Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

insect noise / cricket noise

insect noise / cricket noise

Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:56 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insect noise / cricket noise

Originally Posted by dave99
is there any type of sonic device that will keep them away.
This device may work, however I'm not sure that you would be able to remain in the house at the same time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Rai..._of_Aled_Jones
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markallwood
This device may work, however I'm not sure that you would be able to remain in the house at the same time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Rai..._of_Aled_Jones
"Like other Jones recordings "O Holy Night" and "Dear Lord and Father of Mankind", the new version is a duet between present-day Jones and his younger self."

How on earth does he manage that!?

Just confirms what I'd always suspected; that Aled is indeed in league with The Dark Lord.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:20 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
"Like other Jones recordings "O Holy Night" and "Dear Lord and Father of Mankind", the new version is a duet between present-day Jones and his younger self."

Just confirms what I'd always suspected; that Aled is indeed in league with The Dark Lord.
ha ha !!!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:26 am
Account Open

Originally Posted by spartacus

Your suspicions would have been verified earlier, if you had taken a vinyl version of "walking in the air" and then played it backwards.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dave99
Does anyone have any good ideas or products for getting rid of the crickets or insects that seem to make a lot of noise at night?

They seem to get into the roof, up drain pipes and sometime randomly run around the house !

I have searched on the net but cannot find anything, is there any type of sonic device that will keep them away. I have a spray but that only helps if you can find the little buggers

All night long they cherp away its driving me nuts ! help !
Aint it funny how one mans heaven is another mans hell. I have suffered with tinitus for years and I find the night time insect noise to be the best natural 'mask' ever!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 5:04 am
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Living somewhere other than Queensland generally helps....

Move to a beach holiday destination and you get all the noisy creepy crawlies that come with beach holiday destinations.
Old Oct 31st 2008, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Cicadas are the noisiest things and if you stamp they stop but there are so many of them in summer its very difficult and you just have to get used to it.