grooming

Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice
Default grooming

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there are any decent dog groomers on the sunshine coast ? we are hoping to be there march 07 and will be bringing my cocker spaniel, but in the heat he will need regular trims and wondered if there is much call for it in oz.
If not i suppose i could always train before i get there and start my own one!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2006, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: grooming

Originally Posted by hindon
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there are any decent dog groomers on the sunshine coast ? we are hoping to be there march 07 and will be bringing my cocker spaniel, but in the heat he will need regular trims and wondered if there is much call for it in oz.
If not i suppose i could always train before i get there and start my own one!!!!
Can't help you with the sunshine coast, but if you bring the dog to Perth I could groom him for you . Get a Coat King, a comb and a pair of good scissors and you could do it yourself no worries. Check www.cockersonline.co.uk for excellent grooming tips. (Can you tell, I've got cockers too? )
Tracey
Old Jun 14th 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute

arrrr! I'm a cocker owner too - but wouldn't dream of grooming him - need industrial clippers every 8 weeks - plus glands and all that - no thank you! Spend more on his hair than mine in a year!

he's not coming though. sad but cost comes into it for us - plus he's 10 yrs old and grandparents would miss him more than us! 2 other dogs staying too.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

hindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nicehindon is just really nice

Originally Posted by jothefw
arrrr! I'm a cocker owner too - but wouldn't dream of grooming him - need industrial clippers every 8 weeks - plus glands and all that - no thank you! Spend more on his hair than mine in a year!

he's not coming though. sad but cost comes into it for us - plus he's 10 yrs old and grandparents would miss him more than us! 2 other dogs staying too.
i couldn't leave mine behind, too much a part of the family. Plus it would ruin the emigration as it wouldn't be all of us going and i would be sad, so it wouldn't be a good start at all.
i am going to ask if i can work free of charge at the groomers that he goes to now to learn how to do it, buy the equipment and then i can do it myself.
He is a working cocker spaniel (black) and doesn't get much hair underneath so i am sure i can do it. if not look out for a butchered black mental spaniel on the sunshine coast next march onwards and you will know its harder than it looks.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

i trim both of my springers (also both working stock to not much feathers).... but they both look like idiots after a haircut and all the other dogs in the park laugh at them (cruel really!)

i've seen a fair few adverts for dog grooming and there's the mobile washers that come round as well... i'm sure you'll find someone!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YoSemite
i trim both of my springers (also both working stock to not much feathers).... but they both look like idiots after a haircut and all the other dogs in the park laugh at them (cruel really!)

i've seen a fair few adverts for dog grooming and there's the mobile washers that come round as well... i'm sure you'll find someone!!
i suppose the less hair they have the cooler they will be. well thats my excuse anyway.