Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:57 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of
Default Re: To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

I'm sitting next to the radiator, looking out at a cold, wet and grey morning. I would rather be spending my money keeping the house cool than on gas and electric keeping it warm.

I suppose I could always put some more coal on the fire to save on the gas or just sit here with a coat on and save my money.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:04 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave99
I have been here 4 years and dont know if I can face another summer, its just to damn hot already

Whats the point of having this great outdoors life, a beautiful country, if its to damn hot to go out !

Anyone else feel this way

Bah Humbug
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:10 am
Just Joined

boboops is an unknown quantity at this point

left the uk exactly a week ago and let me tell you it was soooooooooooo darn cold/wet/miserable/yucky....know where i'd rather be:
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie
I'm sitting next to the radiator, looking out at a cold, wet and grey morning. I would rather be spending my money keeping the house cool than on gas and electric keeping it warm.

I suppose I could always put some more coal on the fire to save on the gas or just sit here with a coat on and save my money.

I agree.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:22 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I have been here 4 years and dont know if I can face another summer, its just to damn hot already

Whats the point of having this great outdoors life, a beautiful country, if its to damn hot to go out !

Yes.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:25 am
Banned

mono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond reputemono has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I don't understand people who talk about the fantastic outdoors lifestyle of Australia when

a) Stats suggest Aussies work more hours than Brits
b) The sun will give you skin cancer if you stay outside for extended periods regularly
c) The heat is basically uncomfortable and unpleasant for many, many weeks of summer. It drains you and wears you out.

It's easier to warm up in cold weather than cool down in hot weather.

Last edited by mono; Dec 5th 2009 at 8:29 am. Reason: typos
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mono
Yes. I don't understand people who talk about the fantastic outdoors lifestyle of Australia when

b) The sun will give you skin cancer if you stay outside for extended periods regularly
c) The heat is basically uncomfortable and unpleasant for many, many weeks of summer. It drains you and wears you out.

They put insulation in the ceiling at my place the other week - its now hotter than ever I reckon! Nice little porch area though with gorgeous breezes and just big enough for a squashy beanbag, bottle of wine and a laptop, best way of dealing with the heat
Old Dec 5th 2009, 8:48 am
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mono

Just to confirm your point "a", should that not read "Stats suggest Aussies Spend more time at work than Brits"

now that reads a bit better, as I'm not sure that they actually work when they are there.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:04 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you stuck here.
Is there an option to move to a more suitable climate? Your a lucky man if you do have a choice.

Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just to confirm your point "a", should that not read "Stats suggest Aussies Spend more time at work than Brits"

now that reads a bit better, as I'm not sure that they actually work when they are there.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:16 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Some actually do.

Last edited by The Bloke; Dec 5th 2009 at 10:14 am.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

overthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to alloverthemoon is a name known to all

i think im use to it now really enjoyed the sun today
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been here four years and think I've felt 'too hot' about four times in that time and we very rarely use air con as we don't like it.

Where are you that's so unbearably hot?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 9:55 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I've been here four years and think I've felt 'too hot' about four times in that time and we very rarely use air con as we don't like it.

Where are you that's so unbearably hot?
It's bound to be Sydney.. I spent over 10 years in Sydney, and 7 in Queensland, and the only 40+ days that I have known were down in Sydney

Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

fogfurn will become famous soon enough
Question Re: To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

are we ever happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.