Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cairns [QLD] - Anyone live in Cairns One? Good/bad stories (& friends wanted!).

Cairns [QLD] - Anyone live in Cairns One? Good/bad stories (& friends wanted!).

Old Feb 20th 2009, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future
Default Cairns [QLD] - Anyone live in Cairns One? Good/bad stories (& friends wanted!).

Hi guys, Just wondered if anyone lives in Cairns One (down Gregory Street, Parametta Park way). It looks lovely, like a holiday resort, but was wondering if anyone currently lives there or if they have any good/bad stories of the place.

Thanks.
p.s. - I'm STILL apartment hunting!
p.p.s - Just had my first taste of Carlton Draught...not bad actually!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 7:38 am
Just Joined

mikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nicemikeyp is just really nice
Default Re: Cairns [QLD] - Anyone live in Cairns One? Good/bad stories (& friends wanted!).

Hi there, just spotted this thread.
Don't know if you are still looking, but a girl I work with lives at Cairns One.
She says its pretty nice on the whole, but having a few issues with a neighbour and his stereo - she says the walls are a bit thin and he cranks it up really loud! She is trying to move at the moment, but still in the complex, just a different block.
She said to watch out for the block that runs along the creek - can be a bit mosi prone, but other than that pretty good.

Apparently some of the Cairns Taipans were living there and it was a bit party central, but since they left it's a lot quieter!

She reckons it seems like living in a resort as you get a choice of pools etc.

Mike
Old Feb 26th 2009, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Dairymilk04 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cairns [QLD] - Anyone live in Cairns One? Good/bad stories (& friends wanted!).

Hi,

I'm not sure about the cairns one complex, i've not really heard anything bad about it.

But if you're still apt hunting I know a few of the taipan basketball players are now in a glencorp block of units in whitfield, which are also a bit party central, and have a bit of a bad rep, so that place may be worth staying away from, as well as a complex called city waters on the Bruce Highway.

I was living in Smithfield until September in a complex called The Beaches. Gorgeous complex (again like a holiday resort), but as it's so near to JCU (the university) there were a few students there who could be pretty noisy some nights in the communal bbq areas.
But on a whole we enjoyed living there, but it was a bit far away from a local pub/restaurant for us.

We're now living at Trinity Beach on the esplanade but are moving down to the Gold Coast in just over a week

Good luck with the hunting!
Old Feb 26th 2009, 2:41 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi leanne have you found anything yet, hope you are settling in