Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

Old Dec 24th 2012, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Oziks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

Hello There,

Can anyone give a hint for the recognition of BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management in Australia?

Thank you

Ozzy
Old Dec 24th 2012, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

By the way,this qualification is issued by Edexcel UK

Take care!

Ozzy
Old Dec 25th 2012, 11:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management,is this recognised in Australia?

computer says no...........
Old Dec 25th 2012, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

But i see there is HND in the qualification lists!

do not want to deal with eventualities,please precise facts

Thank you
Old Dec 25th 2012, 3:52 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oziks
But i see there is HND in the qualification lists!

do not want to deal with eventualities,please precise facts

Thank you
If you want a defiitive answer, ask the people who will be doing the skills assessment. What ANZSCO code would you be applying under?
Old Dec 25th 2012, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hello There,

Can anyone give a hint for the recognition of BTEC Level 5 HND Business Management in Australia?

Thank you

Ozzy
Recognsed for what? Skills assessment, or just in general by employers? What are you trying to do?
Old Dec 26th 2012, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Thank you dear Old sparkles and Bermudashorts!

Initially from employers.But also would to understand the recognition criterias
of Australian institutions!

What about employers,do they consider for country recognition or are they unaffiliated in this subject?
Please let me have some facts if you are able to give.

Thank you

Ozzy
Old Dec 26th 2012, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you dear Old sparkles and Bermudashorts!

Initially from employers.But also would to understand the recognition criterias
of Australian institutions!

What about employers,do they consider for country recognition or are they unaffiliated in this subject?
Please let me have some facts if you are able to give.

Thank you

Ozzy
OK so you just want to know about employers? Not for skills assessment?

For employers, I shouldn't think they would give too much thought to a HND in Business Managament. I don't think it would make any differnece one way or another to a job application.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.rdi.co.uk/course-finder/2...ess-management

I would suggest you complete the additional year at sutherland etc

Distance learning in itself for 2 years would not give me much confidence or ability to rely on such a qualification as an employer. However focus on the specific knowledge/skills you picked up during the course. If you lack alot of experience focus on what areas you enjoyed and portray these as areas you would like to get into.

If you have no other formal qualifications yes sure put it on your CV but I would break out exactly what you got out of the course. This in itself is not going to get you a senior managment position but it might if you word it correctly get the attention of a company with a mngt training program.

Where as other degrees this is already cleared understood and able to be used by employers as comparison bar.

Be ware that agents would not have the time or inclination to research into anything not a clear degree or above qualification.

Old Dec 27th 2012, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
http://www.rdi.co.uk/course-finder/2...ess-management

I would suggest you complete the additional year at sutherland etc

Distance learning in itself for 2 years would not give me much confidence or ability to rely on such a qualification as an employer. However focus on the specific knowledge/skills you picked up during the course. If you lack alot of experience focus on what areas you enjoyed and portray these as areas you would like to get into.

If you have no other formal qualifications yes sure put it on your CV but I would break out exactly what you got out of the course. This in itself is not going to get you a senior managment position but it might if you word it correctly get the attention of a company with a mngt training program.

Where as other degrees this is already cleared understood and able to be used by employers as comparison bar.

Be ware that agents would not have the time or inclination to research into anything not a clear degree or above qualification.

Thank you for your remarks

I am currently having Level 7 extended Strategic management and leadership course and this will be completed around september 2013.This is a part of Master degree course and mainly tailored for senior management position.

In fact i am having 12 years substantial experience in the business and aim to register my practical knowledges,by obtaining concerned qualifications.
And due those circumstances i attend courses constantly and enhance my knowledges.

As for agents consideration or inclination,this is an another approach and would not to make any comments

Oh ,by the way i am having linguistic skills as,mandarin chinese,german and russian....i suppose additional plus in the globe
Old Dec 27th 2012, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

dear bermudashorts,thank you for your reply

in fact ,knowledge,skills and practical facts should be the keynotes for an employer i think!

Whatever you study or what rates you got from courses are just abstracts!

Its up to the conversation during an interview and how you convince the employer with your acumen
Old Dec 27th 2012, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dear bermudashorts,thank you for your reply

in fact ,knowledge,skills and practical facts should be the keynotes for an employer i think!

Whatever you study or what rates you got from courses are just abstracts!

Its up to the conversation during an interview and how you convince the employer with your acumen
I am sure I don't need the career tips, thanks.
Old Dec 28th 2012, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

dear bermudashorts,i am conveying commonly instead private interpretation!

By the way,are you Australian or living there as an expat ?
Old Dec 28th 2012, 9:44 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

dear bermudashorts,i am conveying commonly instead private interpretation!

By the way,are you Australian or living there as an expat ?
You may need to work on your English before you reach Australia - employers will be reluctant to employ people who do not have an adequate grasp of the language.
Old Dec 29th 2012, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dreamy
You may need to work on your English before you reach Australia - employers will be reluctant to employ people who do not have an adequate grasp of the language.
dear dreamy,

sorry but,i do not think that this platform is a spellchecker!

i convey some issues plainly and this is enough comprehensible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.