Forum Regular

autra will become famous soon enoughautra will become famous soon enough
Default Re: cost of living

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You can check car prices here: http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/
thankyou very helpfull
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by autra
hi sorry to pick up on this, does this mean it is not possible to earn the £100.000(the work is not about). ie in u,k some electritians are happy to work 9-5 on £9.50 per hr jib rate, others will work shift work as maitance at £16.50per hr other maybe self employed could be on a re wire of £1600 job and nock in a week other will work nights and at week ends at £25.00 per hr does it not differ over there too, it does not mean whoes right or wrong just wot u wont,as an idavidual.
Hi!

well, we know a couple of guys up here who are sparkies. They NO WAY earn close to $100,000 a year. That could be because we are in FNQ. If you are in Sydney (for example) then I imagine you would earn more but then again the cost of housing etc is more, so eeks out.

Your quotes of UK wages for a sparkie seem about right but you CANNOT times it by the exchange rate and expect that to be your salary.

Expect a drop back - a good drop back - for a while at least.

Last edited by steandleigh; Jul 9th 2005 at 11:27 pm. Reason: pants spelling errors...
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You can check car prices here: http://www.discountnewcars.com.au/
just bin on the site cars look simular in price to us mybe a couple of hundread out but not thousands.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

What is it you are actually trying to ascertain. Will you have the life (materialistically) you have here in the UK? - NO. It is unrealistic to expect it.

If you have moved from South Africa to the UK, then surely that based on the exchange rate alone, you realise that you can not duplicate the lifestyle you have built up in one country, by moving to another. The same applies moving from the UK to any other country, even though the exchange rate works in our favour. You may be £80K to take over with you (i.e $184K) but what will that get you in terms of house, car, schooling etc. and what your earning capacity be in Aus will certainly determine what your living standards will be. As i said earlier - research is key.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
What is it you are actually trying to ascertain. Will you have the life (materialistically) you have here in the UK? - NO. It is unrealistic to expect it.

If you have moved from South Africa to the UK, then surely that based on the exchange rate alone, you realise that you can not duplicate the lifestyle you have built up in one country, by moving to another. The same applies moving from the UK to any other country, even though the exchange rate works in our favour. You may be £80K to take over with you (i.e $184K) but what will that get you in terms of house, car, schooling etc. and what your earning capacity be in Aus will certainly determine what your living standards will be. As i said earlier - research is key.
yes i am aweare of this thankyou,
Old Jul 10th 2005, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Glenn210277 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: cost of living

Originally Posted by coxfamuk

this is a good point having done research i will be on pretty much the same money a little less but you can't expect to go to another country and get 100k straight away even 50-60 is pushing it you have to work your way up from bottom if you have the will to succeed then you probably will
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:41 am
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough

autra has this thread in any way helped you decide what you want to do? I'm still of the opinion that you've not looked into the reasons why you want to go enough and you don't appreciate what you already have! Have you considered anyother country?
I honestly can't see you having a good go of it in Aus (not meaning to sound harsh on you )
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bradley7]autra has this thread in any way helped you decide what you want to do?

Yes, she's decided not to come on here anymore because she's been slated all day . Has hung on in there though. She's a braver woman than me

Tracey
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:55 am
Merlot

[QUOTE=tracey.d]
Originally Posted by Bradley7
autra has this thread in any way helped you decide what you want to do?

Yes, she's decided not to come on here anymore because she's been slated all day . Has hung on in there though. She's a braver woman than me

Tracey
I think the problem was it was hard to work out if she was genuine or not - horrible to have to say that as we should treat every one the same until proved a troll.

Yes it would be useful to see how she feels at the moment with the advice given. Hard one for her.

M

Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:56 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=tracey.d]
autra has this thread in any way helped you decide what you want to do?

