Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

don’t know if it is all worth it

don’t know if it is all worth it

Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:36 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: don’t know if it is all worth it

We had a nightmare when selling the house and the forever never ending sales that fell through BUT we finally did it. The block of land we had been eyeing up for the past couple of years sold the day before our house eventually sold for the last time. Felt quite shitty at the time but it all happened for the better. We would never have come to where we finally settled if the sales hadn't fallen through, you may end up in an area you love, you no longer have to feel obliged to a boss that held a job open for you if he's turned out to be an idiot, you can move anywhere, work anywhere and live your dream anywhere.

You will still get crap days here as everyday life still sucks no matter where you go but the weekends and holidays are just amazing....all the hols over to Fraser Island would have anyone jealous.

Good luck
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

I think you need to realise how lucky you are, - 1st off you have a house to sell, granted the sales have fell thru a few times, BUT it will sell eventually, 2nd you have a visa to live/work in OZ, how many ppl would love to be in your shoes! my point is, it will all happen for you in time, and if thats all the bad luck you get, be thankful! it`l all work out in time, be patient and be positive, I do empathise with you, but just have faith it`l be ok

bluekipper
Old Mar 25th 2008, 10:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at this post, then ask yourself is it worth it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524130
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by donovandenese
sounds like u are having a total nitemare with the house sales - whereabouts in Hull are you? were u affected by the floods as well? have you thought about renting the house out and moving now? or selling at a lower amount for a quick sale? my mum is in hull and has all this to look forward to - her CPV visa currently in processing. she is worried that the floods may mean that new buyers can't get insurance for houses in hull
Run of bad luck, once over here your job offer may reconsider now they can see you are living here.
Also the grey hairs dont stop once here, good luck.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Nattyocean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Here goes

We started looking into moving to Australia about 4 years ago and went on holiday to see what it was like and to help us make up our mind if we really wanted to go or not. We travelled from Sydney up to cairns and over 3 weeks had a really good time. We met some of my partners distant family in Brisbane and had a nice time, we also stayed at Hervey bay and liked that area.
As soon as we got back from the hols we started the visa process, I’m a carpenter so we went for the 136 skilled independent. It took some time but we got the visa no problems. So we put the house up for sale and I started applying for jobs, pretty some we had a buyer for the house and I had got a job on the gold coast. Then just as we where about to exchange contracts they pulled out (ahhhhh). We had already booked flights and arranged shipment of all out things, gutted. Luckily we had paid extra insurance just incase we had to cancel the shipment but we had to use the flights because it was now the 20th Aug and we had to validate the visas before the 16th Sept.
We went to Auz and had another 3 week holiday, again meeting family and I went to meet my future boss as he was very understanding about the house falling through (1st time) and said he would hold the job for me.
When we go back to the Uk we had another buyer and started going through the motions again only to be let down twice more.
Three sales fallen through and one year later we were starting to think about giving up. Then someone put another offer on the house in Jan 2008, things seem to be going OK with the house and we are hoping to exchange this week, but I no longer have the job that I was offered as my employer gave up after the last time the house fall through, so we have no idea where about in Auz we are heading to.
We liked Hervey bay and Brisbane but don’t know what to do or where to go.
My farther in law is hoping to emigrate to Auz and will be looking at getting a sponsor in a regional area so we are now starting to sway towards Hervey bay but nothing is definite
After all the ups and downs its starting to take its toll on us and now we just don’t know if it is all worth it. I keep telling myself and my partner that it is worth it, but its really getting to us now
Anyway that’s how its been for us,
Lee

P.S. And to top it all off I now have some grey hairs (Ahhhhhhhhhh)
I think everyone asks this question at some point when it seems nothing is happening as it should!:curse:

Just hang in there, think positive. Wishing you guys the best of luck.

Cheers Nattyocean
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Then it probably isn't.

Stay in the UK and get your life back to normal.
I can tell empathy is not one of you best qualities
Don't knock a reply because it's not the one you want to hear. He could be right, it wouldn't be the first time (not for him to be right, but for someone to decide last minute not to come and just to enjoy their UK lives). Only you can know for sure. Aus isn't going anywhere, sit down, work out all the pros and cons of both here and your current lives and go from there.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:17 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Everyone experiences ups and downs on the way to get here. Sometimes it does seem like it's all too much trouble - what you're feeling is entirely normal. Don't give up now - can you imagine what that would do to your self esteem?

But if you choose to follow this advice:

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Stay in the UK and get your life back to normal.
and subsequently decide you want to come to Oz after all, you will just be right back on the rollercoaster again.

Come to Oz, then get your life "back to normal".
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:44 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wendy
Take a look at this post, then ask yourself is it worth it.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524130
I really needed that! thanks.

k sent

p.s. TUNE!!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
I really needed that! thanks.

k sent

p.s. TUNE!!!!!
I think he said it was called 'Today the sun's on us' by Sophie Ellis Bexter
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I think he said it was called 'Today the sun's on us' by Sophie Ellis Bexter
thanks, but i just this second finished downloading the album!

thanks anyway
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
thanks, but i just this second finished downloading the album!

thanks anyway
You're very welcome
But really, good onya
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
You're very welcome
But really, good onya
gonna play that song to death now, especially seeing as it has decided to rain and the kids are home.

gonnna play that vid to the kids.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:10 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I can tell empathy is not one of you best qualities
So empathy = telling someone what they want to hear?

Have a good think because a wrong move will make a bad situation worse.

I ain't a big fan of Hull but it could actually be worse for you.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
So empathy = telling someone what they want to hear?

Have a good think because a wrong move will make a bad situation worse.

I ain't a big fan of Hull but it could actually be worse for you.
but how do you know if you dont give it a try?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Al n M has a brilliant futureAl n M has a brilliant futureAl n M has a brilliant futureAl n M has a brilliant futureAl n M has a brilliant futureAl n M has a brilliant future

4 years is a long time to just give up on your original dream and aspirations? Stick with it, House market here is not great now and lots of people are having problems selling.

Dont give up! Best of luck and I am sure it will all be worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.