Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

Old Dec 12th 2009, 1:29 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To damn hot, whats pont of beautiful country if its to hot to enjoy

Originally Posted by dave99
some of the air cons do drip, I have had one like that before, its nothing to worry about, I would have thought the aircon guy could tell you if this is the case
Cheers Dave, I did keep turning it on and off after a while though, got too cold and turned it off and vice versa, so perhaps it found the on/off extreme temperature changes a bit too 'challenging'

Mr PP is outside now washing his car, working up quite a sweat, wouldnt surprise me if it got into the 40's today.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:21 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

l don't see why people with a nice air conditioned house and a swimmimg pool compalin about the heat its only people who work in outdoors jobs like bricklayers or builders that l feel sorry for.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

mcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to allmcmorrow1 is a name known to all

I dont find Perth hot at all and i work outside all the time,i just find Perth boring and void of any culture
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Cheers Dave, I did keep turning it on and off after a while though, got too cold and turned it off and vice versa, so perhaps it found the on/off extreme temperature changes a bit too 'challenging'

Mr PP is outside now washing his car, working up quite a sweat, wouldnt surprise me if it got into the 40's today.
If yours is a normal air conditioner, not the type popular in WA, then it will have water coming out of the unit, almost all the time that it is operating.

What happens is that water is pulled out of the air, to dry the air when it recirculates it.

Most units have a thin drain pipe coming out of the bottom at one side, (normally inside the wall unit) which takes the water outside, and it should be directed to a suitable spot for the water to be displaced to. Some installers forget that, so it looks like it is leaking.

If it is other than that, eg: dripping inside the house, then, yes, you need it looked at.

Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
l don't see why people with a nice air conditioned house and a swimmimg pool compalin about the heat its only people who work in outdoors jobs like bricklayers or builders that l feel sorry for.
A lot of us don't have either. Admittedly I hate aircon and am very glad I don't have it, but a pool would be heavenly.......dream on Polly, maybe in my next life. I got the chance to swim more in Brighton than I do here
Old Dec 12th 2009, 7:46 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If yours is a normal air conditioner, not the type popular in WA, then it will have water coming out of the unit, almost all the time that it is operating.

What happens is that water is pulled out of the air, to dry the air when it recirculates it.

Most units have a thin drain pipe coming out of the bottom at one side, (normally inside the wall unit) which takes the water outside, and it should be directed to a suitable spot for the water to be displaced to. Some installers forget that, so it looks like it is leaking.

If it is other than that, eg: dripping inside the house, then, yes, you need it looked at.
Yep we have a pipe outside, and yes it is dripping a bit on the bottom right corner on the inside.

I have it on now and its not leaking, mind you I have left it alone and havent fiddled with it like I did yesterday, turning it on/off
Old Dec 12th 2009, 8:19 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Yep we have a pipe outside, and yes it is dripping a bit on the bottom right corner on the inside.

I have it on now and its not leaking, mind you I have left it alone and havent fiddled with it like I did yesterday, turning it on/off
If the outside pipe gets blocked, the water could backup and come out on the inside ?

Or it could just be a bit of condensation ? Although I don't recall ever getting that on the inside unit.

Old Dec 12th 2009, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
If the outside pipe gets blocked, the water could backup and come out on the inside ?

Or it could just be a bit of condensation ? Although I don't recall ever getting that on the inside unit.
Well its been on for a few hours now and so far so good Outside pipe seems fine, I think Mr PP adjusted the temp a bit so it isnt quite so cold and so far so good - which is fab as its roasting.

A nice cold beer is coming up.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 9:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A lot of us don't have either. Admittedly I hate aircon and am very glad I don't have it, but a pool would be heavenly.......dream on Polly, maybe in my next life. I got the chance to swim more in Brighton than I do here
You can come over and swim in my pool any time. We have aircon, too, but I don't like it much. I would rather have the ceiling fans on and windows open
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:52 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
For those of you missing the UK weather...

Looking out my front door (porch) last Sunday morning.

http://britishexpats.com/blogs/uploa...resco/5193.jpg

This is what it's been like since early November and set to continue.
I am being quite serious when I say that I would prefer that kind of weather than the Summers here...perfect for dog walking :0)
Old Oct 10th 2010, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Don_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really niceDon_Angel is just really nice

For all us wet to the bone in the south east with buckets catching the drips in hall, kitchen and bathroom I thought I would bump my favorite thread to remind us what's around the corner. I live in hope that one day soon the old Queenslander will dry out again
Old Oct 10th 2010, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don_Angel
For all us wet to the bone in the south east with buckets catching the drips in hall, kitchen and bathroom I thought I would bump my favorite thread to remind us what's around the corner. I live in hope that one day soon the old Queenslander will dry out again
Oh Lordy, did you have to?
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I like this thread too - well done for the bump.

I love the summer when i am home, but hate it at work. But i work in the desert and its not so much the heat, though that can be bad if doing a couple of weeks in a swag, but it is the flies that get me
Old Oct 10th 2010, 5:41 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I love the heat - I grew up in Africa so that might have something to do with it.
I love the bright sunshine and the way it makes everything look sharp and bright.
I love the sunset here in the hills - especially later on when the light is almost orange.

We live in such a beautiful country.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 6:39 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

It was 31 on Friday and Saturday here which is perfect IMO. Much hotter and I svitz and much colder I need slippers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.