Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 4th 2005, 8:00 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by Theresa, Ian & Tim
House and business on the market. Hopefully we have sold but until they sign the contract I'm not getting excited.

Regards
Theresa
Our property includes a buisness did you have a lot of viewers?? Bit worried because its a strange property that will only appeal to a handfull of people so odds of selling are even lower
Old May 4th 2005, 8:12 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Add us to the list too. Been on the market a month, had 4 viewers and 2 of those came back for another look. The estate agent says they both may still be interested but as they each have only just listed they won't make an offer until they have sold their own houses.

Our main concern is that the stamp duty rises from 1% to 3% if we sell for more that £250K. I reckon without this step we would get £260K no problems but that will cost the buyer £15K more than if it went for £250K because of the extra duty. We have asked for £275K expecting to drop £10K. We will give it another 4-6 weeks for the dust to settle on the election then drop the asking price to £265K expecting to get only £250K because of the stamp duty threshold.
Old May 4th 2005, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

We've been on the market for about the last 6 months but viewings have improved over the last couple of weeks with numbers increasing & viewers being in a position to move as they've sold theirs. Only had one offer to date but the offerer hadn't sold her place so we couldn't accept.

I've also noticed more sold signs coming up so thats a good sign.
Old May 4th 2005, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough

Perhaps I can help one or two -

Sold up properties in Perth, Oz last year.

Money transferred back to purchase uk investment property in years 2007/8.

I reckon Interest rates over 7% by then, cheap mortgage offers will stop, cheap borrowing stopped and unemployment rising - Property investing completely out of fashion.

Looking at purchasing property that can be rental profitable, that only happens when purchase price is low.

Alternatively, I have property in the Northern suburbs of Perth - if anybody is interested in a "swap" ?

please get in touch with prop description, area and your best sell price.
Old May 4th 2005, 9:20 am
pru
Just Joined

pru is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by And&Mez
Hi Nicky
Ours went on last Tues. Had two viewers last week, but found out they were both friends of next-door neighbours and just being nosey! Rang Estate Agent and told them to send legit viewers, had no-one since. We are hoping to be off in Sept. I read on another thread that buyers are waiting till after the election, hope this is true and we all get the viewers flooding in!!
Why are buyers waiting until after the election? What will be different then? Will the market react differently depending on which party forms the next government? If so which party will be best for house sellers - and why?

This line that buyers are just waiting until after the election is just that - a line. Estate agents, lenders and others who have a vested interest in continuing to talk the market up have used every excuse under the sun in the last few months. This one about the election is really scraping the barrel. And what happens if buyers don't come in after the election. What excuse will they use then? The summer holidays - when traditionally the market slows - is still two months away............
Old May 4th 2005, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by halflinggirl2000
I am just in the process of finding an estate agent to put our house on the market. In so many threads house selling/waiting is mentioned and I was curious just how many of us actually had houses for sale in our bid to get to australia. So as the politicians say sign up and let us find the real figures .

No just interested/nosey in how many of us there are.

Nicky

Can add us to this list - next viewing is tomorrow so have every available finger and toe crossed.

Wishing you luck

Emma
Old May 4th 2005, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Add us as well. Went on the market at Easter. 2 viewers so far (1 a nosy parker, 1 said it was too far from the shops but wanted countryside to walk the dog!!). Typing with sore hands from holding pressure washer for 2 days solid cleaning driveway and patio! Come on buyers, where are you?

I've heard that line about the election too. How can it affect anything as any change anyone could make could only happen after a budget. I think it's just a feeling of uncertainty. I'm hoping exchange rate picks up after election too as that really is based on confidence. It doesn't seem to matter which party gets in .
Old May 4th 2005, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by odaat
Perhaps I can help one or two -

Sold up properties in Perth, Oz last year.

Money transferred back to purchase uk investment property in years 2007/8.

I reckon Interest rates over 7% by then, cheap mortgage offers will stop, cheap borrowing stopped and unemployment rising - Property investing completely out of fashion.

Looking at purchasing property that can be rental profitable, that only happens when purchase price is low.

Alternatively, I have property in the Northern suburbs of Perth - if anybody is interested in a "swap" ?

please get in touch with prop description, area and your best sell price.
I am intrigued Odaat, you are obviously banking on a significant falling market in the UK for 2-3 years. Since you are liquidating your properties in Perth, what do you personally predict happening to the Perth market over the same period?
Old May 4th 2005, 11:08 am
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had our house on the market since Oct and got a buyer in Nov. He had no chain and wanted to move in quickly so went with him. There was another lower offer but they hadn't sold thier property so we took our house off the market (big mistake!). Our original buyer pulled out in Jan for no real reason and now have only had one stupid offer 35k below asking price. We have had quite a few viewers but they seem to be put off by the water treatment plant next door even though it doesn't smell or make a noise! We think they are just being snobs. We love our house because it backs onto a nature reserve and a common and are only leaving because we are emigrating to Oz.

So, no offers at the moment and going off to BKK for 2 years on secondment so may have to leave it empty!
Old May 4th 2005, 11:15 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
I've heard that line about the election too. How can it affect anything as any change anyone could make could only happen after a budget. I think it's just a feeling of uncertainty. I'm hoping exchange rate picks up after election too as that really is based on confidence. It doesn't seem to matter which party gets in .
I am sure a bit of it is a line but there is truth behind it.

If the Tories get in or even the Lib Dems (don't laugh) the first thing they will do is have a budget. As no one knows what they would change no one knows what the effect of that would be. If they were to raise stamp duty thresholds they would stimulate the market. If they announced loosening of restrictions on building on green sites prices would fall as supply could increase. If they under/over stimulate the economy the Bank of England would have to raise or lower interest rates making houses more more / less affordable.

If Labour get back in we all know exactly where we are and things carry on as normal.
Old May 4th 2005, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

gillies is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all.
we have had our house up for about 4 weeks now, had 4 viewings no offers yet. We dont have our visa yet but will move anyway, housing seem to moving slowly so took the chance to put it up before visa. Good luck to everyone in the same position.. gillies
Old May 4th 2005, 2:38 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

UPDATE

for sale = 44
under offer = 6
under offer maybe =2
sold = 1
buying = 1 (message 64)

Nicky
Old May 4th 2005, 2:46 pm
Jem
Just Joined

Jem is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a note to say that if you want to sell your property quickly, my company can help. We buy properties quickly to enable people to move on with the rest of thier lives.

We require a discount of between 10-25% of the Open Market Value. For this you get a quick, no hassle, guarenteed sale & no time wasters.

If this is something that might interest you check out my website for more details:

http://www.jemstar.co.uk

or call me on 0845-226-2133
Old May 4th 2005, 3:02 pm
James Durr

Thumbs up Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Damn someone has got there before me

Last edited by James Durr; May 4th 2005 at 3:05 pm.

Old May 4th 2005, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jem
Just a note to say that if you want to sell your property quickly, my company can help. We buy properties quickly to enable people to move on with the rest of thier lives.

We require a discount of between 10-25% of the Open Market Value. For this you get a quick, no hassle, guarenteed sale & no time wasters.

If this is something that might interest you check out my website for more details:

http://www.jemstar.co.uk

or call me on 0845-226-2133
Sounds great but I need my extra 25% to go with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.