know we be happy to fit at a good price.

also how long it most companies take to fit your kitchen
Just an idea .. but

you know they are asking for "new ideas"on BE, maybe a tradey site for BE to advertise there wears?
Old May 17th 2007, 1:33 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Can paint over melamine in the UK they do a primer not sure about here.
If not the long way is finely sand the melamine then clean it with white spirit, use a universal undercoat primer, then top coat with a gloss, eggshell or satin finish. Do not use water based paints.

However you could pay me, to make some new doors or just paint them for you?

Or make a brand new cupboard from MDF then you could paint it anyway you like!

Lew
Thanks for that - may give you a call if I get stuck
Old May 17th 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=lewandkate;4792847]
Originally Posted by kimi
Hi all thought we'd restart this thread as now in perth!
Has anyone heard of Granite Transformation? there based SOR

Kimi do you still want a kitchen fitted? cheeky I know but looking for work
Hi Guys,

Sent you a pm - we might be moving - might - but if not yep still interested

We had Granite Transformations out for a quote - they are in Balcatta I believe - quoted us $5563 - $620 of which was for the plumber to take the kitchen sink, and hob out and put them back later that day.

Can you do the granite overlay? If so have a friend that is having that done and got the same sort of quote, can you do better??

Kim
Old May 18th 2007, 12:18 am
Emily, Luke and Libby

just trying to find out if i can get all the bits to do it.
i have the tools its just the materials!

let me know

lew