Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Here's my theory about what makes migration more likely to be successful....

View Poll Results: Do you agree with what Buzzy said about successful emigrants?
Yes, Buzzy, you have hit the nail on the head.
55.07%
No, I think the opposite.
44.93%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Here's my theory about what makes migration more likely to be successful....

Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here's my theory about what makes migration more likely to be successful....

OK this is interesting.

I asked the same question in the Canada and New Zealand forums.

Both Australia and Canada have returned an exact 50/50 split of opinion. 90% of New Zealand emigrants, however, agree with my theory.

hmmmm.......

Buzzy
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of
Default Re: Here's my theory about what makes migration more likely to be successful....

I think there are always people who moan about things and that won't change no matter where they are.

We aren't going yet but are trying to do as much research as we can so that we can be as prepared as we can for when the time comes for us to go.

I think some people can be happy wherever they live but others have to find the right place for them. I like where I live now although there are things I dislike about the UK. I'm sure there will be plenty of things that I will like as well as dislike about living in Australia as well. We are not going because we hate the UK and are hopefully as aware as we can be about what things are going to be like such as working, paying tax and other things that have already been mentioned in this thread.

Some people are more adaptable than others and can settle into a new area or country much easier than others. If you are one of life's moaners then you'll probably moan about things once you've moved.

I also think that some people migrate without being fully prepared. They don't do that much research and then realise once they've arrived that things are completely different. I think researching everything you can about jobs, licences, schools, areas to live etc is one way that can help you settle.

For us life in Australia might not be better but we certainly know it is going to be different. Hopefully it will work out for us and our migration will be successful.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 11:56 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

I abstain....I don't reckon it is that simple. And to label someone who is unhappy as a whinger is pretty unfair. I'll admit that I couldn't wait to get out of the UK and don't want to go back....does that make me a whinger?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
I abstain....I don't reckon it is that simple. And to label someone who is unhappy as a whinger is pretty unfair. I'll admit that I couldn't wait to get out of the UK and don't want to go back....does that make me a whinger?
Moaning Minnie suits you better
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:06 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Moaning Minnie suits you better
I'll have to become the Victor Meldrew of the forum
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

There's a queue for that title...
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:10 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll have to stand in a queue to get that title
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hello twin
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I think you'll have to stand in a queue to get that title

Snap
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:12 pm
Take it easy

I know.....I'll have to put on a good performance....moaning ain't my speciality....posting nonsense is
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:13 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

I know.....I'll have to put on a good performance....moaning ain't my speciality....posting nonsense is
You've shattered my illusion.

I hung on your every word
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by it_hooker
Nope - we liked the UK wanted to try Oz - didn't settle, didn't like it, don't like the people, don't like the culture. Came back - end of. Simple really and debunks your theory I'm afraid.
Same here. Loved UK, tried OZ, prefer UK..thanks.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:14 pm
Take it easy

Originally Posted by Bix
You've shattered my illusion.

I hung on your every word
As I do yours
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:16 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

As I do yours
We'll swing together
Ooooo that didn't come out how I meant
Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:16 pm
Take it easy

Snap
Bloody doppelgangers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.