Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Old May 30th 2005, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Well our Dr Thir never turned up to view at 6pm tonight like he should have done.
Im annoyed to say the least as I should have taken the girls out to the canal festival today.
But viewings are more important.... ewhen they show up of courseAaaaarrrggh . It really makes me

Hope you get some good feedback on Tuesday.

Ang
We had a viewer not turn up on Thursday, and yes, its really annoying, cos no matter how tidy you keep the house you still rush round beforehand making sure everything is clean, shiny and perfect.

I'm not so bothered now though. We had a second viewing booked for Saturday. They had a look round, asked loads of questions about the area, neighbours, etc, went off for some lunch in the village pub, called back after an hour and put in a cash offer! We've agreed a price £4k below asking price and they want to move in the first week of July.

We were hoping to move to Perth July anyway and with a lack of viewings we'd lost hope that this would happen. Just goes to show how things can work out. We've just got to hope that everything goes smoothly now and that they don't pull out at the last minute. We won't be booking anything (flights, shippers) until contracts are exchanged, but the buyers seem as keen as us for this to happen asap. Keeping fingers, and everything else crossable, crossed.

BTW we've been on the market 3 months.

Good luck everyone with house sales, don't lose hope, it will happen

Tracy
Old May 30th 2005, 7:07 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracyd
We had a viewer not turn up on Thursday, and yes, its really annoying, cos no matter how tidy you keep the house you still rush round beforehand making sure everything is clean, shiny and perfect.

I'm not so bothered now though. We had a second viewing booked for Saturday. They had a look round, asked loads of questions about the area, neighbours, etc, went off for some lunch in the village pub, called back after an hour and put in a cash offer! We've agreed a price £4k below asking price and they want to move in the first week of July.

We were hoping to move to Perth July anyway and with a lack of viewings we'd lost hope that this would happen. Just goes to show how things can work out. We've just got to hope that everything goes smoothly now and that they don't pull out at the last minute. We won't be booking anything (flights, shippers) until contracts are exchanged, but the buyers seem as keen as us for this to happen asap. Keeping fingers, and everything else crossable, crossed.

BTW we've been on the market 3 months.

Good luck everyone with house sales, don't lose hope, it will happen

Tracy
Thats great news Tracy... hope all goes to plan for you.
Ive got over the viewer not turning up. but it does n't make it right. I will ring the estate agent on Tuesday and ask them if they will find out why.

Our house has been put as a full page advert this week in the Property Guide. This is free and goes out to all newsagents and supermarkets weekly.
Lets hope that there is some response from it.

Good luck Tracy and fingers crossed for a smooth sale.
It is right though I suppose all houses do sell eventually. Its just a matter of waiting.......

Good luck everyone else lets hope we all find buyers soon....

Ang
Old May 30th 2005, 8:32 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Tracy
Great news Tracy congrats
Old May 30th 2005, 8:34 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Well our Dr Thir never turned up to view at 6pm tonight like he should have done.
Im annoyed to say the least as I should have taken the girls out to the canal festival today.
But viewings are more important.... ewhen they show up of courseAaaaarrrggh . It really makes me

Hope you get some good feedback on Tuesday.

Ang
Hi how absolutely bloody ignorant

Chin up it will sell sending you karma
Old May 30th 2005, 10:26 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Have had no viewers at all this bank holiday weekend!! how many others haven't had any? beginning to think we'll never sell this house. It's been around 7 weeks now with no viewers and it's on with 2 agents, haven't had any with one of them! Losing hope now
mandi
Old May 30th 2005, 5:54 pm
blossom

We had one viewer today, they spent around 1 3/4 hours here and asked lots and lots of questions, so fingers crossed. We've another viewing tomorrow afternoon straight afterwork - at least we've got the house presentable again, so a quick flick through before I go to bed tonight and all should be well.

Beginning to think it is never going to happen, but keep holding onto hope!

Blossom

Old May 30th 2005, 7:33 pm
reallywanabeeaussie

dmb357 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Hi all
Having been 'stitched up' by agents before we decided to sell ourselves via the internet.
House went on 4 weeks ago, at our price which was £260000 not the agents!!!
Week one -two viewers, both said they would make offers.
Week two - first viewer came back
Week three -second viewer came back and has offered very close to asking price!!!
we are very very happy!!! but can't find any reasonable flights!!! any ideas?
D
Old May 30th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

