Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

insect noise / cricket noise

insect noise / cricket noise

Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default insect noise / cricket noise

Does anyone have any good ideas or products for getting rid of the crickets or insects that seem to make a lot of noise at night?

They seem to get into the roof, up drain pipes and sometime randomly run around the house !

I have searched on the net but cannot find anything, is there any type of sonic device that will keep them away. I have a spray but that only helps if you can find the little buggers

All night long they cherp away its driving me nuts ! help !
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:06 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: insect noise / cricket noise

Originally Posted by dave99
Does anyone have any good ideas or products for getting rid of the crickets or insects that seem to make a lot of noise at night?

They seem to get into the roof, up drain pipes and sometime randomly run around the house !

I have searched on the net but cannot find anything, is there any type of sonic device that will keep them away. I have a spray but that only helps if you can find the little buggers

That is part of living in the climate you live in

It took me ages to get used to the same noises in the Carribbean but after a while you sort of become immune to them.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Napalm.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spartacus
Napalm.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
earplugs
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

. . . is there any type of sonic device that will keep them away . . .

Sonic device eh?

I've heard good these about these:

http://www.jewsharper.info/images/4.jpg

That'll drive em off!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alternatively, try this:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...ances-2007.jpg

Just back from her recent tour of Guantanamo Bay.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

well I have been here over 2 years now and still not used to the noise, no one got any useful suggestions?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:35 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Perhaps a white noise machine, or maybe counter act the outside noise with a nature cd or fans.

That's all I've got I'm afraid!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

If they are in the house then bug bombs should get rid of them. They apparently last for 3 months, but you can't go in the house for 2 hours after setting them off, so probably not the nicest stuff.

Personally I love it. Reminds me I am not in England every time I hear them.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure it's crickets you're hearing - and not a smoke alarm where the batteries are running down?

Some smoke alarms with low batteries make a cricket-like chirp every few minutes. We were convinced we had a cricket behind the walls the first time we heard it. Drove us demented until we worked out what it was..
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not heard crickets in the house Masses of them outside somewhere but I don't hear them unless I'm listening for them. Just zone them out. Don't kill them, they're harmless, unless you're paranoid about your plants of course. Whereabouts are you?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

well I have been here over 2 years now and still not used to the noise, no one got any useful suggestions?
Don't know where you are but if it's not a constant chirping noise then it could be Asian house geckos. We get quite a few of them that seem to be in a different place every 5 minutes.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

cbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nicecbeeb is just really nice

you also get toads that make a cricket type noise, i love them, apparently if 3 of you get torches and head towards the noise with thee bean towards it you find them, never tried as ilike them
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:13 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Move back to the UK.................mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.