Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

Old Dec 31st 2012, 9:57 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

Originally Posted by Oziks
Are you proficient in English, or able to evaluate sufficiently the use of language?
just before all else, you should check some of the words what you typed!

i have been improving my English, so do not worry about me friends
Good luck with that - do you need to pass IELTS?
Old Dec 31st 2012, 10:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

Are you proficient in English, or able to evaluate sufficiently the use of language?

Yes. there were two spelling mistakes, but the grammar was correct. incidentally the 'what' that you used should have been 'that', your sentence sounded as though it had been written by Ernie Wise (sorry, a comment you probably wouldn't understand)
Old Jan 1st 2013, 2:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

He is a native English speaker, so yes proficient. You seem to be over estimating your own abilities though. I manage a team here and over half of them are from non-English speaking countries and for quite a few this is their first job - and their English language abilities leave you standing I am afraid.

We are not talking about typos here and I don't even think we are talking about mistakes such as confuing "there" and "their" (although I would not like to see this in written communications in a work environment), no your English is just hard to understand. You need to work on your diction, not spelling and not even grammar, but your diction.

It is no use spelling words correctly if the words when put together don't make any sense.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 1:07 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Initially from employers.
Zero. Or as near to zero as it gets.

Most of them will not have heard of it, they wont bother looking it up, and there are hundreds of thousands of people with local experience waving MBAs and/or good degrees with professional memberships - CA, CPA etc.

You might get a junior clerical role, but even then you will have to fight past 100,000 people waving TAFE Diplomas and Certificates that the employers will recognise straight away.

Add to that your problems with written English and you are going to really struggle to find a non manual job.

There is no point in sugar coating it, you HND isn't going to be worth the paper its printed on.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Oziks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Good luck with that - do you need to pass IELTS?
Thank you!

Yes, will definetely take the IELTS.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Yes. there were two spelling mistakes, but the grammar was correct. incidentally the 'what' that you used should have been 'that', your sentence sounded as though it had been written by Ernie Wise (sorry, a comment you probably wouldn't understand)
Who are you?

You are definetely not my peer, and also your approach with the above comment is quite insolently ( sad but true buddy )

<<snipped>>

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 2nd 2013 at 3:27 am. Reason: The language of BE is English, If you wish to post in other languages please go elsewhere
Old Jan 1st 2013, 6:05 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

Yes, will definetely take the IELTS.
Have you had any practice as yet - the writing part is about essays, and sentence structure, as well as spelling and grammer - not sure how they mark it but probably worth having a look online at some examples.

Good luck
Old Jan 1st 2013, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
He is a native English speaker, so yes proficient. You seem to be over estimating your own abilities though. I manage a team here and over half of them are from non-English speaking countries and for quite a few this is their first job - and their English language abilities leave you standing I am afraid.

We are not talking about typos here and I don't even think we are talking about mistakes such as confuing "there" and "their" (although I would not like to see this in written communications in a work environment), no your English is just hard to understand. You need to work on your diction, not spelling and not even grammar, but your diction.

It is no use spelling words correctly if the words when put together don't make any sense.
I know what my lacks are, sentence structures and the using of the words in order
Old Jan 1st 2013, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you had any practice as yet - the writing part is about essays, and sentence structure, as well as spelling and grammer - not sure how they mark it but probably worth having a look online at some examples.

Good luck
I am doing practices. At the present time i am checking to see in which part i should focus hardly.

There are four bands on the IELTS. Currently i am on band 6 and aim to climb on band 8.
They score each four bands separately.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Zero. Or as near to zero as it gets.

Most of them will not have heard of it, they wont bother looking it up, and there are hundreds of thousands of people with local experience waving MBAs and/or good degrees with professional memberships - CA, CPA etc.

You might get a junior clerical role, but even then you will have to fight past 100,000 people waving TAFE Diplomas and Certificates that the employers will recognise straight away.

Add to that your problems with written English and you are going to really struggle to find a non manual job.

There is no point in sugar coating it, you HND isn't going to be worth the paper its printed on.

I have been several times in Sydney and have some respectable contacts, do not worry, you do not need to give some details about employement or qualifications issues.

By the way, as for the recognition, i got the necassary fact from a trustworthy source.

Namely, in the globe is always a way out!
Old Jan 1st 2013, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Namely, in the globe is always a way out!
You see this is what we have been talking about ... this sentence does not make any sense to a native English speaker.
Old Jan 1st 2013, 7:53 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Hast du es kapiert, oder soll ich es noch einmal erklaren?
I speak French and my brother speaks Greek but neither will get us a management job here in Australia..
Old Jan 1st 2013, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I speak French and my brother speaks Greek but neither will get us a management job here in Australia..
I did not glance something with this German sentence!
What did you understand from this post?

By the way, i can get what i desire!
Old Jan 1st 2013, 10:07 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I did not glance something with this German sentence!
What did you understand from this post?

By the way, i can get what i desire!
Do you qualify for a visa to work in Australia?
Old Jan 1st 2013, 10:17 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Who are you?

You are definetely not my peer, and also your approach with the above comment is quite insolently ( sad but true buddy )

Hast du es kapiert, oder soll ich es noch einmal erklaren?
Shouldn't that be 'Haben Sie'?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.