sun bums is on a distinguished road

Thought we would throw in our experiences to share.
We got our visas and a offer on our house, (after being on the market since December last year), in the first week of May. Slightly under the asking price but took it.
The 'buyers' pulled out last Saturday afternoon, thats after we got a letter in the morning from the solicitors asking if we would complete at the end of June!
Not a happy house since then, especially since work has now told me that they are tired of waiting for me to get sorted and I have to leave at the end of July at the latest. Thats what 10 years service as a manager does for you!
We have gone from the best week ever to having the worst.
Not confident about the housing market at the moment, there always seems to be an excuse, (xmas, winter, easter, budget, election...etc).
We really now just want to get on with getting to Oz, its just the need to sell the house to go.
Good luck to all.
Old May 31st 2005, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sun bums
We got our visas and a offer on our house, (after being on the market since December last year), in the first week of May. Slightly under the asking price but took it.
The 'buyers' pulled out last Saturday afternoon, thats after we got a letter in the morning from the solicitors asking if we would complete at the end of June!
Not a happy house since then, especially since work has now told me that they are tired of waiting for me to get sorted and I have to leave at the end of July at the latest. Thats what 10 years service as a manager does for you!
Not confident about the housing market at the moment, there always seems to be an excuse, (xmas, winter, easter, budget, election...etc).
We really now just want to get on with getting to Oz, its just the need to sell the house to go.
Good luck to all.
What a week. Hope you get it sold soon.

Tracey
Old May 31st 2005, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the good luck and congrats. We are praying that nothing goes wrong now, after all its not sold until the money's in our bank account. Reading about other peoples experiences with buyers pulling out makes all this seem a bit scary :scared:

Hope you all have some luck with selling real soon.

Tracy
Old May 31st 2005, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dmb357
Hi all
Having been 'stitched up' by agents before we decided to sell ourselves via the internet.
House went on 4 weeks ago, at our price which was £260000 not the agents!!!
Week one -two viewers, both said they would make offers.
Week two - first viewer came back
Week three -second viewer came back and has offered very close to asking price!!!
we are very very happy!!! but can't find any reasonable flights!!! any ideas?
D
Thats great news, congratulations.

We're also looking for a good deal on flights. These places seem to have reasonable prices;
www.airline-network.co.uk
www.etours-online.com
www.skydeals.co.uk
www.expedia.co.uk
travelbag is another that springs to mind.

We are waiting until contracts are exchanged before booking flights as until then anything can happen.

Good luck with the sale, hope it all goes through smoothly

Tracy
Old May 31st 2005, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Just how many of us have house up for sale?

Originally Posted by mandi248
Have had no viewers at all this bank holiday weekend!! how many others haven't had any? beginning to think we'll never sell this house. It's been around 7 weeks now with no viewers and it's on with 2 agents, haven't had any with one of them! Losing hope now
mandi
Hi Mandi
Don't know which is worse.... you with no viewers or us with 12 with them all saying the house is just what they are looking for then not a word from them!
We have been on the market about the same time as you. I'm starting to feel a bit silly now as we have booked our leaving party for 9th July (we were struggling to get any other date as places were really booked up solid) and now it may be a while before we go!!!! We are on with three agents!!!!! (Only 1 board up so not to seem desparate!)
For all you religious people out there I've been told to pray to St. Joseph he's supposed to be the one dealing with house sale miracles.
I think i'm going to have to TRY to forget about it as I have become so consumed with selling & living in a "show home" i'm sure life is passing me by and my family are suffering. Deep down I know it will go eventually but I so desparately want to start my new life it has been a long process for us- 2 yrs and I feel as though i've been in limbo all that time.
Gosh that turned into a big moan didn't it!!! But thanks all, I feel somewhat better for getting that off my chest!
Sending lots of warm wishes to all of you who are feeling like me. And there's some for the others who are not at this point yet!

Karen xxx
Old May 31st 2005, 7:32 am
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Originally Posted by sun bums
Good luck to all.
Sorry to hear the bad news, we are in exactly the same boat the beginning of our chain lost their buyer so the rest of us are in a mess now too. The buyers still want our house but it all depends how long it takes the first house to sell. We have been considering releasing some equity and leaving the house with my Mum & Dad to sell! Scary but we have had enough of limbo land and just want to go now.

Good luck

Michelle
Old May 31st 2005, 8:54 am
reallywanabeeaussie

dmb357 is on a distinguished road

Thats great news, congratulations.

We're also looking for a good deal on flights. These places seem to have reasonable prices;
www.airline-network.co.uk
www.etours-online.com
www.skydeals.co.uk
www.expedia.co.uk
travelbag is another that springs to mind.

We are waiting until contracts are exchanged before booking flights as until then anything can happen.

Good luck with the sale, hope it all goes through smoothly

Tracy
Hi Tracy
Now I'm worried!!! These buyers seem so keen, I guess that means nothing going by your experiences!!!! Hubby is insisting on very quick exchange so that we don't lose them!! I'm geared up for Christmas in Melbourne! and same as you waiting for exchange to book. Things must get better!!
Good Luck fingers crossed for you.
Diana
Old May 31st 2005, 9:29 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Does Andy still want to come home??

Ang & Rich[/QUOTE]

yep... he would come home tomorrow if we wernt commited to the further 6 month lease....

boomie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.