Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is the grass really greener?

is the grass really greener?

Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:52 am
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is the grass really greener?

Originally Posted by Hutch
No need to get all defensive (that the Aussie in you coming out ). Just pointing out that you have no frame of reference. I used to get slagged off by the Plodzone peeps for doing exactly that ...
and my old mate your going to get it again ,I have been away awhile I come back and your at it again .People are allowed to express an opinion without having to have lived both sides you seem to opine on topics of which you know bugger all yet every one else must be quiet ..so please you and you pals keep you nasty little snipes to your self
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I don't care that Hutch is not liked by some. Its no accident that some of us that like him are probably sort of pro-Australia. Hutch is quite satirical about the Uk but only in response to rabid australia attacks. He could sit down but chooses to respond.

I've always maintained there are far more literally personal, attacks on the pro-Australia lobby/faction(!) than the other which is why I tend to take
sides if at all. Most people who attack the UK are not personally directing it at anyone other than their mishaps in UK life or Mr Blair.
I don't hate oz but I am not in love with it either. I just felt that the poster shouldn't be put down for wanting to give it a go.They may hate it/ love it. that is enough on the subject now, I wish them well whatever they do.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teabag
Australian's all have their heads up their arse's

No history unless you live in Sydney and then it's only 200 years back
Well I respectfully disagree with you on the first point, and as to the second point how on earth did you come to the conclusion that Sydney is the only place in Australia that has a history that is of any significance?

Last edited by Womat; Feb 28th 2007 at 4:20 am. Reason: Typo!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toandfro
so please you and you pals keep you nasty little snipes to your self
Tell 'your' pals (not your mates, but people with not quite the same enthusiasm for Australia) the same and all would be nice!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:32 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Womat
Well I respectfully disagree with you on the first point, and as to the second point how on earth did you come to the conclusion that Sydney is the only place in Australia that has a history that is of any significance?
What the poster means is 'European history'. I do find this view that Australia hasn't got any history to it a bit moronic. Australia's a fascinating landscape with plenty of 'history' if people care to look. Just because it's not European for the majority doesn't mean it's not interesting.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:42 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toandfro
and my old mate your going to get it again ,I have been away awhile I come back and your at it again .People are allowed to express an opinion without having to have lived both sides you seem to opine on topics of which you know bugger all yet every one else must be quiet ..so please you and you pals keep you nasty little snipes to your self
Originally Posted by blowfly
I don't hate oz but I am not in love with it either. I just felt that the poster shouldn't be put down for wanting to give it a go.They may hate it/ love it. that is enough on the subject now, I wish them well whatever they do.
And I'm sure everyone applauds you both for charging to the OP's rescue. Bravo! One small thing ... could you explain exactly where I put him down? Who exactly 'put him down' for wanting to 'give it a go'? Hmmm? I merely pointed out that the OP has no frame of reference. Naughty old me.

The only person doing any 'sniping' here, is you guys - which given the posts you make elsewhere on this forum, isn't entirely surprising. All we need now is Hiddenpaw to pop up and provide some entertaining links to old posts and FPM to accuse us all of being 'dingos' and the thread will be complete.

Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice

Originally Posted by iPom
What the poster means is 'European history'. I do find this view that Australia hasn't got any history to it a bit moronic. Australia's a fascinating landscape with plenty of 'history' if people care to look. Just because it's not European for the majority doesn't mean it's not interesting.

Yes but the 'European history' distinction doesn't make it any more of an accurate statement either!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hutch
And I'm sure everyone applauds you both for charging to the OP's rescue. Bravo! One small thing ... could you explain exactly where I put him down? Who exactly 'put him down' for wanting to 'give it a go'? Hmmm? I merely pointed out that the OP has no frame of reference. Naughty old me.

The only person doing any 'sniping' here, is you guys - which given the posts you make elsewhere on this forum, isn't entirely surprising. All we need now is Hiddenpaw to pop up and provide some entertaining links to old posts and FPM to accuse us all of being 'dingos' and the thread will be complete.

Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Womat

Yes but the 'European history' distinction doesn't make it any more of an accurate statement either!
Of course not, but I suspect that's what people are talking about when they say it hasn't got any 'history' simply because there's only a couple of hundred years of white occupation here.
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
I'm on the beach, but I've lost my bucket...

Aw, do you want to borrow mine
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Oh yeah Perth has the Freo Prison

and I've seen a few of the dotty rock paintings, not my cuppa tea

and I've been to Port Arthur

what else was there?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:04 am
Account Closed

Ah, travel broadens the mind, eh?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:06 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Aw, do you want to borrow mine
Is it really shiny...?
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Is it really shiny...?

I'll polish it for you
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by iPom
Ah, travel broadens the mind, eh?
nah I'm just in a shite mood, I know there is some history here, just not quite the same as what I could be seeing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.