debt in uk

Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debt in uk

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
It was another member and i have a strict rule of kiss and no tell!
Boring, I thought it was MI5 or something interesting
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond

It was interesting!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:14 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond

He's leading you on pretend you are not interested...
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:23 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
He's leading you on pretend you are not interested...

How about if im not interested?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:25 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

How about if im not interested?
What with your curious mind...as if?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:27 pm
Straw Man.

What with your curious mind...as if?

Its always been my greatest fault!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

I am not interested.

Go on, pleeeease tell me
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:44 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Not really. Par for the course. Though we did get a sactimonious post telling us not to be so sactimonious - which was interesting.
Sorry about that...

Just a little irritated with the judgemental stuff and the misinformation. Usually stay well away from this sort of thread, but sometimes...
Old Dec 5th 2006, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

ALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mallory
If your parents own a house in the UK, and you are listed as one of the heirs, your creditors will be standing in line when you get ready to sell it. Your siblings won't be able to sell it either, with liens on it. It will be held in limbo until you can pay the debt off.
That's wrong, I'm afraid.

Creditors have 6 years from the date you last awknowledged the debt (i.e. the last payment you made) to find you. Otherwise it is written off.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

My god! Thats got to be the first time someone on BE has agreed with me!

2500 posts and i finally get a agreement!
No you don't, it says 3,354 posts!

OzTennis
Old Dec 5th 2006, 2:27 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by OzTennis
No you don't, it says 3,354 posts!

OzTennis

It does now, it didnt when i made the statement!

But thanks for not agreeing with me.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 2:28 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by ALISON
That's wrong, I'm afraid.

Creditors have 6 years from the date you last awknowledged the debt (i.e. the last payment you made) to find you. Otherwise it is written off.

Thats probably what the CAB or such like institutions may tell you but if they think they can recover at any stage they will!
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:38 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Thats probably what the CAB or such like institutions may tell you but if they think they can recover at any stage they will!
Actually 6 years refers to the information being held against you and it must be expunged as a default from credit files etc. Thats 6 years from the late you last made a payment or communicated with the creditor, not actually took out the credit.

If no legal action has been taken it is indeed unenforceable, however if a CCJ or High Court Judgement has been issued it can be enforced after 6 years but only if the Judgement Claimant makes application to the Court for this to happen.

Of course this is largely for simple information purposes only as the chances are the matter will have been written off some years before and buried along with the millions of bad debt.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:44 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Centurion
Actually 6 years refers to the information being held against you and it must be expunged as a default from credit files etc. Thats 6 years from the late you last made a payment or communicated with the creditor, not actually took out the credit.

If no legal action has been taken it is indeed unenforceable, however if a CCJ or High Court Judgement has been issued it can be enforced after 6 years but only if the Judgement Claimant makes application to the Court for this to happen.

Of course this is largely for simple information purposes only as the chances are the matter will have been written off some years before and buried along with the millions of bad debt.

And if you read back some way thats exactly what i said.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

ALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of lightALISON is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb Re: debt in uk

Originally Posted by Centurion

Hi Centurion,
Just out of curiosity, does that mean that, for example, if someone had bad debt and a terrible credit rating and they moved out of the UK for 6+ years, then if they came back they would have no problem getting credit??

xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.