debt in uk

Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: debt in uk

Originally Posted by jond
I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, but Centurion seems to put his points across with more authority and they appear clearer than yours.

Sorry

John

p.s

I don't doubt for one minute that you know what you are talking about
No worries, I am in meetings/conferences all the time with regards to how the debt recovery world is changing so need to be careful how much I divulge. x
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

You mention only talking to them in person, would it not be beneficial if you could do it over the phone?

I am sick to death of writing and speaking on the phone, to be put on hold by some halfwit who doesn't know what they are talking about and should be stacking shelves in Aldi.

The last phone call lasted 48 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Gee whizz. I can imagine your frustration with that one.
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:12 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcbolam
To the leavers of debt - please wake up and smell the coffee - get your debt paid before you leave the UK - or if you dont, stay away once you go, we dont want your type here.

Or do you not have a thought for the people that you leave behind - rellies, friends and the like? we have to mop up your selfish acts by absorbing higher taxes to cover your deceit !!!
You're ok I'd have to have the debt of a third world country to want to live in Newcastle
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:18 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
IR debts are sticky ones and governed by different laws than civil private debts re enforcement.
Yup, I believe all Crown debt is different. I have been looking for an article I read in the last 2/3 days about student loan debt but I can't find it anywhere now. Not helped by being unable to remember whether it was on the 'net or in Saturday's Sydney Morning Herald or Weekend Australian.

Anyway it was highlighting how successful the UK has been at tracking down and securing payment of student loans given to people who then moved overseas for work. It was comparing this to Australia and how they are apparently thinking of making changes over here to enable them to collect in much the same way. If I can find it I'll post the link here...
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:29 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
Yup, I believe all Crown debt is different. I have been looking for an article I read in the last 2/3 days about student loan debt but I can't find it anywhere now. Not helped by being unable to remember whether it was on the 'net or in Saturday's Sydney Morning Herald or Weekend Australian.

Anyway it was highlighting how successful the UK has been at tracking down and securing payment of student loans given to people who then moved overseas for work. It was comparing this to Australia and how they are apparently thinking of making changes over here to enable them to collect in much the same way. If I can find it I'll post the link here...

You didn't think that grubby Little Tone and Gorgon were going to let anyone away with owing the gov money did you?...gee it would be such a waste if they missed the opportunity to waste every possible pound.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 1:08 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Completely correct. However, banks and other financial institutions share personal information and if your UK bank has your forwarding address they will post that linked data onto Experian for all and sundry with a subscription to the service to see.

Passport records are strictly taboo and that information is not shared outside immigation and the security services.

Suppose what I'm saying that if you do not divulge your forwarding address in Australia to any company or agency in the UK then the liklihood of you ever being traced is nil to nothing.
I think this is what the op wanted to know!
simple answer to the question!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 2:17 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely fantastically brilliant post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`m sure i did try to say something along those lines earlier, BUT! you put it in a way that i wasn't able to. S**t Hot

Originally Posted by utopia
At last some honesty.....

Alot of 'holier than thou ' posts!

Some people do have to put finances on hold! For honest and genuine reasons.

No one is in the position to judge.... and posters that just have one word replies like 'crap'

Really get me aggravated!

Uncouth comments should really be kept of this forum!

Unless you have been in the position of breaking point you have no idea how it feels and what you would do in that given situation.

Of late the banking system in the country has come under alot of scrutiny... recently watchdog made a documentary on how banks actually entice you to take out loans and credit cards knowing full well in some cases single parents families are struggling to keep there heads above water.

They give these people loans and cards in the full knowledge that many cannot afford to pay them back....

However it looks good on Sales statistics.....

Many banks and employees are in the process of being investigated as we type and have this discussion.

If these financial institutions knowingly trap desperate people I think they get what they deserve!

I am not saying someone with no principles that knowingly takes out loans with the full intent of not paying it back should get away scotch free!

However no one knows the majority of why people skip the country!

Unless you are aware of every circumstance, and have been in similar situations.

Who is anyone to really pass judgement?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:29 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice

Originally Posted by iPom
Not true. They will ask you if you have any credit cards or other debt. If you do not declare this on your mortgage application, you are committing fraud. Be very, very careful.
Hi Pom, here's the part of the email I got that info from....

"Just to reassure you - any debts you have in the UK are not recorded over
here. You will obviously have to feel comfortable paying them off but as far
as Credit Reporting agencies are concerned, any overseas debts are not on
file.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers
Mr X

--
Licenced Finance Broker
Accredited Mortgage Consultant (MIAA)
Approved Home Loans
P.O. Box 2341, Clarkson, WA, 6030
www.approvedhomeloans.com.au"

hmmmmm

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 30th 2006 at 8:32 am. Reason: personal details removed
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:33 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Pookster]Hi Pom, here's the part of the email I got that info from....

"Just to reassure you - any debts you have in the UK are not recorded over
here. You will obviously have to feel comfortable paying them off but as far
as Credit Reporting agencies are concerned, any overseas debts are not on
file.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers
Mr X

I think you should remove the name of this guy who gave you professional but personal advice as I am sure he did not expect it to be placed on an internet forum...a bit unfair I think.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 30th 2006 at 8:32 am. Reason: name of adviser removed
Old Oct 30th 2006, 8:55 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

So has this thread actually got anywhere?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 8:58 am
A rather curious boy

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Not really. Par for the course. Though we did get a sactimonious post telling us not to be so sactimonious - which was interesting.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah, but I don't know where

Come on, spill the beans, what official PM,d you after you posted on here
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:01 am
A rather curious boy

Come on, spill the beans, what official PM,d you atfer you posted on

You are such a fisher!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
You are such a fisher!
And very nosey
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:04 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, spill the beans, what official PM,d you after you posted on here

It was another member and i have a strict rule of kiss and no tell!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.