Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

crime in melbourne

crime in melbourne

Old May 31st 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

UncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud ofUncleKev has much to be proud of
Default Re: crime in melbourne

very well written reply Ronan.

I think this thread probably needs to get back on track. The heading is "crime in Melbourne"

Is there crime in Melbourne? Yes, but very low by world standards

Is there racist crime in Melbourne? Yes, but very low by world standards

Are Indians being targeted for being Indians. I very much doubt it. I think that anyone who travels late at night on public transport in the Melbourne western suburbs will have horror stories to tell. This side of Melbourne has always been where the low income, blue collar workers and the waves of new immigrants first settle, and has always had higher crime rates than other parts of Melbourne.

I feel sorry for anyone who gets bashed and robbed on a train. But trying to link the events together and then having a foreign government stick their noses into Australian policing methods is not going to help.

Neither is disrupting ordinary Australians going about their business and smashing up property going to help.

We only recently had the spectacle of Sri Lankans beating each other up in the streets of Melbourne. Now the public see Indians smashing up proeprty and blocking traffic. From differnt countries, but Joe Public will just see the spectacle of recent immigrants being disrespectful in their new home.

I think they have hurt their image now and will need to do some quick repair work.

There is no way that the Victorian Police are going to be able to provide special protection to any single ethnic group.

All that police can do in any society is to apprahend the criminals and turn them over to the justice system. It seems that many of these recent attackers are in fact being arrested. I really dont think there is much more they can do, other than putting a cop in every railway carriage or arresting suspicious looking people before they commit the crime.
Old May 31st 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Thanks UncleKev.. I completely agree with your points and reasoning.. By doing violent protests on the streets, people are alienating themselves further from the mainstream. Doesnt look like a correct thing to me....
Old May 31st 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough

I think whoever is at fault at all these crimes....White Australian or other Ethnic immigrants the only real solution should be aimed at resolving the issues at medium to long term. i.e. there is no immediate effective solution and the things just needs to be calmed down and hopefully everyone can get over the whole situation.
Old May 31st 2009, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

concretebob is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey mpgrewal nice back flip after post #109
Old May 31st 2009, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
I respect all the forumers and they have helped me as well. The only place I went personal to someone was when he first called me "hypocrite".. Log is there for everybody to verify

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't have to settle scores with anybody here.
I think you will find that the Fijian Indians that have settled here over the last 15 years or more, have a totally different expierence to the Indian students.

Uncle Kev is 100 pct correct in his statement re the Western Subs being home to many waves of migrants. I think you will find a lot of this is caused by far less affluent 2nd generation sons of migrants that see the Indians as easy pickings. They wouldnt have dared try this on Islanders from Fiji, even the Indian ones. There again the Fijian Indians came here to work not study, and mixed in with the general community more.
Old May 31st 2009, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

May be this will wake the impotent Victorian police which is good for nothing. Instead of nabbing and prosecuting the racists, they are blaming back on Indians about travelling alone.
You're not going to be happy until the police start cracking heads at random and torturing captives. Sorry mate that's not going to happen.
Old May 31st 2009, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Now in that train video. The faces of all culprits who live in Weribee are quite clear, if the police wants the can arrest all of them within 2 days (from face matching database). I know they have arrested some attackers but only after Indian media presurrized, what a shame, height of discrimination, aussie police needs a trigger to work when it comes to Indians.
Which face monitoring database would that be?

There's no such thing.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:48 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther

There's no such thing.
Ironically enough, one of the perpetrators of the train bashing was clearly an Indian, one was clearly an asian and I think one or two were of Italian or Greek origin. I think only one was an actual Aussie. Could be wrong about the Italian/Greek and Aussie.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:51 am
Account Closed

There's no such thing.
Didn't you know that Australia is a Police state and we are all microchipped and barcoded with facial recognition and a DNA fingerprint data? It even contains a rectal scan!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deancm
Didn't you know that Australia is a Police state and we are all microchipped and barcoded with facial recognition and a DNA fingerprint data? It even contains a rectal scan!
So that's what they use their truncheons for?

Maybe we should get some foreign government to supply trainers so they can learn how to use their truncheons for cracking heads?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

interesting to see that VicPol have recruited a former Sussex Police CC.

Maybe he'll bring some UK policing standards down with him. Can only hope so, IMHO
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
just like those few bad Oz kids who bashed up couple of Indians,

Not a couple of Indians. 500 have been assualted in past 6 months. I posted the link earlier.

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Seldom i came across any post that sympathizes with the poor victims of these attacks... People are busy blaming Indians for their bad attitude
If you bring some facts (Eventhough many people might not have read them or known them) and challenge the malpractices you are being labelled as of bad and anti attitude. Thats the level of tolerance we have here

Originally Posted by concretebob
Hey mpgrewal nice back flip after post #109
Its not becoz of any fear but the fact that I can't hurt anybody personally. So clarificatoin was reqd
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

There's no such thing.
There are 2 face images of every person living in Australia. It can be matched with any suspect face via image processing and pattern matching within few minutes. They even have provision of aging match (because our face my change after some age).
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:47 am
Account Closed

There are 2 face images of every person living in Australia. It can be matched with any suspect face via image processing and pattern matching within few minutes. They even have provision of aging match (because our face my change after some age).
No there isn't. The only facial matching is if you have a new style Australian passport and that is only used by immigration. That is only one photo and only if you have a passport. Police do not have access to this information. Facial recognition equipment is used at the airports only.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 2:56 am
Account Closed

I heard that the reason the Indian Police didn't go into Taj Mahal Palace immediately with their special bulletproof armour and their special weapons that will only kill the guilty is because they couldn't see the point of rescuing rich foreigners until a few of them had been bumped off.

That's crap and I know it! But it sounds just like the crap that you've been fed and more worryingly believe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.