Reload this Page >

Info on moving to Melbourne

Info on moving to Melbourne

Old Aug 25th 2013, 10:01 am
Just Joined

AshleighMcCulloch is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Info on moving to Melbourne

Hi everyone,
My partner Scott(24) and I(22) are hopin to immigrate to Oz and are looking for some info. I have been searcing online for visa options and just don't really know where to start.
I am an Admin Assistant and Scott is a Landscape Gardner.
My brother and his wife and kids live in Oz and my sister and her husband are over there in the process of there visa.
Scott and I lived in Melbourne on a working holiday visa between Oct11 to Oct12 and loved every min of it, we both worked and rented a lovely house, so we are just really wanting to get back over.
Hope someone can give us some info.
Thanks
Ashleigh
Old Aug 25th 2013, 10:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on moving to Melbourne

Originally Posted by AshleighMcCulloch
Hi everyone,
My partner Scott(24) and I(22) are hopin to immigrate to Oz and are looking for some info. I have been searcing online for visa options and just don't really know where to start.
I am an Admin Assistant and Scott is a Landscape Gardner.
My brother and his wife and kids live in Oz and my sister and her husband are over there in the process of there visa.
Scott and I lived in Melbourne on a working holiday visa between Oct11 to Oct12 and loved every min of it, we both worked and rented a lovely house, so we are just really wanting to get back over.
Hope someone can give us some info.
Thanks
Ashleigh
Hi Ashleigh and welcome to BE

For skilled migration, there is a great rough guide to the steps in the BE wiki - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/A_Roug...lled_Migration

One of you needs to have a skill on the CSOL, be able to successfully pass a skills assessment for that occupation, and meet the required points total. Having family in Australia doesn't really come into it I'm afraid
Old Aug 25th 2013, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi I have done some research and neither of us are on the SOL, that's what is worrying me. Iknow having family there doesn't make it easier unfortunately, they are just the reason we would like to move over other than loving Melbourne itself.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 1:39 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I have done some research and neither of us are on the SOL, that's what is worrying me. Iknow having family there doesn't make it easier unfortunately, they are just the reason we would like to move over other than loving Melbourne itself.
Gardener general (ANZSCO 362211) and Landscape gardener (ANZSCO 362213) are both on the CSOL which means that for skilled migration you would need either state or employer sponsorship. Skills assessment for both is Trades Recognition Australia (TRA)
Old Aug 25th 2013, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi, thank you for all this info
I clicked on the link and tried to get onto to CSOL and it is saying the page is not found, do you know where else I can find this list?
Sorry to be a pest and thanks again for your help.
Old Aug 25th 2013, 11:13 pm

Hi, thank you for all this info
I clicked on the link and tried to get onto to CSOL and it is saying the page is not found, do you know where else I can find this list?
Sorry to be a pest and thanks again for your help.
This years revised list is here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...n/pdf/csol.pdf

The top part of the list is schedule 1 occupations - those that would be on the SOL. The second part is schedule 2 - those that require sponsorship. You'll find the numbers jump from 41.... back to 11.... on page 5, and that's the end of 1, start of 2
Old Aug 25th 2013, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Why not type CSOL into Google and see what pops up?
Old Aug 25th 2013, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by NickyC
Why not type CSOL into Google and see what pops up?
That's what I do - haven't updated my list of links
Old Aug 26th 2013, 7:57 am
Just Joined

Thanks old.sparkles! I found the list and have had a read through so will continue to read on tonight again!
Old Aug 26th 2013, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks nicky yea I got it
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:00 am

Thanks old.sparkles! I found the list and have had a read through so will continue to read on tonight again!
Only one of you needs to have a job on the list if you have been living together for more than 12 months, but as landscape gardener is on Schedule 2, you would need either an employer or state to sponsor you. The easiest is likely to be state sponsorship, so you would have to check the state migration plans for which states will sponsor that occupation - NT, QLD, WA, SA, NSW, VIC, TAS and ACT.