Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hello...with questions!

Hello...with questions!

Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello...with questions!

Originally Posted by windog
My wife (wannabeausienurse) and I have decided we would like to emmigrate to Aus (guess thats kind of obvious or I wouldn't be here!). She is currently taking a nursing diploma, and should graduate to registered nurse in feb2007, and 6 months later we should be able to apply for a "skills matching" visa, or thats the best route I can find after weeks going round in circles on the DIMIA web site, (I'm already worried I might fail the medical due to stress!)
Anybody have any experience of this visa? any pitfalls or comments on my thinking?

Unlike the majority of people we are looking at not living in a city, and have been researching the Queensland coastal areas. Karen spent a while in and arround Cairns some years ago, so we have some, if outdated, knowledge of there, but we think that the heat/humidity may be too much for our delicate pommie constitutions!, and have been looking further down the coast.
I would be very interested for any info especially from anyone who has moved/does live there. One area we like the look of is Hervey bay

You should check http://www.migration.qld.gov.au as unless things have changed recently, QLD does not sponsor for skill matching (most other states do).

If you are still set on regional QLD, the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) would suit. There is no work experience requirement, or points test, but you do have to make a "genuine effort" to stay with your sponsoring employer for 2 years or your visa can be cancelled. Download and read migration booklet 5 to learn about RSMS.

You will get more replies if you ask immigration questions on the immigration forum.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Gold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond reputeGold Coaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windog
Hi, I've been "lurking" the forums for a while now, but thought its about time to become "official"

My wife (wannabeausienurse) and I have decided we would like to emmigrate to Aus (guess thats kind of obvious or I wouldn't be here!). She is currently taking a nursing diploma, and should graduate to registered nurse in feb2007, and 6 months later we should be able to apply for a "skills matching" visa, or thats the best route I can find after weeks going round in circles on the DIMIA web site, (I'm already worried I might fail the medical due to stress!)
Anybody have any experience of this visa? any pitfalls or comments on my thinking?

Unlike the majority of people we are looking at not living in a city, and have been researching the Queensland coastal areas. Karen spent a while in and arround Cairns some years ago, so we have some, if outdated, knowledge of there, but we think that the heat/humidity may be too much for our delicate pommie constitutions!, and have been looking further down the coast.
I would be very interested for any info especially from anyone who has moved/does live there. One area we like the look of is Hervey bay

Well this was only supposed to be a "Hi" and a couple of quick questions, and it seems to have turned into an extract from war & peace...Sorry!

Hi Windog,

Welcome to the forum,

If you do require any visa or relocation assistance then please do not hesitate to P.M me and I will be glad to help you out in any way i can,

I wish you all the best

Tony

www.platinumrelocations.com.au
Old Jul 29th 2006, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
You should check http://www.migration.qld.gov.au as unless things have changed recently, QLD does not sponsor for skill matching (most other states do).

If you are still set on regional QLD, the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) would suit. There is no work experience requirement, or points test, but you do have to make a "genuine effort" to stay with your sponsoring employer for 2 years or your visa can be cancelled. Download and read migration booklet 5 to learn about RSMS.

You will get more replies if you ask immigration questions on the immigration forum.
Hmm interesting! We have already been through the Qld gov sites & as far as I could see there they didn't sponsor the rsms visa only the sir visa which would be temporary.The skill matching visa seemed to require no input from the state, only from the eventual employer or am I misinterpreting them?
( Oh yes we have downloaded book 5....&6...&11....&!)
Now you have turned this into a serious question I think I will have to ask it in the immi forum