Tracey
And me! I held my hands up and conceded defeat
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:58 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by autra
have been reading all peoples comments about cost of living , i live in the north of england my husband is a sub contractor in the electrical trade,we earn about £42000 per yr we live in a four bedroom detached house he drives a 4x4 i have a Lexus we holiday once a yr at Christmasfor 3 weeks to ie USA south Africa and we then try to have a short cheep break to spain mid yr, we have one child left at home aged 10yrs who does not go with out , ie computers mobile phones,etc. i shop at m&S and debenhams etc. we eat out once a week, we intend to sell everything in the uk and come over with about £80000, my husband will look to work with an electrical/fire ininstallation company at first, then eventually to again sub contract to the companies , i will work part time we hope to buy a nice new build, three bed house, on mortgage and a small 4x4 and a van, and slow life down a bit , will we be able to have the same standard of life, we have lived in south africa for 2 yrs once so we now about not comparing wages etc.
You can wave bye bye to all that then, once you get to OZ.

Honestly though, if you have what seems to me a comfortable life here in the Uk why bother to move to the other side of the world and struggle for the next five years to get to anywhere near that standard in OZ?

We had comfortable lives too here in the UK before we left to go to OZ. We found it a struggle to earn anywhere near a decent wage for a family of only three. There are people on this website though that live otherwise and have 'found their fortune' out there. If not in wealth in being somewhere they love.

For us, we weren't prepared to spend the next few years struggling on hubbys poxy wage $480 approx take home a week (it was 2003/4) and my cash in hand job $100 a week. So we came back and slipped straight into good jobs, hubbys been promoted and we are even better off than when we left for OZ in 2003, no years of struggling just to earn a decent living.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 7:59 am
Banned

Bradley7 will become famous soon enoughBradley7 will become famous soon enough

Tracey [/QUOTE]

Hope it wasn't anything I said! I was just honest with her, I couldn't understand why she wanted to move and she couldn't really tell me why, looked like a disaster waiting to happen!
Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, she's decided not to come on here anymore because she's been slated all day. Has hung on in there though. She's a braver woman than me

Tracey
Hope it wasn't anything I said! I was just honest with her, I couldn't understand why she wanted to move and she couldn't really tell me why, looked like a disaster waiting to happen!/QUOTE]

Not intended for you as such. It was said tongue in cheek. I agree with all that's been said on here. I think she must be mad to go over there expecting a lifestyle on a par to what she's got here. With £80, 000, that's not going to get her what they have here. If however she is happy to downgrade her life then I say good on her. Give it a try.

Tracey

Must go. One daughter is shouting me to sort her hair out. She's got me dying it pink and black :scared: Got the pink on, now for the black. Had to have a serious discussion before I agreed to do it though. I have pointed out that if it goes wrong then chances are I will laugh (I know that's terrible but I know I wont be able to help myself). Have told her that I will only do it if she promises not to throw a wobbler if it goes wrong. I'm a nurse not a hairdresser. KERRY where are you? She has agreed to the conditions so on her head be it

The other is shouting for me to watch Big Brother with her.
I'm sure I'll be back in the adverts.

Tracey
Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:12 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by janeyray
You can wave bye bye to all that then, once you get to OZ.

Honestly though, if you have what seems to me a comfortable life here in the Uk why bother to move to the other side of the world and struggle for the next five years to get to anywhere near that standard in OZ?

We had comfortable lives too here in the UK before we left to go to OZ. We found it a struggle to earn anywhere near a decent wage for a family of only three. There are people on this website though that live otherwise and have 'found their fortune' out there. If not in wealth in being somewhere they love.

For us, we weren't prepared to spend the next few years struggling on hubbys poxy wage $480 approx take home a week (it was 2003/4) and my cash in hand job $100 a week. So we came back and slipped straight into good jobs, hubbys been promoted and we are even better off than when we left for OZ in 2003, no years of struggling just to earn a decent living.
Nice to hear from you, did I hear that another wee Janyeray are on their way?

Sorry to detract from the OP.

M

Old Jul 10th 2005, 8:21 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KBREMBO
Equivalent to M & S is David Jones!
Still no decent knickers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.